Author Topic: This game DOESN'T SUCK?!  (Read 5917 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: This game DOESN'T SUCK?!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »
I just picked-up WET for the PS3 a few weeks ago for, like, $4 or $5 - haven't played it any yet, though...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »
Really cool thread idea! For my part, the hamtaro games on gameboy color/advance (Ham-hams Unite! and Ham-ham Heartbreak) are, of course, for children...but I ended up having so much fun playing them. Might just be some guilty pleasure though  :P

Godzilla on good old gameboy was great, too. I first thought it would be another boring movie-style game, but the kind of puzzle-like gameplay is fun. I seem to be in a minority by thinking so, though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:00 pm »
Viking: Battle for Asgard (360) - I picked this up used at GameStop for about $6.99.  There were multiple copies on the shelf, and at first glance I thought it was gonna be a stinker.  I was so wrong!  It's a great action, hack 'n slash game, and took me completely by surprise.  The in-game world is beautiful and the battles are epic.  I found the final boss fight to be incredibly difficult, though, and have yet to finish it for that reason.
The game was recently released for PCs, too, but since it was made by the developers of the Total War series, I thought it'd be a boring strategy game.
Not in the slightest.  You should give it a shot!  Especially since it's now been released for PC (didn't know that BTW).  :)

I loved Viking: Battle For Asgard, as well. And anyone that I've talked to that actually played it seemed to enjoy it, as well. I bought it for under $10 at Gamestop. Best of all there is like no loading times, travelling between areas and going from inside to outside is seamless. Criminally underrated game. However, the combat can get a bit repetitive.

ffxik

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:18 am »
I was going to give some props to Viking: Battle for Asgard but it seems to be getting plenty of love.  Which is a good thing I enjoyed the game a lot.  Crank up some Amon Amarth during the siege battles and lay waste to everything.

I still have to beat it on hard, but it took me better part of 2 hours and an uncountable number of continues to beat the last boss the first  time.  So I'm a little daunted by it.

ko1ru
Don't give up man it can be beaten.  Learning the Valkyries slash? or whatever is pretty much the bread and butter of that fight.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:24:32 am by ffxik »

ko1ru

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:15 am »
I was going to give some props to Viking: Battle for Asgard but it seems to be getting plenty of love.  Which is a good thing I enjoyed the game a lot.  Crank up some Amon Amarth during the siege battles and lay waste to everything.

I still have to beat it on hard, but it took me better part of 2 hours and an uncountable number of continues to beat the last boss the first  time.  So I'm a little daunted by it.

ko1ru
Don't give up man it can be beaten.  Learning the Valkyries slash? or whatever is pretty much the bread and butter of that fight.

Nice!  I'm glad to see others enjoyed the game as much as I did.  You're right, Burningdoom, it's terribly underrated.

And thanks for the encouragement, ffxik.  I'll have to give it another go.  :)

anton

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 11:24:32 am »
I just picked-up WET for the PS3 a few weeks ago for, like, $4 or $5 - haven't played it any yet, though...
Well you can, it's not a long game.
I dont remember for sure, took me around 8hours maybe.
Normal mode is too easy.

foxhack

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:36 pm »
I hope I can pick up a cheap Steam key somewhere, I really want to try that game now. I had my doubts since the devs specialize in historical military simulation games (really awesome ones, but very much not my thing) but hearing that the game is good, I'll grab it sometime.

rachel

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 12:13:37 am »
M. C. Kids!  :P

anton

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 07:25:52 am »

Deadly premonition or Red Seed Profile, heard a lot of bad reviews for this game, a few good review, mostly people said the graphics were PS2 graphics, but who cares about the graphics ? Seriously. Try this game.
It's awesome, great story, music, characters.
If you love twin peaks you gonna love this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hea2h9s6LgU

darko

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 09:54:50 am »

Deadly premonition or Red Seed Profile, heard a lot of bad reviews for this game, a few good review, mostly people said the graphics were PS2 graphics, but who cares about the graphics ? Seriously. Try this game.
It's awesome, great story, music, characters.
If you love twin peaks you gonna love this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hea2h9s6LgU

Indeed!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 10:10:46 am »
Uh...what's Twin Peaks like - *seriously*; I see it mentioned pretty often on-line, but I've never seen it & know nothing about it?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

anton

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 11:26:44 am »
It's one of the best tv show, david lynch's tv serie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNgxzIs0KM

That's for the serie but there's also a movie. I don't recommend you to watch it unless you watched the serie.
You'd be confused.

foxhack

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 11:33:20 am »
The movie spoils the series, so you know.

anton

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 07:32:41 am »
Right and too many characters, might be difficult to understand how they are related etc.

jobocan

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 07:58:40 am »

I see a LOT of people claiming this game sucks, and it seems that the hate is based solely on its cover art. It's kinda understandable just looking at the box AND the title, it looks like just another braindead generic grey-brown FPS... But it's actually really great.

There's actually original weapons, solid and unique gameplay, and it actually has fun with the genre, it's not just "take cover and shoot stuff". I love the scoring system, there's a ton of ways to kill enemies (and half the fun is figuring out all the ways you can kill enemies and what the different killshots are... and how to maximize your score) and the story even manages to be half-decent at parts.

Love this game, I feel it gets undue hate for no reason.