Author Topic: Anime Recommendation?  (Read 15443 times)

psydswipe

Re: Anime Recommendation?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 06:41:57 am »
"There’s a potential Donkey Kong kill screen, If you wanna watch." I actually know the guy that said that, went to junior high and high school with him. He came across in the movie the same as he was in school. I've never met Billy Mitchell but a friend of mine who attends a lot of classic gamer shows has, he says he is a dick.

As for anime, I just finished the Second Stage of Initial D last night. I don't know a lot about anime but Netflix streaming has quite a bit of it.

scott

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 09:48:30 am »
"There’s a potential Donkey Kong kill screen, If you wanna watch." I actually know the guy that said that, went to junior high and high school with him. He came across in the movie the same as he was in school.

Ha, that's awesome.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 06:30:47 pm »
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jonathonstriker

I've watched a lot anime, and I have a lot of anime. Makes you wonder how I have time to play video games.

Seriously though, I think any anime lover needs to get on this site because once you've made your database, you realize how much of your life has been "wasted" on TV, and how much more you have yet to watch.

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »
I like anime, but I think the hardest part for me is picking what to watch.  It's overwhelming what's out there, and I'm not always interested by the concepts/plots to continue with a series.  Anime is hard in the sense that there are so many kinds, much like live action films, that it'd help if there were specified genres that people go by.  Does this happen?  The only categorization I've really seen is more director/creator-focused, but this undermines the one-offs that are notable.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »
I kind of feel the same, it was worse when i had to buy as I went, so trying something new was hard to decide on. Thanks to netflix streaming though, I've watched a bunch of anime that I've never thought of buying due to the "unsure factor".
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 06:03:51 am »
Ones that I really enjoy are

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen
Full Metal Panic
Kanon
Clannad
Love HIna
Spice and Wolf
Mushi-Shi
Wolf's Rain

And a good few that have already been listed.

Elfen Lied manga from beginning to end in English can be found here

http://www.mangareader.net/190-12612-1/elfen-lied/chapter-1.html