Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 31011 times)

atariboy

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »
My finds for the weekend:

Monkey Island Madness $.65 - Includes Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChucks revenge
Totally Twisted After Dark Sceensaver $.65
Disney's Extremely Goofy Skateboarding for PC $.65
Mega Man X6 PS1 $.95 Brand new still sealed but employee had just taken off seal and opened when I asked her why she did that she stated that she need to make sure disc was in there  :o
Rock Smith $15 with CIB with cable
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:58:07 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:19 pm »
Xbox- GunValkyrie and It's Soundtrack
also got an Xornet gaming mouse because my regular mouse Died on me.
and Tomorrow my copy of Hyrule Historia will be coming in.

pacpix

« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »
Oblivion and Marvin Strikes Back both showed up in the mail today!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2013, 10:28:39 pm »
Oblivion

One of the greatest games ever created. The game is just so massively huge but with so much attention to detail at the same time. If you like games that drive you to explore, you will lose dozens upon dozens of hours in this game.

scott

« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »
Agreed. Don't let the game let you get lost though. It seriously took me 3 tries to finish the main quest, just from the amount of side questing/explore I did. I didn't actually finish the game until just before Skyrim released... and now I'm having the same problem w/ that. haha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:12 am »
Agreed. Don't let the game let you get lost though. It seriously took me 3 tries to finish the main quest, just from the amount of side questing/explore I did. I didn't actually finish the game until just before Skyrim released... and now I'm having the same problem w/ that. haha
I will agree with you about Skyrim. I'm still putting time into that and I honestly have no idea what the main story is or how far along I am in it and I have no problem with that :D

soera

« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2013, 10:10:46 am »
I have Oblivion and Skyrim but havent gotten into them the way that I did Morrowind. That game single handedly cost me my previous relationship (and sadly because of it, my previous collection ... damn her).

ko1ru

« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
Oblivion

One of the greatest games ever created. The game is just so massively huge but with so much attention to detail at the same time. If you like games that drive you to explore, you will lose dozens upon dozens of hours in this game.

For me, it was more like hundreds upon hundreds...  :P

ko1ru

« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:35 am »
I have Oblivion and Skyrim but havent gotten into them the way that I did Morrowind. That game single handedly cost me my previous relationship (and sadly because of it, my previous collection ... damn her).

Ouch.  So do you look upon Morrowind now with fondness or hatred?

My boyfriend would often joke about how he would lose me to Skyrim once it came out.  Funny thing is, he started playing it before me (I have yet to pick it up).  Luckily, he's slightly ADD with games and leaps from one to another in no time, so I'll likely play it soon.  :)

« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »
In the past few days I've received my Japanese 3DS with Project X Zone - it's a lot of fun! Having never owned a 3DS before now I was pleasantly surprised at how good the e-shop was, there's a ton of good demos on there (EX Troopers, Bravely Default, Taiko no Tasujin, Monster Hunter, etc) and unlike my experiences with the Wii shop I've actually been able to casually browse - and find things!

jcalder8

« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »
I picked up a couple of guides today:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of time Explorers of Darkness
Starship Titanic
for $3 each

jobocan

« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2013, 06:07:45 pm »
Today I got STUFF!

First and most importantly, Fire Emblem: Awakening, a week before it comes out! Turns out EBgames stores in Canada had it in stock already so yay!
And I got Hyrule Historia which is twice as big as I thought it would be.

And also Lost Planet (the colonies edition), Earth Defense Force 2017 and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

scott

« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »
I also got the hyrule historia! And ya this thing is flipping huge!

jcalder8

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2013, 07:39:30 pm »
And I got Hyrule Historia which is twice as big as I thought it would be.
I also got the hyrule historia! And ya this thing is flipping huge!
How is the content? I thought about picking it up but I wasn't sure how the actual writing in it would be.

scott

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »
It's well translated. Though I noticed in the listing of game in the back it said The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for GameCube was Club Nintendo only. Though in the US it was released w/ a special edition GameCube instead of through Club Nintendo, because back then we didn't have CN like we do now. So that's some wrong information.

All in all, it's a great art book and has a lot of info on the Zelda series. It even has the "official timeline" if you're into that kinda thing.