Author Topic: "HD Collections" / "Compilations"?!  (Read 4232 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: "HD Collections" / "Compilations"?!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:36 am »
I agree with many of the posts earlier, Ico/shadow of the colossus is a phenomenal remake, with 3d support added to boot.

I have become a huge fan of compilations. Ever since the ps1 days when I could buy a konami or intellivision compilation.
These days I use them as a way of picking up indie games that I might have missed, or just didnt feel like buying a digital copy of.
Some good ones are
Flow/Journey/Flower for the PS3
trials hd, splosion man, limbo for the 360
and to a lesser extent
Capcom digital collection for the 360

Compilations for digital only games are great! I really need to pick up a copy of Flow/Journey/Flower.

Totally agree!

I already had those 3 games *digitally*, but bought the compilation too.

I *Really* *HATE* when I'm "forced" (meaning there's a game that I want to play badly enough) to buy something w/ only a digital option.

Physical Copies FTW Forever, baby  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 09:30:26 am »
I haven't touched any of these HD collections, but I do like the recent ports of Sega games on XBLA - Virtua Fighter 2, NiGHTS Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, etc - I'm generally very happy with these because the changes are appreciable but not so extreme that you lose the original game (and you can often make them almost exactly like the originals anyway).

The one I'd really like to see is Final Fantasy XII, I think that would look amazing done up <3

scott

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »
I agree. FFXII is already really good looking and would look amazing in HD. People I know give XII crap, but I really liked it... I still need to finish it tho.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »
It seems as though Square could release VII individually and make trucks full o' cash.  It makes me doubt the possibility of a compilation...  Which makes me sad.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:25 am »
I'd like a Shining Force compilation.  And a Tony Hawk compilation.  I was hoping for a real Zelda compilation to tie in with the 25th anniversary celebration, a la Mario and Kirby, but alas.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

theprestige2000

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »
Though I do like what they did w/ the God of War games. All 3 console games, plus the 2 PSP games playable on a console for those who never owned a PSP.

I Bought this.  Great value.  Sucks for anyone who got the other two PS3 compilations though.

sin2beta

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »
I really like HD collections as well:

1) Brings down the price of absurdly expensive retro games.

2) Sometimes they are better. The 360 controller is very similar to a dreamcast controller, but it is better. I really enjoy playing DC games on an xbox.

3) Pumps money into a floundering company (sega) without having to do as many company-damaging sequels (sonic).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 11:14:37 pm »
TOPIC:

A).  Which ones did you like, think were done the best/your favorites, etc?

B).  Which ones did you hate, dislike, and think were the worst?

C).  Which series, games, and/or franchises that haven't yet seen HD re-makes would you most like to see/wish for?

A) I particularly enjoyed the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

B) So far only played MGS collection so i haven't personally played any that would qualify as the worst.

C) Would loved to see an HD re-release of Freedom Fighters that was originally released for the GC/PS2/Gamecube. One of the best games from the previous generation and sadly didn't sell as well as it should have. Granted it was just one title so the chance of a remake/re-release is likely very slim.
That Was Left Handed
-----------------------------
"If the day does not require an AK, it is good"