Author Topic: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals  (Read 10951 times)

sin2beta

Re: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 04:14:15 am »
Stadium events has several differences from its PAL counterpart. Unless I am mistaken it won't work in NTSC NES consoles. The PAL-B versions have different instructions. Slightly different box and label art, etc.

Stadium events was repackaged when Nintendo took over the Bandai Family Fun series. And several people do call it a variant with Tack Meet. Others make a distinction from it being a variant by calling it a rerelease and rebranding since another company was in charge. However, I would not have any problem considering it a variant.

How I consider sonic different is that the US release is just European overstock with a UPC sticker placed over the boxes original UPC. They are the European game. Several late master system releases were PAL overstock as there is no region lock. Nintendo did not take Bandai overstock of stadium events and slap a sticker on it. They completely redid the packaging and title.

In short, yes, I consider Stadium Events a variant.

I don't even consider Sonic on the SMS different enough to be a variant. It's the same game.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

thecollector0o7

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 08:15:37 pm »
My 2013 goal is to:
                                 1   Complete my boxed collectors edition collection of Zelda
                                 2   Complete my boxed Nintendo collection - have them all loose but missing a few boxes :(

karyann

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »
I just started collecting like a year ago, and it's hard to collect with not really any expendable money so yeah....

Here are my Game Collection goals for 2013

1. Get a Nintendo 64
2. Buy games for said Nintendo 64
3. Get a Wii U
4. Start a collection for the Wii U
5. Buy a SEGA Saturn
6. Buy games and an action replay for the SEGA Saturn

Most likely I would only be able to buy a Wii U but I really want a N64, I always have since I was a child. I would go into Toys-R-Us and see the N64 and always wanted to play Super Smash Bros but my family never had the money to get it. Now N64's are cheaper but still, no extra money to buy it.

If you look close enough at your local kijiji/craigslist/facebook games trades, you should be able to find a N64 for a decent price :) I often see them for 30$ in my area, which might not be that much of a deal, but it's still already better than ebay.

Also, welcome to the site  ;D

brunauss

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 05:38:43 pm »
Maybe this year I can finish rebuilding my N64 game collection and finally find a bargain 3DO console system that is still functioning. What is it with people down here selling so much junk game hardware. Grrrr.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »
Lets see....

- Buy a CIB copy of Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge to finish off my CIB [NA] collection (Maybe start on variant collecting after that) .
- Work on my Saturn Collection (170 to go in the list) Cancelled
- Buy Kid Dracula on Famicom for my Castelvania Collection (Doesn't need to be CIB, would be awesome if it was though...)
- Buy and beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Mirror of Fate, then stick them with the rest of my Castelvania stuff (Watch for preorder bonuses/ Collectors Editions).
- Upgrade my shelving, I'm running out of room on the Castelvania shrine. :)

Like, Jobocan I don't really set a ton of goals, but I do have things I want to do collection wise.

Looks like I need more goals...

Hmm

- Buy more JRPGs.
- Buy more SHMUPs
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »
I think I'm going to go ahead and add:

Hit 100 games on the GBA, complete :)

This will likely not happen. Oh sure, I'll hit 100 GBA games, but the boxes and manuals might be a stretch. I'm working on that now but some of them are going to be really difficult to find.

scott

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »
I guess hitting 100 PS2 games and finishing up rebuying the ones i traded off might be a a respectable goal.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 07:17:20 pm »
Since Scott updated his I'll give an update too.
UPDATED Jan 1st:

For me I really need to slow down and focus on what I want.

1. Hit 2300 games. I am currently at 2192 so that is very doable without going over board.
2. BUY A DAMNED NEO GEO COLOR!!! This is the third year in a row that I have had this on my list and I have to get it this year
3. Buy some Super Famicom games. I'm not sure why but I really want to start gathering games for this system. Hitting 15 of them would be nice, 20 even better though :D
4. Hit 500 Xbox 360 games! I'm at 476 so again this is within my grasp without having to break the bank.
5. Hit 20 3DS games, only 5 away so if I can find a couple of cheap ones over the year I'll make it
6. A stretch goal would be to hit 300 DS games. I'm at about 250 so hitting 300 would take some really good deals but hopefully I can make it :)
7. Lastly I'll try and get 8 more Intellivision games to reach 50 of those. Shouldn't be too hard if I don't waste my money on other things.

