Author Topic: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals  (Read 10853 times)

starbronze21

Re: What Are You 2013 Game Collecting Goals
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 01:51:24 am »
My 2013 gaming goal is to
REACH 500 items in my collection before my 1 year anniversary of joining this site, which is December 27. :)
It seems ambitious but hey can't kill me.

BONUS! I would very much like to obtain an NES 2, I don't think it will happen this year but hey, if it happens yay :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

brunauss

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 03:37:35 am »
My 2013 gaming goal is to
REACH 500 items in my collection before my 1 year anniversary of joining this site, which is December 27. :)
It seems ambitious but hey can't kill me.

BONUS! I would very much like to obtain an NES 2, I don't think it will happen this year but hey, if it happens yay :)

That could be a tough one on the wallet. What few functioning ones are left, are in the hands of people that know what they have and want as much as they can get from you for the thing. I lucked out and simply found one in a basement of a home I moved into. Perfect shape too.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

soera

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 07:48:31 am »

By NES 2, do you mean a top loader? I see them pop up a lot ... they sometimes cost a bit more than they should but I got lucky on the extra one I picked up. Was $10 but damn that thing was ugly. I had to buy a bit to open it and wash it out and I ended up having to paint it cause of all the cosmetic issues it had. I just wish they had the A/V option the toaster does. I hate R/F plugs and its my only system that uses one.

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 10:28:00 am »
hmm goals for 2013 I'm going with the following
  • Having a larger collection and mainly to reach 666 games (short term goal)
  • getting the Onmimishu series on xbox
  • finishing off the nes series megaman to move onto snes series megaman
  • fixing the Zaxxon Arcade Cabinet and installing the power supply to get it up and running
  • collecting some games I've missed this go round because of how expensive they are
there is more but this are my essentials at this time
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

sin2beta

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 11:11:43 am »

By NES 2, do you mean a top loader? I see them pop up a lot ... they sometimes cost a bit more than they should but I got lucky on the extra one I picked up. Was $10 but damn that thing was ugly. I had to buy a bit to open it and wash it out and I ended up having to paint it cause of all the cosmetic issues it had. I just wish they had the A/V option the toaster does. I hate R/F plugs and its my only system that uses one.

I don't see the huge appeal of the top loader. It was my first video game console, so I have a lot of memories. But, the RF only is a deal breaker. I know it loads the games really well, but new 72-pins are easy enough to find. The controllers are a different matter though. Those dogbone controllers are great!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »

I don't see the huge appeal of the top loader. It was my first video game console, so I have a lot of memories. But, the RF only is a deal breaker. I know it loads the games really well, but new 72-pins are easy enough to find. The controllers are a different matter though. Those dogbone controllers are great!

I'd love a top-loader. RF isn't that huge of a difference, IMO, when it's just an 8-bit system. And even with a new 72-pin connector on my side-loader, it still doesn't fix the problem 100%, just makes it more manageable.

A bigger downside, IMO, is the loss of a Game Genie. I've heard they're not compatible with top-loaders.

soera

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:17 pm »
There are top loader game genies but they are definitely not common.

As far as A/V vs R/F, I prefer the A/V simply for the ease of use with splitter boxes and for the durability. Most R/F cables seem to be pretty sketchy on their reliability and end up needing to be replaced.

starbronze21

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »

Well I have only seen one in real life and it cost $70 :/
I doubt I will find one I can afford til I graduate college, but hey a guy can dream. :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2014, 10:10:57 am »
*bump just so folks can find it easier

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
*bump just so folks can find it easier

There's another identical thread (for 2014) now  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2014, 01:13:13 pm »
Heh I think he bumped it cause nearly everyone else has quoted themselves on the new thread from this one. So now its just easier to find to quote. :)

scott

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »
- Buy a CIB copy of Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge to finish off my CIB [NA] collection (Maybe start on variant collecting after that) .
- Work on my Saturn Collection (170 to go in the list)
- Buy Kid Dracula on Famicom for my Castelvania Collection (Doesn't need to be CIB, would be awesome if it was though...)
- Buy and beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Mirror of Fate, then stick them with the rest of my Castelvania stuff (Watch for preorder bonuses/ Collectors Editions). Partial, since LoS2 never released yet, looks like no CE for US though, which is super lame.
- Upgrade my shelving, I'm running out of room on the Castelvania shrine. :)

Not bad for 2013. Will post new goals in the 2014 thread.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread