Author Topic: "In Collection" Suggestion  (Read 1281 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

"In Collection" Suggestion
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:45:31 am »
I saw this on GameSpot's collection part of your profile (however they're website is a pain in the butt to use practically for collection purposes).  I just thought it was neat and thought I'd suggest it here:

When you add a game to your collection or wishlist, next to the title listing it shows how many other users have it in their collection and/or wishlist. I just thought it was cool to see how popular or rare a game you have is compared to other users.

matt

Re: "In Collection" Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:47:10 am »
I saw this on GameSpot's collection part of your profile (however they're website is a pain in the butt to use practically for collection purposes).  I just thought it was neat and thought I'd suggest it here:

When you add a game to your collection or wishlist, next to the title listing it shows how many other users have it in their collection and/or wishlist. I just thought it was cool to see how popular or rare a game you have is compared to other users.

I really like this idea. I'll have to run some tests to see if this will slow down our page load speed at all. Look for an update on this one during our next work night, right after Xmas.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:18:39 pm »
Am I missing something here?

Doesn't every game here already have something to click-on to see who else owns/wants/is selling it?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:21:34 pm »
So there is! Sorry, noob mistake. I missed that when I was going through games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 12:25:14 pm »
So there is! Sorry, noob mistake. I missed that when I was going through games.

Shit like that happens to me all of the time...I'm *still* not sure if there's a "Spell-Check" to use here, or not :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »

Doesn't every game here already have something to click-on to see who else owns/wants/is selling it?!

I guess I was thinking of having those stats right on the Browse or Search pages. That way you wouldn't have to click through it to see the info.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:25 pm »

I guess I was thinking of having those stats right on the Browse or Search pages. That way you wouldn't have to click through it to see the info.

That would be more convenient. That's how it's set up at GameSpot.

scott

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:01 pm »
That would also help the admin when merging things. We'd be able to glance at dupes and see how many folks own them too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread