Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280003 times)

doafan

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #900 on: January 11, 2016, 11:29:22 am »
Spent another weekend watching some movies where without a doubt A Merry Friggin' Christmas and Burnt were my favorites, Robin Williams (RIP) is still one of my favorite actors and Bradley Cooper even when this is the first movie that I ever saw from him have to say that his performance was pretty good about the rest of th movies I only have to said that they were OK, saw them but they didn't made me stay at the couch all the time  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #901 on: January 16, 2016, 03:09:54 pm »

I finally saw the new Fantastic 4, RedBoxed it. I think I would have enjoyed this better in the theater, I wish I didn't listen to the naysayers. I can see why they complained, though. A lot of liberties were taken with the franchise, no doubt.

But I still feel it was a solid, and entertaining sci-fi film, regardless. As a stand-alone sci-fi film, it works. Just not so well as a superhero film. Good story, good special effects, good characterization. All the pieces are there, IMO.

romanticore

« Reply #902 on: January 17, 2016, 07:10:35 am »
Barefoot Gen
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

doafan

« Reply #903 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »
Gonna start posting Anime at the list of watched too cause am seeing more of this art than usual, got a good impression of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk even when both seems like the other one, definitely will be waiting for the second season of both, also have saw Automata with Antonio Banderas which by the way is pretty damn good, even my wife enjoyed this one and she is not the kind of girl that likes robot movies, the last one is Santa's Little Helper, didn't recognize The Miz until my wife told me that Paige was on this movie.

« Reply #904 on: January 19, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »
The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials - Overall it's an enjoyable series so far, never read the books, but the movies are an entertaining bit of post-apocalyptic.  It's not anything super original in the overarching narrative, but I'm liking them.  Interested to see where they go from here.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #905 on: January 25, 2016, 11:40:31 pm »

This movie was a lot of fun! Just finished watching it.

Not as iconic as the original, but still a big step up from the travesty that was "Lost Boys: The Tribe". If you are a fan of vampire movies you really should check it out, and if your a fan of the original this pays a bit of fan tribute.

"Death to all vampires! Maximum body count. We are awesome monster bashers! The meanest! The baddest!"

doafan

« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2016, 10:03:24 am »
Let's update the list with another two movies where the first one was pure crap, the only good thing about this one was Daryl Dixon was there, the Last Witch Hunter in my opinion was pretty good even when I really don't like Diesel dunno why but every damn time that my sister mention him always remember his Fast and Furious movies also have completed another two Anime series, am talking about Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken and Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai, will leave my comments of these two at the other topic and obviously have seen the latest event of the WWE, fuck yeah am talking about the Royal Rumble  8)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #907 on: January 26, 2016, 11:08:01 am »
Watching Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation

I haven't watched anime for about 15 years (back when Cowboy Bebop was brand new). I assume this is a pretty generic anime series, but it is fun because it is based on the PSO2 game. It was not what I was expecting at all and it is actually quite interesting getting a Japanese perspective on MMO games and how they should operate.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #908 on: February 01, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »

Pretty unique, and cool little vampire flick.

In the near future, nearly the entire world's population has become vampires, and society continues. But if nearly everyone is vampires, then where is all the blood? Herein lies the main plot of the movie. The world's supply is running dry, and science is failing at new options to replace blood. Soon mass chaos ensues and society begins to crumble.

One vampire accidentally discovers a cure for vampirism (William DaFoe)...but does the world want it? Regardless if they do or not, the world needs it. A sympathetic vampire scientists (Ethan Hawke) help the few remaining humans with perfecting this cure. Which the major pharmaceutical company the scientist works for, working on a blood replacement, does not want to happen. (Sam Neil plays the CEO of this company)

Lots of blood and chaos then ensue in the battle to determine who will inherit the earth, humans or vampires?

One of my favorite parts is as some of the vampires are turning human in one part, the other vampires that are there, that have been starving due to the dwindling blood supply, start attacking and feeding on the vampires-turned-human. They then the start turning human, and the process repeats. It was beautifully gory!

My favorite line in the movie was delivered by William DaFoe: "Being human in a world of vampires is about as safe as barebacking a $5 whore." lol, love it.

But if you are looking for a vampire movie that's scary, gory, and steeped in horror, this isn't it. It's really an action-drama wearing the clothes of horror. Still enjoyable, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:13:48 pm by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #909 on: February 02, 2016, 11:21:30 am »
Took my wife to the movies this past Friday after work to see Daddy's Home where I do have to admit that really enjoyed this one, both of us had a lot of fun even when really don't like the performance of Will Ferrell he managed and did work well with Mark Wahlberg, my wife enjoyed more the movie just for the last character that appears almost at the end of it also saw a couple of more at home where Kiss Me without a doubt was the best of them, glad that I watched this one alone  ;D

« Reply #910 on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »
Kung Fu Panda 3 - Still a genuinely entertaining series.  You'd think they would start to get old as they do follow a very familiar formula, with Po needing to learn something, thinking he can't, but then learning it at the last minute, but it has some genuinely good humor, great animation, and is just fun to watch.  This is one of the few animated series that I think continues to be just as good as it was and even gets better for the most part.

Don't think I can think of as many animated series that have done that...Toy Story has 3 good movies, How to Train Your Dragon is 2 strong right now and likely to get more.  Not a ton more I can think of personally.  Definitely hoping Kung Fu Panda continues.

baseycillings

« Reply #911 on: February 04, 2016, 10:17:20 pm »
For all anime fans! Do yourself a favor and check out:

Speed Grapher and Space Dandy!

« Reply #912 on: February 05, 2016, 08:42:34 am »
I really got into Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. I'm pretty big into science fiction so I really enjoyed concepts conveyed in the show. The best way I can describe it is Gundam meets Battlestar Galactica, but instead of the enemy being machines it's these massive biological globs. haha. I generally don’t like manga but I even went out and bought the first six books the show is based on.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #913 on: February 05, 2016, 08:49:20 am »
Last night we watched Avengers: Age of Ultron.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #914 on: February 05, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »
Last night we watched Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Cool movie, for sure, but it definitely felt like it was just an intro to more things to come.