Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664684 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6855 on: April 18, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »
Tales of Hearts R is fantastic. I haven't finished it yet but it's easily among my favorite Vita games now.

I really should go back to it soon! I'm currently focusing on Persona 4 though, I'm real close to the end but that last sequence between the bad and true ending has a lot more story to it than I though it would  :o

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6856 on: April 18, 2015, 01:22:17 pm »
I'm still playing Red Dead Redemption, but I've beaten the main-game and have moved on to the Undead Nightmare expansion.

I'm at a point where I'm having trouble wanting to go on. I've cleared out all the towns and graveyards, and I have completed all the specific missions like taking down the undead deputies in Armadillo and clearing out McFarlane's barn.

All that's left now is gathering flowers for Nigel West Dickens, which REALLY does not sound like fun at all.

Is it worth it to go through that mission? Does it open up Mexico? Because when I tried to go over the bridge to Mexico, it was destroyed.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:45:12 pm by burningdoom »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6857 on: April 18, 2015, 01:25:25 pm »
Decided to 100% gta 5 and do all missions....

Stunt Jumps were making me rage. The lighthouse jump was horrible.... Making me rage. And nearly throwing my controller.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6858 on: April 18, 2015, 02:03:30 pm »
Fanatic isn't a bad thing. I actually think I'm becoming one myself. ;D

I'll start making designs for our tee shirts, caps, and buttons. We'll also need a secret HANDshake.

Litigation time! >:( :o >:( :o

You're pre-emptively discriminating against me & denying me a chance of joining :-\ :'(

some of youse is really lucky that I luvs ya's so much  ;)

All are welcome! We can make it a shake my ______ (fill-in-the-blank)  instead if that helps folks. ^^()

:o :P ;) 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #6859 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »
So I inherited an Atari 1200XL with a intermittently working power jack. Not a hard fix, just needed to reflow the solder on the jack. It took about 5 mins, then I went to plug it in. Nothing. I spent the next hour and a half trying to figure out what I did wrong. I was getting pissed and then I realized I was using the wrong damn power supply. It fired right up.
/facepalm
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6860 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:50 am »
So I inherited an Atari 1200XL with a intermittently working power jack. Not a hard fix, just needed to reflow the solder on the jack. It took about 5 mins, then I went to plug it in. Nothing. I spent the next hour and a half trying to figure out what I did wrong. I was getting pissed and then I realized I was using the wrong damn power supply. It fired right up.
/facepalm

Be glad you didnt fry it. Ive read you can fry stuff if you use the wrong power supply.... but good deal

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #6861 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:03 am »
That's the thing about Atari computer power supplies. They all look the same. I was trying to use the one for the 1027 printer instead of the correct one. Only difference is that it doesn't put out enough voltage. Anyway, anyone want to buy a refurbished 1200XL?   :)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

kashell

« Reply #6862 on: April 19, 2015, 01:05:36 pm »
Happy Sunday, everyone!

I...think I'm going to leave the forum that inspired this topic on GameFAQs. I'd still be an active member, write reviews, etc. but I'm sick and tired of the non-stop nitpicking and arguing that goes on there. I have such a history with that board, though. I've been an active poster there since 2005. I made some great friends and greater memories. But, I'm pretty sure Disgaeniac will tell you that the place is 180 degrees from what it used to be. Actually, VGC is the site I check out more and I'm enjoying getting to know everyone each day.

Anyways, cheers to vague yet emotional posts/decisions. ^^() Time to play more Romancing SaGa 3!

bobster

« Reply #6863 on: April 19, 2015, 01:50:08 pm »
Happy Sunday, everyone!

I...think I'm going to leave the forum that inspired this topic on GameFAQs. I'd still be an active member, write reviews, etc. but I'm sick and tired of the non-stop nitpicking and arguing that goes on there. I have such a history with that board, though. I've been an active poster there since 2005. I made some great friends and greater memories. But, I'm pretty sure Disgaeniac will tell you that the place is 180 degrees from what it used to be. Actually, VGC is the site I check out more and I'm enjoying getting to know everyone each day.

Anyways, cheers to vague yet emotional posts/decisions. ^^() Time to play more Romancing SaGa 3!
Awwww we love having you here! That other forums is full of doo doo heads anyways.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6864 on: April 19, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »

I...think I'm going to leave the forum that inspired this topic on GameFAQs. I'd still be an active member, but I'm sick and tired of the non-stop nitpicking and arguing that goes on there. I have such a history with that board, though. I've been an active poster there since 2005. I made some great friends and greater memories. But, I'm pretty sure Disgaeniac?( :o) will tell you that the place is 180 degrees from what it used to be. Actually, VGC is the site I check out more and I'm enjoying getting to know everyone each day.

Yah, you *know* that I *FeeL* you on this one, kash.

As you know - we both had some good years, some good friends, and (the occasional) damned-good discussions, conversations, & debates there.  Hell, we wouldn't even know each other if not for that place  :-\

I pretty much did the exact same thing that you're doing/thinking of doing; it was my go-to place & my 'Home' community...until the place & the community changed/folks that I though that I *knew* - the more, the better, and the longer I got to know (about) them = the more that I'd find out how little and superficially I *really* knew them  :'(

After having been gone from there a few months - I half-heartedly decided to "visit" and check-in there and, nothing that I was seeing or hearing there did anything at all to tempt me back and/or question or regret my decision.

Anyways...you never know:

If such a good place can go so wrong then, conversely, I'll have to believe that - a place that's fallen so much - can also become so good again; someday...maybe.

I bolded your use of "Disgaeniac" because, it doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that - after all the time that you've been around here now - that in your post about leaving there = I think it's the 1st time that you've called me by my screen-name here...instead of my old screen-name from there  ::)

I know - I notice some pretty weird stuff sometimes  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6865 on: April 19, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »
That is the bad thing about most gamer forums. Normally full of trolls, crybabies and so on

This is the only gamer forum I am active on, most others I don't bother signing up for. VGC is the best gamer forum out there IMO

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6866 on: April 19, 2015, 09:35:24 pm »
That is the bad thing about most gamer forums. Normally full of trolls, crybabies and so on

This is the only gamer forum I am active on, most others I don't bother signing up for. VGC is the best gamer forum out there IMO

Yeah!  What he said!

maximo310

« Reply #6867 on: April 19, 2015, 09:40:52 pm »

I second this! This is the best gamer forum compared to the other forums out there, all because of you guys!

abe

« Reply #6868 on: April 19, 2015, 09:47:18 pm »
Tales of Hearts R is fantastic. I haven't finished it yet but it's easily among my favorite Vita games now.

I really should go back to it soon! I'm currently focusing on Persona 4 though, I'm real close to the end but that last sequence between the bad and true ending has a lot more story to it than I though it would  :o

P4G is definitely one of my other top favorite Vita games (I have a lot of favorite Vita games since it's such an awesome system). It may even be my very favorite of all my Vita games. I know what you mean about all of the content towards the end. There's a lot of stuff that can be missed if you're not going for the Golden ending (the true ending + Marie's stuff). As great as Hearts R is, P4G is an awesome game to be distracted by. :)

Thirded. ;D I think y'all are lovely too. <3
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6869 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:13 am »
Found an old VCR to go along with 2 Legend of Zelda VHS tapes at goodwill today. So good day overall! As the world gets more technologically advanced I seem to be going in the other direction... ... So anyone got any old betamax lying around? lol