Also thanks for posting this burningdoom, I love threads like this!
Let's see: 1. I am currently at 2555
2. Bought one and love it
3. I'm up to 23
4. Just hit 500 yesterday :)

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:39 pm »
I'm on the prowl for a Saturn and PC Engine, but apart from that, I'm just trying to chip away at my wishlist, especially the import and old-school side of things. Wouldn't mind snagging a new CRT too, but that will depend heavily on what kind of place my roommate and I move to, which is something we've been looking into for the past few days.

Putting together a new gaming PC too, but that's actually in progress now, as the motherboard and RAM just arrived :)

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »
All I'm looking to do is build up a respectable Wii collection.  I'm only at 21 right now so I still have a long way to go.

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

sin2beta

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 08:46:51 pm »
I recently just cleaned out and focused my collection to just sega and xbox.

I want to pick up several Xbox 360 games (they are insanely cheap right now. I've been picking up several good titles for $2 a game).

I also want to flesh out my genesis collection and work towards completing a tower of power. I can find the add ons tomorrow if I really wanted. But I am very patient and cheap.

Secondary (but could become primary based on local thrift shops and flea markets) are to build up the original xbox and game gear collection.

I've actually done pretty well. I finished my tower of power. And my Game Gear games are quickly approaching 75. I'd like to get to 116 (half of a complete set) by the end of the year. But I am starting to get to where finding games in dollar bins that I don't have is getting harder and harder. 99 cent auctions on ebay is still an option, but shipping kills the game price average. I have managed to pick up a few lots. But, I think I may have to buy ebay lots and sell off the dupes to keep the cost at a buck or two a game.

I've picked up a few oXbox games, but not enough. I just recently found out how good ebay and combine ship is for the oXbox. So, things will look better on that.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 04:07:21 am »
This is the year I finally get my collection organized and displayed.  Of course, I said that in 2009, and then had another kid.  Then I moved to Germany.  Then, Afghanistan.  *sigh*  I should be back in the States by late summer, and this, besides getting my children settled and starting a new job, is my priority. 
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

karyann

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »
All I'm looking to do is build up a respectable Wii collection.  I'm only at 21 right now so I still have a long way to go.

You have some solid titles, though! Great choices :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »
A).  Hmm...Since it feels like I've been ordering, pre-ordering, and/or buying 3-DS for a Loooong time -and- seeing as how looking at my collection...it turns out that I own much less games than it "felt" like I *thought* that I should/would have by now...I'm gonna say & set a goal for...*30* 3-DS games by the end of the year.

B).  Since my 4th Giclee should be arriving on Mon or Tues, I'm also going to set a goal for myself to have 5 Giclees ("Iris Heart" from Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory; being the next on my list -AND- having all 5 of them nicely centered, evenly spaced, and hung (all 5-in-a-row") on the bedroom wall that I've 'dedicated' for them  8)

*EDIT*

Actually, ya' know what?

Since it's on my mind -and- since I have more coupons/store-credit to use up...I just went ahead & pulled the trigger on my 2nd goal by ordering the "Iris Heart(s) You" Giclee; which will = #5...so next is the measuring, spacing, arranging, and hanging - that's all more (IMHO) *fun* than it is work-like, though  ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:44:24 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ko1ru

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 08:25:12 pm »
... I just went ahead & pulled the trigger on my 2nd goal by ordering the "Iris Heart(s) You" Giclee; which will = #5...so next is the measuring, spacing, arranging, and hanging - that's all more (IMHO) *fun* than it is work-like, though  ;D

I enjoy that kind of stuff too.  I'm the kind of person that despises the packing - and actual moving of stuff - aspect of moving, but I LOVE taking everything out of boxes and putting things where they go, organizing, hanging stuff.  It's an such an indescribable, happy feeling.  :)

Those giclees are gorgeous, by the way.