Author Topic: "Top" collections per platform/overall  (Read 2001 times)

dryfter

"Top" collections per platform/overall
« on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:24 am »
I'm sure this has been suggested before but I couldn't find a thread (and I'm a bit new here).

It might be nice to have a "Top Collections" area that ranks collections by number of games.  It could be done by platform as well.  It's always a little more fun (at least imo) when things are little more competitive. :)

Thanks!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: "Top" collections per platform/overall
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:34:48 am »
I'm sure this has been suggested before but I couldn't find a thread (and I'm a bit new here).

It might be nice to have a "Top Collections" area that ranks collections by number of games.  It could be done by platform as well.  It's always a little more fun (at least imo) when things are little more competitive. :)

Thanks!

Sounds fun!

And, Welcome to the site :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »
Welcome!

I agree.  It would be cool to compare edits and submissions too.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:47:09 am »
I would like something along these lines as well....  I have found in the past that some of my favorite little gems came from perusing another collector's library....  Often times I notice their taste matches mine and then check out titles that are unfamiliar to me that they have....  I feel like I could strike gold on a site like this that way....

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:45:05 am »
I would like something along these lines as well....  I have found in the past that some of my favorite little gems came from perusing another collector's library....  Often times I notice their taste matches mine and then check out titles that are unfamiliar to me that they have....  I feel like I could strike gold on a site like this that way....

Ditto this :P

Also, Welcome to the site!!!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 12:20:50 am »

Ditto this :P

Also, Welcome to the site!!!

Thanks~!  I'm pretty interested in this project and look forward to helping the site expand while finally utilizing a real method to track my collection....  That being said, I'll probably takes weeks to actually get everything on here....  I believe I have managed all my PS2 and Master System so far, but my stuff is all over the place....  I'm hoping that recording all this will help me get organized as well....  I already found 7 doubles I did not know I had, lol....

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 12:36:42 am »
Thanks~!  I'm pretty interested in this project and look forward to helping the site expand while finally utilizing a real method to track my collection....  That being said, I'll probably takes weeks to actually get everything on here....  I believe I have managed all my PS2 and Master System so far, but my stuff is all over the place....  I'm hoping that recording all this will help me get organized as well....  I already found 7 doubles I did not know I had, lol....
Welcome to the site! I know it took me about 4 or 5 weeks to enter all of my collection and I'm ashamed to say that I still find something every once in a while that I have missed.

I think it would be cool to see how my collections rank against other members too.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »
It would be preety cool. I'm all for it, not that I would rank anywhere.maybe I would be somewhere when it comes to vectrex games.

scott

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »
Ya it could be pretty awesome, I'm not sure I'd at the top of anything. But I do have a fairly sizeable Saturn collection.... but I think a few other folks have much more than me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

dryfter

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »
Pretty sure I'd be near the top of the Intellivision list on the site :).  Possibly the Turbografx 16 as well...

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:22 pm »
I AM THE STEAM AND PC DIGITAL CHAMPION and that just makes me feel sad.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:13:02 am »
Just looking at the last few posters I can most definitely see how this would be of benefit....  I, for example, do not care about digital platforms at all personally but am an avid fan of any Turbo releases....  As such, following "foxhack" on a top list may do me little, yet "dryfter" may prove quite beneficial....  I truly hope too seem more movement in this area now....  I think many users may be able to adjust their particular niche and absorb the site's resource more thoroughly....