Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664339 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6600 on: March 25, 2015, 12:48:25 pm »
I've decided/accepted that many of my handheld games are simply unplayable w/ only 1 hand.

So, I've started (and will be continuing) to go through & add (*mostly*, at this point) 3-DS, DS, and PSP games to my sell list.

Once I'm done, everything will be flexible (sales, trades, combinations, whatever's clever:)

I'm mainly saying this for bigger handheld gamers & collectors who might like a bit of a "head start" looking at the items...

kash -

I had more fun with X-2 myself; 'DAT battle system!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6601 on: March 25, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »
Ugh. These damn random battles in FFT will be the death of me. Just trying to do side stuff before advancing the story and all the random battles from walking around are such a pain in the ass and slow the game down so much.

As in side-stuff, do you mean the jobs you can take at the pubs? Just save your game after you accept the quest. When you venture out, count the number of days you need to be gone in order to get them over with. If you get into a battle, restart. Find two towns to walk between. That will help speed things up substantially, too.

The random battles never bothered me until I started going head to head with a party of Red Chocobos. Seriously, f*** those things. Choco Meteor is evil.

Nah I'm doing the extra quests to get Cloud and there is a lot of walking to do so.

kashell

« Reply #6602 on: March 25, 2015, 02:04:55 pm »
dark: I'll take a gander, but I don't have much to trade aside from anime. ^^()

Ugh. These damn random battles in FFT will be the death of me. Just trying to do side stuff before advancing the story and all the random battles from walking around are such a pain in the ass and slow the game down so much.

As in side-stuff, do you mean the jobs you can take at the pubs? Just save your game after you accept the quest. When you venture out, count the number of days you need to be gone in order to get them over with. If you get into a battle, restart. Find two towns to walk between. That will help speed things up substantially, too.

The random battles never bothered me until I started going head to head with a party of Red Chocobos. Seriously, f*** those things. Choco Meteor is evil.

Nah I'm doing the extra quests to get Cloud and there is a lot of walking to do so.

The same rules should apply. Get to a destination. Save. Go to the next destination. If you enter a battle, restart. That's what I did near the end and it helped substantially. By that point in the game, my team was insanely powerful (in both versions) so all of the story fights were over within minutes.

Cloud is great, but if you want to utilize him to his fullest potential, you'll be looking at lots and -LOTS- of level building.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 02:24:21 pm by kashell »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6603 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »
dark: I'll take a gander, but I don't have much to trade aside from anime. ^^()

The same rules should apply. Get to a destination. Save. Go to the next destination. If you enter a battle, restart. That's what I did near the end and it helped substantially. By that point in the game, my team was insanely powerful (in both versions) so all of the story fights were over within minutes.

Cloud is great, but if you want to utilize him to his fullest potential, you'll be looking at lots and -LOTS- of level building.

Yeah my team is all guys who are almost level 30 which I've heard is a little high. I don't really know if I plan on using him. Moreso I just feel like I need to get him for the hell of it.

kashell

« Reply #6604 on: March 25, 2015, 04:01:26 pm »
He's pretty easy to get, IIRC. Getting his good weapon is a little trickier because you need to move to the highest point in a volcano with a person that has the find-item ability on. Again, this is only useful if you plan on using him. I used him during one of my (many) files and wasn't disappointed with his power. But, the only reason I bothered to train him was because I had nothing else to play at the time. ^^()

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6605 on: March 25, 2015, 04:24:17 pm »
He's pretty easy to get, IIRC. Getting his good weapon is a little trickier because you need to move to the highest point in a volcano with a person that has the find-item ability on. Again, this is only useful if you plan on using him. I used him during one of my (many) files and wasn't disappointed with his power. But, the only reason I bothered to train him was because I had nothing else to play at the time. ^^()

Yeah, everything is wrapping up pretty nicely. I doubt anyone new will make it into my party at this point (except for Orlandu). I just am listening to the newest episode of VGMpire and am hearing the music from Vandal Hearts researched it a bit. Has anyone played them? I'm probably digging a hole playing a million SRPG games in a row but they're just so good. (Probably will play a regular RPG next though, otherwise I may die lol)

kashell

« Reply #6606 on: March 26, 2015, 08:16:33 am »
And the grinding has begun. Last night while I caught up on a few shows, I started to max out Lily Ranks. Noire and Blanc are up to date with all of my current characters. Today, I hope to knock out a few more of these chickens.

