Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 279819 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »
I wont watch any movie before the 80s. People call them classic (and Im sure they are) but technology has moved so much since then that watching anything prior (like the original Star Trek) just looks so fake and very aged.

No Star Wars? 

I'm pretty sure this guy is a Commie.

soera

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »
Whats odd about the Star Wars movies is the first 3 were actually loads better than the last 3. I bought the phantom menace when it come out and it actually took me 4 attempts to finish it without falling asleep.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 08:41:52 pm »
That's better.  I'm still not convinced. You could be a commie spy.

soera

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »
I never denied it!  8)

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:59 pm »
I watched Perfect Pitch with my wife.... The messed up thing was I liked it.......
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

blipcs76

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 10:10:53 am »
I wont watch any movie before the 80s. People call them classic (and Im sure they are) but technology has moved so much since then that watching anything prior (like the original Star Trek) just looks so fake and very aged.

I can understand why you can be put off by movies with bad or dated effects.  But some of the funniest movies of all time came from the 70's.  Blazing Saddles, The Jerk, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Young Frankenstein, etc.

foxhack

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 12:10:44 pm »
I'll take a rubber monster over a stupid looking CGI thing.

Also: The 80s are ancient history now. You shouldn't be watching those movies either. Get over your dislike of older movies! You're missing a ton of good stuff that doesn't even use special effects.

scott

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:21 pm »

Agreed! Hell, look at the 60's Bond movies. All those sets? HANDMADE. The Volcano lair in You Only Live Twice is an excellent example. So is Fort Knox in Goldfinger. All purpose built for the film and 100% real. I hate that movies are taking CGI backdrops and having the actors act in front of blue/green screens.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 01:43:14 pm »

Also: The 80s are ancient history now. You shouldn't be watching those movies either. Get over your dislike of older movies! You're missing a ton of good stuff that doesn't even use special effects.

I dont watch too many 80s movies either! But I stick with my aged assessment. I would much rather watch a movie I can believe than something that looks like a play being put on. Im sure its not the most popular opinion ... but its mine. :)

htimreimer

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
biggest problem with movies from the 70s,80s,90s and its gonna happen to movies in the 2000s is that a lot of them are painfully dated  and cheesy 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 06:23:12 pm »
biggest problem with movies from the 70s,80s,90s and its gonna happen to movies in the 2000s is that a lot of them are painfully dated  and cheesy

And my problem with movies in the 2000s is that everything tries so hard to be trendy. Sometimes it's okay to just make a good sci-fi, horror, action, whatever kind of movie it may be without trying to be slick and stylish all the time.

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:44 pm »

lol yea 2 movies come to mind from back then when I hear 80's first is a all time old british cult movie "Bad Taste" the parts in this move will have you quoting this as much as you quote Office Space.. then another cult Classic of 80's would be "The Stuff" I promise that Whip cream was not intended to be a species of its own...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

foxhack

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:32 pm »
lol yea 2 movies come to mind from back then when I hear 80's first is a all time old british cult movie "Bad Taste" the parts in this move will have you quoting this as much as you quote Office Space.. then another cult Classic of 80's would be "The Stuff" I promise that Whip cream was not intended to be a species of its own...
This guy.

This guy knows good shit. ;D

scott

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 11:51:24 pm »
"Bad Taste"

I've been meaning to watch this movie for a long time. I love Dead Alive and was interested in Jackson's earlier work for a bit. But, I never got around to it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »
I finished watching Coldfire last night. Wings Hauser gets the lead credit, but most of the movie is focused on two rookie detectives. The story is decent and more or less believable. Basically, a Russian chemist who defected to the US created a new drug and these guys have to stop it from getting out there.

The movie was pretty entertaining and I wondered what happened to the two actors who played the main characters. It turns out that both of them kept getting steady work, until they got roles on One Life To Live! One of them spent thirteen years working there. The other guy was in Total Recall 2070. I liked their performances in the movie so I'm pretty happy they stayed in the business.