Author Topic: E3 2011  (Read 2097 times)

matt

E3 2011
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:04:47 pm »
It's that time of the year again. Here is the schedule of major press events:

jobocan

Re: E3 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:12:16 am »
Yay, E3!
Sucks that I'm at work, the only conference I'll see live is Sony's (I'll be checking out liveblogs for the rest, and recordings when I get back home).

Not expecting much out of MS this year, beyond more Kinect games that will fail, a couple exclusives and that new rumored TV service thing on Live. Probably won't be very interesting, but you never know.
Sony... there's gonna be info about the NGP (name, price, probably lulz), a bunch of exclusive stuff, new Move stuff and maybe something new on the PSN. Oh, and Kevin Butler because people LOVE that guy for some reason... Nothing overly exciting, unless they have some really interesting exclusives to announce, but probably won't be a bad conference.
I think all eyes are on Nintendo this year, because of the new console, which will be fully detailed here probably. And I'm hoping for some really cool games being announced too  (for 3DS and, depending on the new console's release date, also Wii)... Personally I'm hoping for a Star Tropics reboot... but I know that's never happening. Anyways, it should be interesting to watch.

I don't think Sony and MS should be announcing new consoles this year, I still think the 360 and PS3 have a lot of life left, especially considering nothing has come close to showing their full power yet (that and they're waiting to see what Nintendo is gonna do so they can copy it next generation). I feel Nintendo is the only console manufacturer right now with the proper timing to reveal a new console.

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »
I'm streaming it at work. Kinda makes me sad that I'm not there this year. :(

Xbox conference is starting now!

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:25:44 pm »
The Microsoft conference was... rather weak. Though I only say that as someone who liveblogged it, I'll watch a recording if one is available tonight. 4 new Halo games(HD remake of the first, and a new Halo trilogy starting with Halo 4) must be pretty exciting for some people... but not me.
Otherwise it seemed to be filled with pointless Kinect stuff (you can speak your choices in ME3 instead of pressing a button!!!... how useless), subpar Kinect games and a rather pointless TV feature. Not really much of interest was shown that we didn't know about beforehand (especially since it was all leaked about an hour before the conference).

EA has their conference soon, I'll be checking a liveblog for that, not expecting greatness... And I'll be driving back home during the Ubisoft conference, though I don't really care about that one (unless they show off some Rayman Origin gameplay).

scott

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »
I'm interested about the Ubi conference. Of course I'm a super Assassin's Creed geek.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:44 pm »
The only one that interests me is Nintendo.  Unfortunately, I'll be on my route by then.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com