Author Topic: Save your Change, Folks  (Read 13310 times)

soera

Re: Save your Change, Folks
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:55 am »
Considering the item Im wanting to buy is around $90, I only need to save for another 12 months :o

scott

« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:37 am »
True.

I guess it all depends on how much cash you use. I use cash as much as possible and I rarely use change, which is why I build up change as fast as  I do.

Also, 2 days!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2013, 07:01:25 pm »
When we started this I started carrying cash everyday. I use folding money and save the change. It should have been a lot more, and it will be October 20th.

jcalder8

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2013, 08:58:35 pm »
For me even if I did use paper money I would need to use the change to live on but living in Canada we also have a 1 and 2 dollar coin so you start missing out on a lot of money pretty quickly if you save all your change.

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:09 pm »
For me even if I did use paper money I would need to use the change to live on but living in Canada we also have a 1 and 2 dollar coin so you start missing out on a lot of money pretty quickly if you save all your change.

I mentioned a similar thing to Scott after my Japan trip.  Their bills start at the 1000 yen (approx. 10 USD) and anything less than that is in coin form.  So a pocket of a few coins to them could easily be about $15-20 in USD.  Would be hard to not use up those coins!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »
Couldn't stop myself.  I blew my wad... of change. Change bucket is empty, but I have a prize that i got a pretty ok price on. Pictures to come on Saturday. It should be here by then.

scott

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2013, 12:24:51 am »
Yup I already made my purchases too. But will be counting the grand total tomorrow night, since I'll be moving all weekend. Then its off to the bank on Monday to deposit it and cover my purchases.

soera

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2013, 12:47:02 am »
Ive decided what Im actually going to use the money on ... but the total isnt going to change between when I counted it last night and Saturday's reveal day.

Here is my focus : http://vgcollect.com/item/5807 - found a guy willing to hold a copy for me till I get the money he wants for it. Wife just started a new job making tips and she really wants this game so her tip money + my saved change is going to go together for a bit.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:01 am »
Today's the day. We all get to show what we bought. Me first!
I ended up with right at 100 bones of change.  I blew it all in one purchase.
I got a pretty good price on it. I had to put another $15 with my total, but it was worth it. I never would have spent this amount without having the free money of saving change. Whoever came up with this idea is a genius.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:01:20 am by turf »

scott

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2013, 10:25:53 am »
Nice! congrats!

I haven't had a chance to count my total, since my plan for last night got completely upended. And we are going to start moving after work.

But, I did get the last thing I had ordered w/ the change money. And I'll take some pics and try to post a total tonight.

soera

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »
Turf thats awesome you picked the exact same item I did. :D My grand total was around just a couple cents over $30 ... so we are adding that to the wife's tip jar till we get RR2 ... after that, who knows!

scott

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2013, 12:43:24 pm »
I haven't been able to count my change yet. But here is what I ended up getting with it. I knew I had over $165. And I should have nearly $180 if my estimate is correct.

These give me all the Doors albums in vinyl. Including 2 Greatest Hits and 2 Live albums. I'm going to hang them all in my living room.

jcalder8

« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »
I haven't been able to count my change yet. But here is what I ended up getting with it. I knew I had over $165. And I should have nearly $180 if my estimate is correct.

These give me all the Doors albums in vinyl. Including 2 Greatest Hits and 2 Live albums. I'm going to hang them all in my living room.

Those look great Scott!

desocietas

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »
Haha I finally found a working Coinstar tower and had it count it up for me this morning. $17.39!  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2013, 04:42:42 pm »
Just think ... we could pair our change up and it wouldnt even be half of what Turf or Scott ended up with. :P