Author Topic: This game SUCKS!  (Read 8331 times)

Re: This game SUCKS!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:14 pm »
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:14:16 pm by mkarasch »

htimreimer

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:44 am »
for me it has to be a game called nam,its a "military simulator" from 1998 based on the build engine and developed by company that had only made two games
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:21:03 am by htimreimer »

godnightshade

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 08:52:42 am »
I don't recall Dr. Chaos being horrible. I shall pop it in and try.

EDIT: It's not terrible. I remember not understanding how to get ahead when I was young, except by accident. I figured it out this time and it's difficult, but not bad.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:14:41 am by godnightshade »

scott

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »
Fester's Quest!

I played this game a lot when I was a kid, but it's really pretty bad. I still like playing it on occasion though, but have never gotten very far.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

anton

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 08:01:22 am »

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 09:01:24 pm »
I don't recall Dr. Chaos being horrible. I shall pop it in and try.

EDIT: It's not terrible. I remember not understanding how to get ahead when I was young, except by accident. I figured it out this time and it's difficult, but not bad.

Way to pick on young me.  JERK!   :P

I remember having absolutely no direction, and not knowing what was going on.  It has the distinction of being the first and last game that I ever purchased based on Box art.

EDIT:  Check that, I did it one other time, with similar results.

godnightshade

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 05:10:38 pm »
Fester's Quest!

I played this game a lot when I was a kid, but it's really pretty bad. I still like playing it on occasion though, but have never gotten very far.

I beat Fester's Quest a couple years ago. It should have been so good playing like Blaster Master, but it was sooooo bad. I'm mad that I spent the time to beat it.

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »
i could see the south park rpg being good, there just gonna have to come up with fun and funny stuff.... all there games are super repetitive. two of there games are just strictly about throwing snow balls.... but i hope it is fun atleast..
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:33 pm »
Fester's Quest!

lol when i first started my collection i went and bought fester's quest and Ghosts 'n Goblins..... i expected to get on there and atleast get kinda far... well i was wrong little did i know that there super hard...
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

jobocan

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »
Fester's Quest!

lol when i first started my collection i went and bought fester's quest and Ghosts 'n Goblins..... i expected to get on there and atleast get kinda far... well i was wrong little did i know that there super hard...

Difference being that GnG is a very well-designed fun game, while Fester's Quest has a lot of very questionable gameplay elements. I actually don't hate Fester's Quest, but it's a lot worse than it should be... Sunsoft knew better at the time (just look at Blaster Master), it was odd for them to release such a badly-designed game.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 09:30:54 am »
i could see the south park rpg being good, there just gonna have to come up with fun and funny stuff.... all there games are super repetitive. two of there games are just strictly about throwing snow balls.... but i hope it is fun atleast..

And thus, I'll continue to remain "cautiously optimistic" about this game...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ko1ru

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, 10:42:50 am »
I definitely have to agree with Unlimited SaGa.  I made a list of my top ten worst games ever a while back (I'll have to dig it up), and Unlimited SaGa was unquestionably number one.  I've never given up on a game within the first 15 minutes of playing it, this game being the only exception.  Shame is, it's the only SaGa game I've ever played...   :-\

foxhack

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »
Fighting Force.

I'm going through my backlog and I popped this game in my PS2. I get through the first stage, I think, this is awesome. Then I make it to stage two and lose to the second boss (the truck driver) in ten seconds. What's the use of a beat'em up where your attacks don't stun the enemies? And they can hit you and stun you right away? Argh. I'm tossing this into the trade pile.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2012, 09:19:17 pm »
Conan for NES. The game is a monstrosity and is broken in every sense of the word. I'm still angry 20 years later for being pulled in by the awesome artwork and the promise of Conan-style skull crushing.

The graphics are horrible, even by NES standards. And what's sad about that, is that the game was released in 1991, the same year as the Super Nintendo, so it should have been a great looking game since the NES had showed us all it's tricks by then. The enemies spawn randomly, and when I say randomly, I mean anywhere on the screen is fair game, at any time. So you could be in the middle of jump, and and enemy will spawn in front of you, which happens pretty often actualyl, and when it happens you suddenly plummet straight downwards like a falling rock to a fiery death below. And the controls, stiff as a corpse.