Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672257 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7215 on: May 26, 2015, 06:37:31 pm »
I think I ran into the ad that someone else might've been mentioning.  Looks like it's coming from something with the watermark "Video Jam." It just played normal ads but had audio and it was giving me problems when I tried to scroll past it (it'd jerk the screen back up to the video when I tried to scroll down past it).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7216 on: May 26, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
Are you guys running ad blocker plus?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #7217 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:04 pm »
I choose not to run it on vgcollect because I want to still support the site in some way if I'm not a pro member.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #7218 on: May 26, 2015, 11:26:01 pm »
On the weekend I stupidly passed on a huge box of old PC games. Still haven't learned a thing in all these years of collecting games. There was a lot of cool looking games in there that I never heard of, mostly Windows 95 and 98 stuff I think. 1 dollar each. I only grabbed Postal.

kashell

« Reply #7219 on: May 27, 2015, 08:03:20 am »
I must be nearing the home stretch in Luminous Arc 2. I can't believe how much content they crammed into the tiny little cart. Aside from getting rid of the full recovery feature upon a level up, I'm thinking Luminous Arc 2 is better than the first.

argyle

« Reply #7220 on: May 27, 2015, 09:22:36 am »
I choose not to run it on vgcollect because I want to still support the site in some way if I'm not a pro member.

This. I haven't seen that ad pop back up since I re-disabled mine, so either I've been lucky or it's gone. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #7221 on: May 27, 2015, 09:25:19 am »
Video from the Master system forum Im on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx1TFTQG1WY

kashell

« Reply #7222 on: May 27, 2015, 10:02:52 am »

This. I haven't seen that ad pop back up since I re-disabled mine, so either I've been lucky or it's gone. ;)

I'm a technology dunce, so someone will have to inform me. ^^() Is adblock bad? I always thought it was a convenient tool.

argyle

« Reply #7223 on: May 27, 2015, 10:52:07 am »

I'm a technology dunce, so someone will have to inform me. ^^() Is adblock bad? I always thought it was a convenient tool.

If the ad doesn't load then the site owner doesn't get paid for it. I use it on most other sites, but for small sites I use often like VGC I like to turn it off to help support the site.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7224 on: May 27, 2015, 11:57:07 am »

If the ad doesn't load then the site owner doesn't get paid for it. I use it on most other sites, but for small sites I use often like VGC I like to turn it off to help support the site.
Makes sense

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #7225 on: May 27, 2015, 12:55:50 pm »
On the weekend I stupidly passed on a huge box of old PC games. Still haven't learned a thing in all these years of collecting games. There was a lot of cool looking games in there that I never heard of, mostly Windows 95 and 98 stuff I think. 1 dollar each. I only grabbed Postal.

kashell

« Reply #7226 on: May 28, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
One thing I like about this website is that it's simple design is effective and doesn't need a makeover. Conversely, GameFAQs.com really f*cked up this time with their new look. It's awful. It's bad enough the forum that allowed me to get to know dark is now full of obnoxious trolls, but now all of the message boards I frequent are a visual disaster. It's like they want to alienate the contributors that make the site so impactful to the gaming community. The majority of the guides, walkthroughs, cheat codes, reviews, etc. are from regular folks.

*sigh* I sent them some feedback, but I doubt they will listen. The majority of the people in charge/admins on that website are scum.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7227 on: May 28, 2015, 09:02:58 am »
By far, what  I like the most about this website is dark

luv ya, too ;D

Are the 2 L.A. games 'related'?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #7228 on: May 28, 2015, 09:07:35 am »
<3 Exactly!

Certain characters from the first game make a couple of cameos, but otherwise they are unrelated and can be played in any order.

That said, Luminous Arc is a little easier than Luminous Arc 2. I'm really bummed that we never got Luminous Arc 3: Eyes. It looks like lots of fun.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7229 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:33 am »
One thing I like about this website is that it's simple design is effective and doesn't need a makeover. Conversely, GameFAQs.com really f*cked up this time with their new look. It's awful. It's bad enough the forum that allowed me to get to know dark is now full of obnoxious trolls, but now all of the message boards I frequent are a visual disaster. It's like they want to alienate the contributors that make the site so impactful to the gaming community. The majority of the guides, walkthroughs, cheat codes, reviews, etc. are from regular folks.

*sigh* I sent them some feedback, but I doubt they will listen. The majority of the people in charge/admins on that website are scum.

I hate when websites update their look. don't fix what isn't broken.

1049-2600-8730