Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is...  (Read 7052 times)

darko

All I want for Christmas is...
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:17:43 am »
I think I've finally hit the wall where I have nothing I really want for Christmas. I pretty much just buy all of the little things here and there that I want throughout the year. My parents asked me over Thanksgiving to give them some ideas and I literally can't think of anything!

I happen to know that I am getting a Super Everdrive, which will be a welcome addition to my collection. Other than that, I'm at a total loss.

How about everyone here? What are you hoping/asking for?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: All I want for Christmas is...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:25 am »
I'm not yet really sure what (if anything) I'll be asking for and/or getting.

A suggestion for a good gift for someone like you, however, (pretty much buying what you want throughout the year); would seem to be something as simple as an Amazon/E-bay gift-certificate / gift-card...

...You'll always be able to find a use for that, at some point!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

darko

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 11:45:29 am »
I'm not yet really sure what (if anything) I'll be asking for and/or getting.

A suggestion for a good gift for someone like you, however, (pretty much buying what you want throughout the year); would seem to be something as simple as an Amazon/E-bay gift-certificate / gift-card...

...You'll always be able to find a use for that, at some point!

Yeah, that's pretty much how my family handles Birthdays. We have an unspoken rule that there are no gift cards given for Christmas. I'm the good shopper in my who always finds everything everyone wants (not like it takes that much effort). Amazon is already shipping over 50% of my gift purchases this season :)

soera

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »
Hrmm. Im not sure what I want for Christmas. Probably for my kids to have a good holiday.

Although if I was to get a little selfish and actually ask for a personal item, it would be this : http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/index.html

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:28:53 pm »
Hrmm. Im not sure what I want for Christmas. Probably for my kids to have a good holiday.

Although if I was to get a little selfish and actually ask for a personal item, it would be this : http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/index.html

While I have no idea what that costs (I *DID* see a $25,000 Sony 3-D, "Super" HDTV) in the latest issue of Game Informer (in their "gift ideas/suggestions") spread  :o

...BUT...

Maybe you'd be better off just asking for Tronne Bonne & Suikoden II XD  ;)

btw - regarding Tronne Bonne & Suikoden II...are you (only) looking for a straight-up trade...or, would you also be interested in buying the games?

I ask because I *may* be able to get you in touch w/ people from another site/board/forum that may be looking to sell them...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

byron

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 12:37:54 pm »
Santa baby, a TG-16 CD for me,
CIB.
I'll wait up for you dear,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

scott

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »
A new iPod Classic 160gb. My gen 5 iPod is starting to go into death throws and its only a matter of time before it dies completely. Plus at that much space I'll have room to spare after dropping all of my music onto it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »

While I have no idea what that costs (I *DID* see a $25,000 Sony 3-D, "Super" HDTV) in the latest issue of Game Informer (in their "gift ideas/suggestions") spread  :o

Here is one at Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+3D+Display+Bundle/2891051.p;jsessionid=94D756C7B863103D742A1DEE342AF231.bbolsp-app01-77?id=1218360683860&skuId=2891051&st=3d display&cp=1&lp=1

darko

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:01 pm »
While I generally feel that 3D is a total waste of time, that's not a bad price at all!

scott

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 01:10:10 pm »
And that's why its sold out.  :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 02:05:46 pm »
If anyone's shopping for me, I would love to have a Big Box Gyromite or complete Stack-Up.  A Neo Geo would be pretty sweet too. 
My wife says she has something that will blow my mind. I don't know.  It's going to have to be pretty awesome.  She's built it up a lot.

htimreimer

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:33:19 pm »
 I want a new soldering iron for christmas and say new because we do have a soldering iron and its from my grampa but it old,big and probably not safe to use
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:35:28 pm by htimreimer »

soera

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »
My wife says she has something that will blow my mind.

I cant wait to hear those words from my wife.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »
My wife says she has something that will blow my mind.

I cant wait to hear those words from my wife.

I may just be dumb and it has nothing to do with games.  ;)

soera

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 07:29:34 am »
It very well could!  8)