Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280536 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »

007: Goldfinger

Still awesome to this day! Sean Connery is Bond, all others are pretenders!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:42:35 pm by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:21 am »
I'm not saying it was bad by any means.  I thought it was a good movie.  I just think I had it built up too much in my head.  If it comes on TV, I'll probably watch it.  It was a really good movie.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »

Watched Wrath of the Titans last night, the sequel to the Clash of the Titans remake. A rare case of the sequel being better than the first movie.

It was VERY good. If you're into fantasy movies, then you have to check this movie out! Great fantasy story based on Greek mythology and the Gods. Awesome special effects. And lots of action. I highly recommend this one to anyone into these kind of movies.

soera

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »
I watched two movies recently. Man with the iron fist and Zero dark thirty. One sucked, one did not. Ill let you decide which is which. :D

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2013, 05:35:05 pm »
Revisiting Cowboy Bebop. See you, Space Cowboy :)

brunauss

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2013, 12:30:36 am »
I just finished watching the entire original Collector Robotech Saga and movie pilot for new series.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2013, 11:58:41 pm »
Just finished watching Snatch again. I'd been in the mood for a good heist film, and since I've not watched this one in a very long time, I decided to pop it in.

AND

I even watched it w/o the Pikey subtitles! Go me. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

brunauss

« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:13 am »
Just finished watching Snatch again. I'd been in the mood for a good heist film, and since I've not watched this one in a very long time, I decided to pop it in.

AND

I even watched it w/o the Pikey subtitles! Go me. ha

Two other nice heist films with Jason Statham in them was The Italain Job and The Bank Job. Sod it, lets throw in Inside Man too. No Jason, but still good leading man.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2013, 08:31:23 am »
I have The Italian Job on HD DVD, but never got a chance to watch it before my 360's HD DVD player died. :(

I actually have a few HD DVDs... I need to find a player.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

brunauss

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2013, 03:00:57 am »
Does Cinema releases count? If so, just finished seeing Evil Dead and The Call.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:09 pm »
Does Cinema releases count?

Why wouldn't they?

How was Evil Dead? More serious than the original? I never was a fan of the original because the movie was never quite sure if it was tongue-in-cheek or serious and that really bothered me.

jobocan

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »
The last movie I watched was actually the new Evil Dead.

It's more serious than the first, with only a few less serious moments that still generally fit. As in all horror movies the characters do stupid things, but this one goes way overboard on that to the point where it just feels forced. Still, some really cool practical effects, with CG only when it's needed. It sticks to the theme of the original without being a complete rip-off, and it does have some pretty tense moments.

The movie was fairly decent until the very end, where it goes full stupid. I won't spoil anything, but the ending is insanely dumb, senseless, and changes who the lead character is for no reason. It's like they wrote that part first, then forgot they wrote it while they were writing the rest, so they just did really stupid stuff to get back to that finale that they wrote first, and that has a completely different feel from the rest of the movie. It's just odd and off-putting.

Overall, not bad, but that ending ruined it for me. That said, I'm not a huge horror fan other than the first Evil Dead, and to me it didn't live up to the original.

brunauss

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11:40 am »
Thanx for taking care of that first half jobcan  :)

The Call was actually quite a bit better and certainly didn't pause for very long on the tension or action. Nothing felt unrealistic either.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

htimreimer

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:23 am »
Does Cinema releases count?

Why wouldn't they?

How was Evil Dead? More serious than the original? I never was a fan of the original because the movie was never quite sure if it was tongue-in-cheek or serious and that really bothered me.
that's how i felt about drag me to hell and it doesn't help that the ending to drag me to hell was crap as well

desocietas

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2013, 02:32:06 pm »
Watched this one before the Japan trip in preparation for the visit to the Ghibli Museum:

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas