Author Topic: Another copy of Air Raid ...  (Read 4866 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Another copy of Air Raid ...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »
I don't think this is fake at all.

Not sure who/which post you were responding to there...

At any rate, personally, I got the feeling/impression (and said so in my post) that it seemed (to Me); like it was a *very* obviously "staged" thing.
However, in calling it "staged", I wasn't thinking, suggesting, and/or trying to imply that it was necessarily "Fake".

I did *not* get the feeling/impression that there was anything fraudulent, under-handed, and/or mis-leading going on there, *BUT*, I most certainly DID feel that they knew (before they ever started recording anything) which games they would find & where they would find them.

Is there anything *wrong* with them planning, recording, and sharing this?
IMHO, absolutely not.
Again, "staged" /=/ "fake".

- Just wanted to clear that up :)

Too many f*@king haters in this world. That's what takes fun out of game collecting sometimes for me is everyone doubting validity of something, hating on someone for having something they don't, people getting upset when they aren't the one's finding awesome deals....it's all pretty distracting from the core of why I started the hobby to be honest. If you're only in this to have bragging rights or be "the guy who gets all the good deals", you might want to re-evaluate your actual interest in this hobby

You know...I kind of agree w/ you here.

...But...I really don't think that (at least out of the regular & active community members that I've met here); that any of us here would fit into that 'category'/'type' of person that you're describing  ;D

I collect games because I like to play games. Hell, I quit posting in the "recently added to collection" thread because it started to just be a center for bragging rights from what I could tell. But hey, then again, maybe I'm crazy  :P

I agree w/ you here, also.

I started collecting (and continue collecting) games because I like playing 'em  ;)

I also agree w/ Scott that you may be confusing/mis-interpreting some excitement & enthusiasm for "bragging & showing-off", simply because I know my own reasons/motivations for posting in that thread have nothing in the least to do w/ impressing anyone, bragging, or showing-off...nor do I get that vibe from the other members posting there.

I don't think that you "need to re-evaluate your hobby/collecting/playing games and/or why you do & don't do them"...but...I really think that you should not let what others do/feel and their reasons for doing & saying the things that they do *AFFECT* you in such a powerful, negative, and angry way  8)

Like you said, it's about playing, collecting, and having fun.

It's an enjoyable hobby of ours.

Please don't let anything that anyone else says or does detract from *YOUR* own personal fun and enjoyment that you derive from playing/collecting games!

To Hell with 'em  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »
Resellers sicken me enough already, but this is making my blood boil. Why do they only want to turn a filthy profit? Why the fuck are they treating the boxes so roughly? How is the father okay with all this?

Oh, and since we're discussing the "recently adding to collection" thread, I think that it's totally okay to brag, as long as you aren't obnoxious about it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:03:07 pm by exonerator »

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48:06 am »
My dad has a box full of Atari games in his basement, but I'm not going to raid it. I must be the only person who believes in personal space.

darko

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »
But hey, then again, maybe I'm crazy  :P

A more accurate statement has never once been uttered on the face of this planet.

pacpix

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 05:19:53 pm »
After reading this entire thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/204249-10-17-2012-found-air-raid-with-original-box/
I believe the dad was video taping, and I think it was more of excitement than greed when they were going through the boxes.  They seemed to be really nice people when they posted.  Also they found the MANUAL, which has the address for Men-A-Vision on it!  A lot of people were researching stuff in the thread and I feel like the mystery of Air Raid is almost solved.  I really suggest you guys read the thread, a lot of very interesting stuff and an explanation on how the owner got his copy

Auction:
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000687017

What is really crazy is a third boxed copy showed up on Ebay! :o
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Air-Raid-Game-Original-Box-Extremely-RARE-/281011192303?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D3068051825982216834%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D281011192303%26
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »
The GameGavel auction is ending in under ten minutes: http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000687017
The eBay copy sold for $13,988.89
The first boxed copy found sold for around $30000

I'm interested to see how this turns out.  You guys really need to read the thread btw.  It is possible that the company may have been drug dealers and used a toy shop as a cover.  :o

pacpix

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »
$33,433.30! :o

scott

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 10:55:15 pm »

Man, I'd like to know who has that kinda money to drop on a single game. That's like half of what my sister bought her house for...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 11:17:25 pm »
I watched the last 5 seconds. I couldnt believe it went for that much. Its not even a good game! :P

jcalder8

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 12:30:55 am »

Man, I'd like to know who has that kinda money to drop on a single game. That's like half of what my sister bought her house for...
I bought it, I happened to find the money in a spare pair of jeans..... lol

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 05:08:55 pm »
Ewwwww... That price is kinda obscenely gross. But hey, the buyer was probably a tradesman who makes $200K a year or more.

foxhack

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:10 pm »
... or a troll who drove up the price.