Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280379 times)

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2013, 09:33:17 pm »
the lone ranger

the dark knight rises

pacpix

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2013, 02:21:18 am »
I just watched Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.  I was all excited to watch it after seeing this scene:

After that though the movie was boooooooooring.  I recorded Sharknado to watch tomorrow so hopefully it is better.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:08 pm »
Just came back from Pacific Rim. Really fun. Not super amazing, but the really badass fight scene is REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY badass and the rest is pretty good. Definitely an entertaining movie, and it does give me some hope for next year's new Godzilla film (since it's made by the same studio... not the same director, but still :P).

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2013, 09:52:10 am »
Just watched a Netflix movie called "The Snitch"; wasn't bad...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »
Watched The Switch w/ the GF the other night. I enjoyed it, I really like Jason Bateman's movies though, he played a really good normal-crazy person.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »
Hansel and Gretel : Witch hunters. Oh man, so far this movie has to be my top choice for a while. :) After this one and Snow White and the huntsman, Im looking forward to Oz and Jack the giant slayer.

pacpix

« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »
Sharknado was awesome!

Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2013, 10:40:28 pm »
Sharknado was awesome!

Whoa, that very same moment happened in Pacific Rim. Seriously.

I was actually planning on watching Sharknado, but friends wanted to go to the theater to see a movie instead :P

soera

« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2013, 10:39:50 am »
Oz the great and powerful : Not as violent or graphic as Hansel and Gretel but it was pretty cool. Plus Mila Kunis is probably the most gorgeous woman alive atm.

Last exorcism II :  Good movie for what it is. :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »
So I just watched through the Robocop series. I had seen the original Robocop before, but never the sequels.

Robocop:

Fan-freaking-tastic movie that stands the test of time (well except for maybe the "futuristic cars", just spray-painted Taurus's lol).

A great story about a world oppressed by mega-corporations. And a personal story of a man trying to let go of his past. Lots of great action, some great dialogue, a dark-oppressive atmosphere that compliments the film perfectly, and a great sense of dark humor. And you get to see Red Forman from That 70s Show as a complete bad-ass.

The story follows the police department of Detroit in the near future. Large corporations now pretty much run the nation, and crime is at an all time high. Cops are underpowered, underpaid, and underappreciated. Officer Murphy is mercilessly gunned down in the line of duty. This is the final straw and cops across the city go on strike. Admists this strike, criminals take control of the city, and unbeknownst to many, some officers in the large Corporation of OCP are orchestrating some of the crime in order to sell weaponry and robotics to the Detroit police. One such endevour is Robocop. They use the remains of officer Murphy to create a cyborg of nearly unstoppable power. Robocop then uses his power to clean up the streets of Detroit and take down the crooked officers of OCP; all the while trying to fight the emotions of a past life that haunts his memories.

Any fan of action films, sci-fi films, and just generally dark films needs to see this if you already haven't.

Robocop 2:

DEAR GOD this is a terrible film. How could such a complete turd follow-up the first film? The villain is a freaking 11 year old kid, for crying out loud. Yeah, that's got to have a bullet-proof, computer-operated, killing machine shaking in his silver booties. Bad dialogue, the dark sense of humor is completely gone, and just cheesy-as-hell scenes. Pass this one up at all costs.

Basically the story is about a new drug being pushed across New Detroit. It's the single most addictive substance ever created and causes a wave of crime across the city because people will do anything to get money for the drug. The kid I mentioned earlier is the main pusher of this drug and running it all. Robocop must take him down and his gang of thugs.

Robocop 3:

It doesn't stand up to the masterpiece that was the original film, but it was still better than the Robocop 2, despite some gaps in logic in the story. It's still missing that great dark sense of humor that the first film had. But at the same time, it did bring back the dark atmosphere that gave the original film it's distinct look and feel. And the action was definetly better than Robocop 2. Just a decent mindless action film. And it was written by Frank Miller of Sin City, The Dark Knight Returns, and Daredevil fame; no joke!

The story follows the average citizens of New Detroit. They're being forced from their homes by OCP who has just "purchased" the city. As they're forced to comply, some stand against the forced removal and form a band of rebels to fight them. In the chaos, a small boy is separated from his parents and the band of rebels rescue him. Robocop is also damaged and the rebels rescue him as well. The boy is also obsessed with robotics and as a result forms a bond with the damaged robot, even going as far as repairing the damages and unlocking the feelings of the man underneath. The Detroit Police are then drafted into service by OCP to help force people out of their homes. The Detroit Police refuse and join the side of the rebels and all out war ensues.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:15:47 pm by burningdoom »

soera

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2013, 01:25:48 pm »
Watched a few more shows the other night.

This is 40 - Pretty funny. Seemed longer than it actually was. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing however.

Hobbit - As good as the original Lord of the Rings movies. The ending isnt what I expected ... it just ... stopped.

Vehicle 19 - W .. T .. F? Not much else to say about that one.

Spring Breakers - Good movie to see some definite gorgeous women. Even the story was good.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2013, 07:13:15 pm »
Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox- buy it. in all honesty that is all I can say, it's that good. Now I really want to get the comics it's based on

karyann

« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:00 pm »
The boyfriend and I finally have a few days off at the same time, so we've been watching a lot of anime since last week. Sprinted Madoka Magica, Kaze no Stigma, tried Soul Eater but couldn't watch more than 4 or 5 episodes, watched the Animal Crossing movie, and I started Clannad too. Big week, especially since I haven't watched any anime in like 6 months :P

« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2013, 08:38:18 pm »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »
My wife and I took The Boy to the picture show last weekend. He had the choice of Planes in 3D at the good theater or Despicable Me 2 at the "budget" theater.  He picked Despicable Me 2. We had 3 movie tickets, popcorn, 2 drinks, and a candy bar for a whopping $11.50. The theater is a real shit hole, but can't beat the price.

Despicable Me 2 was pretty funny. I like fart jokes though. I'm not kidding. There is a fart gun.