Author Topic: Types of games you'd like to see  (Read 8457 times)

pacpix

Re: Types of games you'd like to see
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »
a star wars battle front game
THIS
I love the Battlefront games!

I would also like to see Q*bert make a come back.  Nearly brought tears to my eyes when I saw him in Wreck it Ralph.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:12 pm »
Why won't developers listen to us?  SmashTV would be awesome!  Tons of enemies and that awesome announcer.  And how many games have new toasters as prizes?

I was/am a huge fan of the battlefront games.  I had both of them on the original Xbox.  I like the first one better.  The Jedi in the second one changed the game too much.  In fact, I need to get that one out and give it a go in all my free time.

pacpix

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »
Yeah I also prefer the first one.  The second one still has a good online community too on PC!  IIRC Battlefront 1 PC servers were shutdown a couple months ago...
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jcalder8

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 12:34:32 am »
What types of games would you like to see made? 
Personally, I would love for there to be a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2.  I've been playing it a lot lately and wish there was a modern version of it.  People shit on it a lot, but SMB 2 is a great game.  I love that you can pick a different character with a different ability. 

What have you been hoping for?
I think a platformer like that would be fun, just as long as they don't lie to us and call it a Mario game :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 12:38:48 am »
What types of games would you like to see made? 
Personally, I would love for there to be a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2.  I've been playing it a lot lately and wish there was a modern version of it.  People shit on it a lot, but SMB 2 is a great game.  I love that you can pick a different character with a different ability. 

What have you been hoping for?
I think a platformer like that would be fun, just as long as they don't lie to us and call it a Mario game :D

We didn't know any better back when it was new, and we all had a blast with it until Super Mario Bros. 3 came out. Who cares if it has Mario or not?

ffxik

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 03:40:49 am »
I want to see 8-16 bit style RPGs returned. Hopefully Ni No Kuni brings back that feeling that I miss from playing games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. Ive looked at the games people call RPGs now and it blows my mind as to what they were thinking.

Have you checked out Pier Solar? It is literally a new 16-bit RPG. They put amazing detail into making it feel like you just got a completely new genesis game as well. The packaging is top notch.

http://www.piersolar.com/

I actually checked this out.  I'm interested to say the least.  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:00 am »
final fantasy VII in HD

I'm just curious - because I've seen a lot of interest from FF VII fans over the years in an HD-remake...would those of you who want this want the *Exact* same game as the original...just "HD-i-fied"...or what (if any) changes/additions might you want to see for it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ko1ru

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:43 am »
I'd love to see something in the same vein as the old Dungeon & Dragon RPG games for Amiga/C64.  Or even something like the old point-and-click adventure games (Kings Quest, Kyrandia, etc.).  Something that evokes that same kind of magical feeling.  I only got that kind of feeling from one "recent"-ish game, The Last Journey.  Perhaps I'm too nostalgiac, though...   ;)

I also second The Last Guardian.

scott

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:17 pm »
I think most of the FFVII community wants to see the exact same game, only with PS3 graphics. Not sure if that means removal of the SD character models in favor of more realistic ones or not. I'm thinking the majority wants to see the latter more than the former though.

Personally, I'd couldn't care less about a remake of FFVII. Not sure if I'd buy it or not if they did release something along those lines. Don't get me wrong, I love FFVII, but I just don't care if they ever remake it with models that look like their Advent Children counterparts.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 01:05:58 pm »
Yay 2013!

Any of the following would make it a great gaming year for me:

Dragon Quest X announced for US release
A new Tactics Ogre or FF Tactics game
Shining Force IV or Phantasy Star 5 (been waiting almost 20 years but I can dream right!?)
EA spontaneously implodes

ko1ru

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:50 pm »
... EA spontaneously implodes

LMAO! 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:06 pm »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 07:16:30 pm »
I totally forgot but a new Darkstalkers game, funny how Capcom loves to milk their franchises, especially fighting games, except for Street fighter alpha and Darkstalkers. Some of my favorites

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »
a new Jet Set Radio on the Wii U. I think it would work great especially if you could design your graffiti and tag it with the gamepad.

sin2beta

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:39 pm »
I want to see 8-16 bit style RPGs returned. Hopefully Ni No Kuni brings back that feeling that I miss from playing games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. Ive looked at the games people call RPGs now and it blows my mind as to what they were thinking.

Have you checked out Pier Solar? It is literally a new 16-bit RPG. They put amazing detail into making it feel like you just got a completely new genesis game as well. The packaging is top notch.

http://www.piersolar.com/

I actually checked this out.  I'm interested to say the least.  :D

It's probably the only homebrew I've actually been interested in. The CGR Review shows some nice gameplay. Every review has been raving about it. And they've been selling out of each reprint since 2009 with the word of mouth just getting stronger as time moves on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUg-tD2M8jo
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c