Author Topic: "Wii Mini":  (Read 4233 times)

pacpix

Re: "Wii Mini":
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »
They already came out with something similar last year:

It dropped GC support, but I think it still could be connected to internet.
I don't see the point of releasing a third model.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »
I didn't know that part (about it being exclusive to Canada).  I wonder why the decision for "Canada only"???
Considering Canucks have throttled internet, this is for their own good. :P
Only Rogers, Shaw, Telus, and some private province-based ISPs throttle. People like me that use Eastlink are getting 20-30mb/s at like, $15/month.

Anyways, I like the design, and I'll pick it up when it costs $50-70.

foxhack

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 11:20:33 pm »
I didn't know that part (about it being exclusive to Canada).  I wonder why the decision for "Canada only"???
Considering Canucks have throttled internet, this is for their own good. :P
Only Rogers, Shaw, Telus, and some private province-based ISPs throttle. People like me that use Eastlink are getting 20-30mb/s at like, $15/month.

Anyways, I like the design, and I'll pick it up when it costs $50-70.
I said throttled. I meant metered.

scott

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 08:45:48 am »
Keep in mine Canadian is his 3rd language, eh.  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:03 am »
Keep in mine Canadian is his 3rd language, eh.  ;)

Take off, you hoser; eh - I think he's been nipping at some of that "Strange Brew" :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

thecollector0o7

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:11 am »
Damn Nintendo they know I collect systems I swear they do >_> three systems in one year is hard on the pocket but I cant complain because finally Canada got something ;P

fiveforfightng

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 04:57:32 pm »
Well, it's starting at $100 CAD? Ok, so that's about $82 USD.

Actually I feel the need to correct that :P
Currently both American and Canadian dollars are worth roughly the same, so that's $100.79 USD at the moment.

Oh, I believe you are correct. My cell phone decided to tell me otherwise. Thank you. But, I believe my argument still stands. Why pay $100 for a Wii with no internet, when you can pay like $60 for a Wii with internet?
Now Playing: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

thecollector0o7

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 10:47:46 am »
Just got my wii mini :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 10:54:58 am »
Just got my wii mini :D

Thoughts...impressions??
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

thecollector0o7

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 11:13:49 am »
Its very cheap feeling. When you open the disk tray it feels like a ps2 slim. Very light weight and it has the same plastic feel of the ps2 slim. :P its not worth the buy unless your going to keep it factory sealed like my second one and keep it for collection. if not dont get it :P

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 05:08:05 pm »
I agree with @fiveforfightng, seems like a waste when there are stacks of Wiis at all the local game stores for $60~.  Why pay more for less?  @thecollector0o7 collects systems so that makes sense, but if you just want to play games save teh monies!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:11:25 pm by varkias »

thecollector0o7

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:48 pm »
I agree with @fiveforfightng, seems like a waste when there are stacks of Wiis at all the local game stores for $60~.  Why pay more for less?  @thecollector0o7 collects systems so that makes sense, but if you just want to play games save teh monies!

Its true, as I said before its a really cheap system and really not worth the buy unless you collect. If not stay away because its honestly not worth the money, but Nintendo knows theres people like me out there so the grab me for every dollar I have >_>

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 11:01:14 pm »
It's great for the gamer that can't afford the latest and greatest consoles but still want to game. This is the exact market they're going for with the Wii Mini, I'd imagine. It worked well for many years with the Atari 2600, NES, Genesis, and PS1. They all got late-life models released for a cheaper price-point, it made those companies money, and it allowed the less-fortunate gamers to get a more modern console.