Author Topic: November 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 21975 times)

darko

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:40:13 pm by darko »

foxhack

Re: November 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »
Make yourself useful and help the site improve then. :P

scott

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:13 pm »
Just recieved this sweet Castlevania poster in the mail thanks to GameStop rewards points. Now I need to find a frame for it... it's kinda an oddball size.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
Make yourself useful and help the site improve then. :P

Ha. Well, I'm now 29...so I've been out of the programming game for a long time.

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:26 pm »
Just recieved this sweet Castlevania poster in the mail thanks to GameStop rewards points. Now I need to find a frame for it... it's kinda an oddball size.

Pretty sweet!

I perused my local GS today to hopefully find something for the B2G1 deal they have going on for the holidays but didn't really find anything.  I saw they still had a stack of last month's multi-cover Game Informer, so I asked if the manager if they'd be willing to give the Ni No Kuni one to me since my subscriber cover had something different on it.  Easy enough score.

At least I didn't leave empty-handed!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
I perused my local GS today to hopefully find something for the B2G1 deal they have going on for the holidays but didn't really find anything.  I saw they still had a stack of last month's multi-cover Game Informer, so I asked if the manager if they'd be willing to give the Ni No Kuni one to me since my subscriber cover had something different on it.  Easy enough score.

Told ya! :)

foxhack

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »
Well...

I just used a 50% off coupon to buy Legend of Grimrock for a bit less than four bucks, and I also got the Dungeons of Dredmor expansion I was missing. Total was $4.48.

I think that's all I'm getting this Steam sale.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:54:16 pm by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »

Told ya! :)

Yeah, I don't think I would've asked for it for free had you not said that you were able to do it :) I'm just not a haggler by nature, and I hate to ask for things...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
Woohoo, I just traded a Prey CD key for The Basement Collection, Bullet Candy, EYE Divine Cybermancy and Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre.

jobocan

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »
Got a Vita game 0_o

Persona 4, of course.

scott

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2012, 09:51:36 am »
Just snagged a copy of Persona 4 Arena for 360 for $30 off, brand new, thanks to Black Friday deals!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2012, 01:57:36 pm »
I'll probably get up off of my ass & go do a bit of "Black Friday" browsing/shopping & looking around in a bit.

During the ~3 weeks that I couldn't access the Internet at all, I did still manage to hit-up a few gaming stores (1 or 2 of them that weren't "regulars" for me).

I'll list (what I remember) of the things that I bought while I was 'gone' in a minute...

First, I just want to say that, the "best" of my finds here ("best" being *relative* here - no extremely rare/valuable games for a buck or 2, or anything like that); at a pawnshop/"Quick-Cash" type of store that I'd been to several times before.

I guess that I bought a total of ~10 items here this time -BUT- only 2 or 3 of them were visible/displayed anywhere on the floor and/or in any of their display cases  ???

I'm not really sure *why* I hadn't thought of doing this before, but, for the hell of it - I asked the manager if they had any *Other* video games for sale that *Weren't* Visible to me/from the floor...I was expecting a "No, everything that we have is already out" -or- maybe a "Well, maybe a few that just came-in that haven't been 'processed' yet".

Instead, to my gleeful surprise, he answered:

"Well, actually...we DO"!
"They're a little more expensive than most of what's on the floor, but, we also sell games on-line; and there's probably 100 or so in the back"  ::)

At any rate, he then invited me behind the counter (to give me a view of his computer screen) & asked me to give him some system names & genres to sort by.
Like I said, iirc, ~7 out of the 10 things that I walked out with were things that I only knew about from looking at the screen w/ him.  This also gave me the other (*Unheard* of) advantage of not only seeing the "Secret"/"Invisible"/"Bonus Content" inventory listed on his screen...but...by looking closely & quickly enough - I was also able to see how much *they* paid for the game(s) in question.

Quick example:

A PS2 copy of Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land for the PS2 (Mint/Missing only the manual).
As some of you may know, this is a pretty hard-to-find one for the PS2.

Instead of simply asking him "how much is it" - I instead asked:
"Huh.  I see you got this game for $4.99; so, I suppose that you'll sell it to me for, say, *Double* that, right"?
- (He did *AND* ended up also giving me a 10% discount on my total)!!!

Not only would I have paid well over $10 for it, but, I'm sure that if I hadn't seen/didn't know how much it cost them, that he would have happily, w/o a 2nd thought, *charged* me much more than that  ;)

Just taking the time to type all of this to let the rest of ya' know that this may be worth trying at some of your local stores, too :P

Anyway, off of the top of my head, some of the things that I remember buying those weeks are:

1).  XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3/NA),
2).  F.E.A.R. 2 (PS3/NA),
3).  F.E.A.R. 3 (PS3/NA),
4).  Rise of the Argonauts (PS3/NA),
5).  Golden Axe: Beast Rider (PS3/NA),
6).  Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP/NA),
7).  Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land (PS2/NA),
8.   The Legend of A'Lon Dar (PS2/NA),
9).  Grand Theft Auto 2 (PSX/NA),
10).  Disney's Atlantis (PSX/NA),
11).  Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS/NA), and
12).  "                                 " Strategy Guide.

I feel like I'm forgetting some, but, oh well...that pretty much catches-me-up for the last couple of weeks :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »
Ehh...*Fuck* all of those lines & mobs of people!!!

Came home w/ one new game...the pS3-version of the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

I've added the rest of the "missing fields" that weren't filled-in the the game's description -but- I noticed that the pics are still "RP" (pre-release) ones...if someone/anyone would be so kind as to add the correct & updated pic for this game (the Non-Collector's Edition-Version)...I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Thanx!

pacpix

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter