Author Topic: Question about The Last Story (Wii)  (Read 2202 times)

darko

Question about The Last Story (Wii)
« on: November 29, 2012, 11:32:30 am »
Was this game only released as a Limited/Collectors edition in the US? I'm wanting to pick it up and I'm having trouble distinguishing if the following is going to come in the nifty case with the soundtrack: http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Story-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B007CSF3GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354206304&sr=8-1&keywords=last+story

thecollector0o7

Re: Question about The Last Story (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 11:48:06 am »
im not to sure but that is not the pic of the collectors edition, the book case looks different ill post a picture later of it

darko

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:52:46 am »
I've seen the collector's edition case (outer box), but that image seems to be the one that's everywhere but eBay (and the only ones I'm seeing on eBay are the collector's edition for the most part).

Is the cover on the actual game different inside the Collector's Edition?

scott

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:27:54 pm »
Ya it is. I can take a pic of my copy when I get home from work tonight, if you don't find it before then.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:32:22 pm »
Found this. I think its correct, but I'll double check when I get home.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/TheLastStory/TheLastStory_ArtBook.JPG

darko

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:37:45 pm »
I just bought one from someone on Amazon for just under $30.00. I bought one that said it was the first print which included the soundtrack and artbook so I think I'm good to go :)

Thanks guys!

thecollector0o7

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:28:13 pm »
congrats :D

darko

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 01:30:14 pm »
The stupid thing is I'll probably never get around to playing it. I never use my Wii at ALL. Oh well, it's a nice addition. Maybe someday I'll get around to it :)

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
Heh, hey, I preordered it and don't even *own* a Wii...  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »
Nor do you own a Vita. Every time I see your recent pickups in your sig I consider just ordering that Gold Edition of Persona 4. I'm a huge SMT fan...just can't do it without the Vita for some reason.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 01:53:03 pm »
Nor do you own a Vita. Every time I see your recent pickups in your sig I consider just ordering that Gold Edition of Persona 4. I'm a huge SMT fan...just can't do it without the Vita for some reason.

It was hard to resist, esp when Atlus tweeted that GS apparently "sold out" of in-store preorders but had online preorders still available (and they lasted for such a short amount of time on Amazon that I *never* saw it available for preorder there).

Plus, I'd already preordered the watch bundle for Virtue's Last Reward for both Vita and 3DS, so why let the absence of a console stop me... :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »

It was hard to resist, esp when Atlus tweeted that GS apparently "sold out" of in-store preorders but had online preorders still available (and they lasted for such a short amount of time on Amazon that I *never* saw it available for preorder there).

Plus, I'd already preordered the watch bundle for Virtue's Last Reward for both Vita and 3DS, so why let the absence of a console stop me... :P

I don't disagree. I just couldn't do it. There's really zero reason for me to own a Vita at this point in my life so that mixed with my reluctance to buy a game I can't play got in the way!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 02:02:31 pm »
Heh, hey, I preordered it and don't even *own* a Wii...  8)

While I didn't pre-order it...I also bought a copy (and don't currently own a Wii)  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

darko

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 02:03:38 pm »
How's Chrono Trigger treating you?

scott

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »
I really want a copy of P4 Solid Gold ed. And I don't own  vita, yet.