Yeah, everything is wrapping up pretty nicely. I doubt anyone new will make it into my party at this point (except for Orlandu). I just am listening to the newest episode of VGMpire and am hearing the music from Vandal Hearts researched it a bit. Has anyone played them? I'm probably digging a hole playing a million SRPG games in a row but they're just so good. (Probably will play a regular RPG next though, otherwise I may die lol)

Orlandeu will decimate things just by looking at them. Have fun with him. One time, I used him, Beowulf, Meliadoul and Agrias. Nothing stood a chance; not even the bonus dungeons.

I played the first Vandal Hearts. It's a very campy, over the top SRPG. It still has a bit of a following. The game is about 10 hours so you can finish it in a week. Vandal Hearts 2, however, I have yet to play. I hear that it's very divided due to the enemies moving at the same time as you move. Some people like that mechanic, others hate it.

Maybe watch a few game play videos and see what you think? Vandal Hearts is usually pretty inexpensive. The second one might be more costly.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6607 on: March 26, 2015, 11:49:20 am »
kash -

didya' remember to check out that link for me when you got home yesterday?

I'm just going to wait until later & combine my Lily-grinding with my everyone to level 99 grinding.

Just beat chapter 7 & getting into the 8th now.

Where are you in the story?

Also, do you know:

1). If the "shares" have/do anything in this game?

and

2).  What's up with the NG+?

I've just read about there being one  :o

btw - friend doafan, makes my older, attention-grabbing avatars, look like nursery school homework  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #6608 on: March 26, 2015, 02:16:16 pm »
I thought this was pretty cool about the new PS4 system update:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/26/8295511/playstation-4-update-button-mapping

It seems like such a simple thing, but so immensely helpful for so many people.  I have a difficult time switching between consoles and their variations on buttons, so it's nice to be able to change it up if I need to.

Apparently this feature also extends to the Vita, which is pretty sweet.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #6609 on: March 26, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »

It seems like such a simple thing, but so immensely helpful for so many people.  I have a difficult time switching between consoles and their variations on buttons, so it's nice to be able to change it up if I need to.

That is super awesome. Go Sony!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #6610 on: March 26, 2015, 02:55:27 pm »

That is really cool.

I'm personally happy to see them adding some more trophy sort options. Never made sense to me why you could sort by date earned on the PS3, but then the PS4 came out & that option wasn't there.  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #6611 on: March 26, 2015, 03:18:17 pm »
kash -

I'm just going to wait until later & combine my Lily-grinding with my everyone to level 99 grinding.

Also, do you know:

and

btw - friend doafan, makes my older, attention-grabbing avatars, look like nursery school homework  :P

Did somebody say boob avatars? ;D 8)

I don't know exactly what shares do in Noire's game, but in previous games in the franchise, shares have been used to determine the strengths of certain characters belong to that nation, as well as determining which ending you'll get. In HDN Victory on the PS3, shares also determined the rank you'd get at the end of each chapter.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #6612 on: March 26, 2015, 03:30:49 pm »
I've decided/accepted that many of my handheld games are simply unplayable w/ only 1 hand.

So, I've started (and will be continuing) to go through & add (*mostly*, at this point) 3-DS, DS, and PSP games to my sell list.

Once I'm done, everything will be flexible (sales, trades, combinations, whatever's clever:)

I'm mainly saying this for bigger handheld gamers & collectors who might like a bit of a "head start" looking at the items...

kash -

I had more fun with X-2 myself; 'DAT battle system!

K, I'll be waiting
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #6613 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:44 pm »
kash -

Also, do you know:

and

I'm still on Chapter 5. Neptune is out of the party for a minute. The good news is that Lee-Fi is caught up and Resta is not too far behind.

It's a shame that Vert and Lid are going to be tricky to max.

foxhack

« Reply #6614 on: March 26, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »
Anyone want to buy my PS2 version of Ys VI?

Oh and Akiba's Trip is also being released on PC.