Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664657 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6840 on: April 15, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
Son of a bitch!  I just bought a game that I thought was on my wishlist. Nope. I already have Rampart.

You would think a fella like me would use the VGCollect mobile site. Nope. I was winging it old school.

Ive done that before. I open my SNES drawer, and sure enough, that game was sitting on top too
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #6841 on: April 15, 2015, 10:59:30 pm »
Kash:

I just read an article on Gematsu that Namco has said Tales of Zesteria is releasing this Fall, and will have dual audio tracks. Hooray! I was kinda hoping for a Summer release, but it's good to at least have a time frame. Then I made the mistake of looking at the comments and...everyone apparently hates this game? ??? What gives? Honestly, I don't trust other Tales fans' opinions besides yours, because I had been told how bad Xillia 2 was before I played it and...well, those people are clearly insane.

So what do you know about Zesteria? Should I lower my expectations some, or is it all a bunch of BS? ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6842 on: April 16, 2015, 08:20:54 am »
Kash:

I just read an article on Gematsu that Namco has said Tales of Zesteria is releasing this Fall, and will have dual audio tracks. Hooray! I was kinda hoping for a Summer release, but it's good to at least have a time frame. Then I made the mistake of looking at the comments and...everyone apparently hates this game? ??? What gives? Honestly, I don't trust other Tales fans' opinions besides yours, because I had been told how bad Xillia 2 was before I played it and...well, those people are clearly insane.

So what do you know about Zesteria? Should I lower my expectations some, or is it all a bunch of BS? ;)

You looked at the comments and made it out alive? Dang, soldier. I applaud you. I always say, "Never, -EVER- go to Tales forums." Tales fans (save for a select few, obviously) are some of the most disturbing folks I have ever come across. The hatred for Zesteria follows the same pattern that happened with Graces f, Xillia, Symphonia Chronicles, Xillia 2 and especially Hearts R. Hearts R's initial response was really bad. It almost made me feel ashamed to be a Tales fan.

Gah, I'm ranting and I still haven't answered your question. The truth is, I don't know much about Zesteria because I haven't been following the stories about it. I like to be surprised as much as possible when games I buy day one come out. So, I avoid as much footage as possible. The most important thing I know about Zesteria is that it's coming to the US and that's good enough for me. ^^ Granted, I have seen some screenshots and I know that one of the characters, Alicia, doesn't get as much screen time as the rest of the cast. Other than that, I know about as much as you do.

argyle

« Reply #6843 on: April 16, 2015, 09:01:58 am »
Kash:

You looked at the comments and made it out alive? Dang, soldier. I applaud you. I always say, "Never, -EVER- go to Tales forums." Tales fans (save for a select few, obviously) are some of the most disturbing folks I have ever come across. The hatred for Zesteria follows the same pattern that happened with Graces f, Xillia, Symphonia Chronicles, Xillia 2 and especially Hearts R. Hearts R's initial response was really bad. It almost made me feel ashamed to be a Tales fan.

Gah, I'm ranting and I still haven't answered your question. The truth is, I don't know much about Zesteria because I haven't been following the stories about it. I like to be surprised as much as possible when games I buy day one come out. So, I avoid as much footage as possible. The most important thing I know about Zesteria is that it's coming to the US and that's good enough for me. ^^ Granted, I have seen some screenshots and I know that one of the characters, Alicia, doesn't get as much screen time as the rest of the cast. Other than that, I know about as much as you do.

Hehe, fair enough. :) I try to avoid details on games I know I'm getting as well, that's why I was shocked by the hatred of the game - but at the same time, I've been around enough to know how much weight to put into open comments like that. ;) The only 2 things I want to know are a solid release date (PLEASE don't release close to Xenoblade Chronicles X!) and the announcement/details on a collector's edition. 

I don't know why I keep forgetting about R - I guess it's because no store around me carries it so when I'm casually browsing for a Vita game I don't see it. I really need to pick that up, I read your review of it & it sounds great. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

« Reply #6844 on: April 16, 2015, 09:32:20 am »
Thanks for reading!

Yeah, I really enjoyed Tales of Hearts. I tell folks that I sunk only 50 hours into it. And they're all, "Woah, that's a lot!" and I'm like, "That's not enough!" It's so dang fun.

abe

« Reply #6845 on: April 16, 2015, 09:45:36 am »
Tales of Hearts R is fantastic. I haven't finished it yet but it's easily among my favorite Vita games now.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6846 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:48 am »
Kash:

Honestly, I don't trust other Tales fans' opinions besides yours,

Ouch

argyle

« Reply #6847 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:30 am »
Sorry, Kash is the only outspoken Tales of... fanatic that I'm aware of here. :)  I guess I should say most people here have really well thought-out & rational opinions, unlike the wilds of the internet. :P

kashell

« Reply #6848 on: April 16, 2015, 10:45:40 am »
Sorry, Kash is the only outspoken Tales of... fanatic that I'm aware of here. :)

Fanatic?

That might be true, actually. ^^()

argyle

« Reply #6849 on: April 16, 2015, 11:03:47 am »
Fanatic isn't a bad thing. I actually think I'm becoming one myself. ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6850 on: April 16, 2015, 11:11:56 am »

can't have a "fanatic" w/o having being a "fan" :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6851 on: April 16, 2015, 11:18:11 am »

I'll start making designs for our tee shirts, caps, and buttons. We'll also need a secret handshake.

bobster

« Reply #6852 on: April 16, 2015, 11:21:19 am »

I'll start making designs for our tee shirts, caps, and buttons. We'll also need a secret handshake.
I want in on this club! I think after I finish the Star Ocean series I'll be hitting up the Tales games.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6853 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:30 am »

I'll start making designs for our tee shirts, caps, and buttons. We'll also need a secret HANDshake.

Litigation time! >:( :o >:( :o

You're pre-emptively discriminating against me & denying me a chance of joining :-\ :'(

some of youse is really lucky that I luvs ya's so much  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6854 on: April 16, 2015, 12:28:04 pm »

I'll start making designs for our tee shirts, caps, and buttons. We'll also need a secret HANDshake.

Litigation time! >:( :o >:( :o

You're pre-emptively discriminating against me & denying me a chance of joining :-\ :'(

some of youse is really lucky that I luvs ya's so much  ;)

All are welcome! We can make it a leg shake instead if that helps folks. ^^()