Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 30745 times)

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 10:23:25 pm »
I got me some japanese PS3 games!

First, E.X. Troopers, which I got because Capcom are once again being buttheads and aren't localizing it (adding another thing to the near endless list of bad Capcom decisions this gen).
Second, Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! Meikai Katsugeki Wide-Han (Best Hit Selection)... wow that's a long title. Got this one because I heard it was similar to Pocky & Rocky on the SNES.

Also... if anyone needs a 5$ off 60$ order coupon for play-asia, let me know in a PM. It needs to be used before February 16th and I doubt I'll use it.

I borrowed the 360 version of Mamoru-kun off a good friend a while ago - it's good fun! Hope you enjoy it too :)

sin2beta

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »
Happy New Year vgcollectors!

I recently acquired a display case for some of my favorite collectibles...

That is an amazing case and find. I always fight the conflict of wanting stuff like that but also preferring to live in apartments. Maybe once I get older and/if I settle in a house.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 11:24:14 pm »
sin2beta, wow. Where did you get that?

Anyway... today's finds and Goozex arrivals:

Eraser: Turnabout (PC) - $2
Iron Man (PC, new) - Free, Goozex
X3: The Official Game (PC, new) - Free, Goozex (disc 1 was loose)
Hulk (PC, new) - Free, Goozex

I already owned Eraser Turnabout, but my discs were scratched. These are mint so I'll just sell my other copy. As far as I know this was not released in a box in the US, it was only bundled with computers, so as far as I'm concerned it's complete. X3... disc 1 was loose and super scratched. I dunno if it'll even work. I can probably find a cheap replacement somewhere.

I also got way too many DVDs so check the other thread for more info. :p

jobocan

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 11:27:28 pm »
I got me some japanese PS3 games!

First, E.X. Troopers, which I got because Capcom are once again being buttheads and aren't localizing it (adding another thing to the near endless list of bad Capcom decisions this gen).
Second, Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! Meikai Katsugeki Wide-Han (Best Hit Selection)... wow that's a long title. Got this one because I heard it was similar to Pocky & Rocky on the SNES.

Also... if anyone needs a 5$ off 60$ order coupon for play-asia, let me know in a PM. It needs to be used before February 16th and I doubt I'll use it.

I borrowed the 360 version of Mamoru-kun off a good friend a while ago - it's good fun! Hope you enjoy it too :)

I played it a bit and I'm quite liking it. I had to read a review or 2 to figure out what the curse bomb thing did but now it makes sense. The PS3 version also adds dual-analog controls that are really solid too, a lot easier than the controls that lock you in a direction when you shoot (you get the option so I tried both... dual-analog is a lot smoother). Overall though... a new Pocky & Rocky-style game=instant win for me :P

Also, I have no idea what the top 2 main menu options are, they seem to bring to basically the same mode (both are the only widescreen modes so you can see more of the battlefield than in the 360 version... I think one of them has a time limit maybe?), but that's a minor issue to me, I'm used to not understanding menus when I play japanese games (at least if it was katakana/hiragana I'd be able to read them, but of course the game has to throw kanji at me... and all the other menu items are in english strangely enough).

sin2beta

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »
sin2beta, wow. Where did you get that?

Anyway... today's finds and Goozex arrivals:

Eraser: Turnabout (PC) - $2
Iron Man (PC, new) - Free, Goozex
X3: The Official Game (PC, new) - Free, Goozex (disc 1 was loose)
Hulk (PC, new) - Free, Goozex

I already owned Eraser Turnabout, but my discs were scratched. These are mint so I'll just sell my other copy. As far as I know this was not released in a box in the US, it was only bundled with computers, so as far as I'm concerned it's complete. X3... disc 1 was loose and super scratched. I dunno if it'll even work. I can probably find a cheap replacement somewhere.

I also got way too many DVDs so check the other thread for more info. :p

That's not my case, but BrettyBlueVein's. I just quoted it. But we can call it my case if we wanted. In fact, it can even be shipped to my house with no objection from me. I've just got to figure out the best way to make the Nintendo into Sega.  8)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ko1ru

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 09:17:02 am »
i got two more games in my quest to get all of the games i played kid and i'm starting to realize that most of them are by fisher price,davidson and the learning company which is scaring me for some reason

Those Learning Company games were awesome!  There was a spelling one that was my favourite as a kid.  :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 09:42:13 am »
I bought the Kirby Dream Collection for Wii last night.  I woke up a little early this morning so I made a quick run through Kirby's Dream Land.  That was the only Kirby game I've ever played other than Smash Bros.  I've been playing too much modern stuff these days.  I need something simple to rot my brain.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:19 am »
Picked up my first game of the new year today as a birthday present from my parents Master of the Monster Lair of the DS. I have missed out on too many Atlus games and it sounds like an interesting concept so I picked it up.

If you like MotMl, please, please, *Please* follow up on it by getting & playing My World, My Way!

It's *not* a sequel -but- it does have references, re-appearing characters & cameos, etc *AND*; IMHO MWMW is extremely cute, fun, and funny FtW :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 12:17:15 pm »
Theatrhythym: FF just arrived (new) - 1st addition of 2013!

desocietas

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »
Theatrhythym: FF just arrived (new) - 1st addition of 2013!

Nice! I took a crack at the co-op a few weeks back with a friend, and it was way harder than the few songs I'd started with :\ (I hadn't gotten very far in the game so was still learning it at the time)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42:15 pm »
Picked up my first game of the new year today as a birthday present from my parents Master of the Monster Lair of the DS. I have missed out on too many Atlus games and it sounds like an interesting concept so I picked it up.

If you like MotMl, please, please, *Please* follow up on it by getting & playing My World, My Way!

It's *not* a sequel -but- it does have references, re-appearing characters & cameos, etc *AND*; IMHO MWMW is extremely cute, fun, and funny FtW :P
It was because you had talked about My World, My Way that I decided to pick Master up :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »

It was because you had talked about My World, My Way that I decided to pick Master up :D

Haha; sweet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 04:52:08 am »

It looks like it'll be a blast! A racing game that rewards you for driving like a jerk!

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 09:53:02 am »
I agree it is a really good game! :)

jcalder8

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:27 am »
I loved playing through Burnout Revenge!