Author Topic: 6 random suggestions suggestions  (Read 4626 times)

Re: 6 random suggestions suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:43:23 pm »
Having a 1 to 10 star rating on every game where we could vote would be awesome! Like a chart of top 100 in each section like nes snes gen etc. And even like a bottom 20... Im always looking for the worst video games ever made! Kinda like how imdb does it... but vgcollect is way better
i like this

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:38:00 am »
Also, regarding submissions...

When you submit, say a new game (name only) - do you get the same 'credit' for "1 submission" as the guy who fills in each & every field in their submission...or...is the *name* = the submission & the *rest* = edits
?

...Anybody?

I mean, it's not like I'm a submission-whore or want to jack up my stats or anything...but - I'm still curious...do the submissions w/ a name only "count" equally as a fully-completed/maybe 1/2 hour worth of work/typing submission?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 09:51:15 am »
Sorry, I didn't see that question.

Ya 1 submission is 1 submission. But each individual field is an individual edit, when you edit something.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 09:54:48 am »

Ya 1 submission is 1 submission. But each individual field is an individual edit, when you edit something.

So...if someone *cared* about having big #'s - they'd just *submit* the name of the game...and then, come back & do every other field as an *edit* ?   :o

foxhack

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 09:57:47 am »

So...if someone *cared* about having big #'s - they'd just *submit* the name of the game...and then, come back & do every other field as an *edit* ?   :o
Yes, but since we notice this sort of thing when approving edits... we might just reject the edits and add them ourselves. :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:33 am »

Yes, but since we notice this sort of thing when approving edits... we might just reject the edits and add them ourselves. :P

Eh, as any of you who have processed my submissions know...they're all complete.

I was just thinking that's an easy "loop-hole" to exploit on a site where we thank & respect the work  that everyone here puts into their additions/edits...aka...their #'s  ???

scott

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:49 am »
I could see if being a potential problem, if we started tracking who had the most edits/ submissions in a given month when we do the stats updates. But I think the thing is, we tend to trust everybody to not be complete assholes, ha.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 10:19:38 am »
I could see if being a potential problem, if we started tracking who had the most edits/ submissions in a given month when we do the stats updates. But I think the thing is, we tend to trust everybody to not be complete assholes, ha.

LOL!

True dat!

But, the site...she is a' growing!

foxhack

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 10:24:10 am »
Eh, as any of you who have processed my submissions know...they're all complete.

I was just thinking that's an easy "loop-hole" to exploit on a site where we thank & respect the work  that everyone here puts into their additions/edits...aka...their #'s  ???
I didn't mean you'd do it.

I meant I already have an idea of how to deal with people who would. That e-peen is something that has to be cut off at its source. *snerk*

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 11:00:34 am »

I didn't mean you'd do it.

I meant I already have an idea of how to deal with people who would. That e-peen is something that has to be cut off at its source. *snerk*

YES :)

E-Castrations...Ftw?!  :-\

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:55 pm »

LOL!

True dat!

But, the site...she is a' growing!

how many people are on here now?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 10:26:42 am »
Just my 2 cents on the "sub-Swag" categories...

I...like them -but- not so much so the way that they are.

What I mean is - that I think it's great that we now have these different options & categorizations for different types of swag...but, if it's at all possible...I'd *MUCH* rather still be able to click-on my 'overall' Swag category...AND THEN...have the break-down as an added menu/option -instead- of the replacement that it now is.

Then again, it's quite possible that I can arrange/set my settings to do so...and just don't know about it/how to do it.

Thoughts?!

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 01:29:44 pm »
Just my 2 cents on the "sub-Swag" categories...

I...like them -but- not so much so the way that they are.

What I mean is - that I think it's great that we now have these different options & categorizations for different types of swag...but, if it's at all possible...I'd *MUCH* rather still be able to click-on my 'overall' Swag category...AND THEN...have the break-down as an added menu/option -instead- of the replacement that it now is.

Then again, it's quite possible that I can arrange/set my settings to do so...and just don't know about it/how to do it.

Thoughts?!

I like the idea of eventually having nesting categories... but I'm sure it'll be a while before it can be implemented.  Nesting companies like Sony, Sega, and Nintendo would be useful as would be nesting things like all digital items.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:55 pm »
I've been saying to Matt for awhile that we should collapse categories by brand.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 01:57:30 pm »
I've been saying to Matt for awhile that we should collapse categories by brand.

I like the idea of eventually having nesting categories... but I'm sure it'll be a while before it can be implemented.  Nesting companies like Sony, Sega, and Nintendo would be useful as would be nesting things like all digital items.

Heh -

Desocietas & Scott both said & got my point across quicker & smoother than I did  :-[