Author Topic: Complete Sega Collection  (Read 2101 times)

sin2beta

Complete Sega Collection
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:57:57 pm »
Below is a blogger that recently collected every game for a sega home console. He did not complete the game gear and doesn't plan on it since he just wanted the home consoles. Impressive pictures.

http://www.gameover-johnny.blogspot.com/2013/01/complete-us-sega-console-library-cib.html
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

Re: Complete Sega Collection
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:55:28 am »
Thats very impressive, Im just not too big on complete collections, I generally collect what I like

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:34:19 am »
As a hardcore completionist of a collector, this gives me hope. Also, the OCD part of me loves the way he sorted his games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:53:03 am »
Any guesses (estimates) on  the cost for that collection?

I know next to nothing about the values of 90%+ of his games  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:34:32 am »
Wow that is spectacular looking! I hope to be there one day with Xbox and 360 games but I still have a LONG way to go and other systems keep getting in the way lol

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:11:28 pm »
Thanks for sharing, this is truly epic.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:32:59 am »
Only 9 years! He must have some serious loot to throw at those CIB consoles and games.

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:27 am »
That's some sexy collection. But I would need to refigure the shelving for the Saturn games. The ones laying down sideways on top of other cases looks bad. ha

And I agree, if it took him 9 years to get all of that, the dude has more expendable income than anyone I know.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »
Whenever I see these complete collections I can't help but think about all the crap they have to keep! I'd much rather have an incomplete collection myself, but I can see the effort that goes into these things.

scott

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:51:13 am »
Really I only want a CIB Saturn collection, no variants. I wouldn't mind having all the original Game Boy games too though, but loose w/ custom shelving for display.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:40 am »
Whenever I see these complete collections I can't help but think about all the crap they have to keep! I'd much rather have an incomplete collection myself, but I can see the effort that goes into these things.

Agreed - I'd, easily, rather have a long string of 50% collections...*Filled* w/ nothing but good games THAT I WANT TO PLAY; over something like this...but, can't deny the dedication & effort (or, expense, I guess)...I mean, really, if $ was no object = everyone could put something like this together; no?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"