Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280316 times)

blipcs76

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2013, 10:43:50 am »
Recently watched Faster, starring Dwayne Johnson.  It was alright.  A fun action/revenge flick, but completely forgettable.

Watched The Conjuring with my wife recently.  It's one of the best haunted house movies I've seen in years. And I've seen most of them.

I started watching the anime B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time, which was recently added to Netflix.  The premise makes me feel that by watching it I shouldn't live so close to a school -- a girl enters high school with the intent to have sex with 100 guys.  But the references and situations are silly and sophomoric, not erotic.  Despite her intent, she is completely clueless, naive and timid.  Started watching it out of curiosity and kept watching because it was genuinely funny without being too creepy given the subject matter.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2013, 08:02:42 pm »
Am I really the only one here that liked X3? :)

I liked it, but i don't know much about comics.

Here's my problems with the film:

1. They killed Professor Xavier. He is the X-Men.

2. They killed Cyclops. Possibly the only X-Men character to have consistently been an X-Men member since the beginning.

3. The Phoenix Saga is one of the most epic storylines ever told in comic history. What they gave us on the silver-screen was a completely different and completely crappier tale. Even her powers as Phoenix were disappointing in the film. In the comics she would hover into the air, her eyes would go solid white, and an aura of living flames (in the shape of a Phoenix) would erupt around her body.

« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

id have to disagree. pans labyrinth was an amazing movie. leave it that way and come up with something new.
too many movies get sequels and most of the time they are nowhere near as good as the first.(predator)

Whoa. Predator 2 and Predators are both excellent follow-ups to the original. If you want an example of bad follow-ups, look at The Crow or Robocop.

predator 2 was ok but predator is one of the best sci-fi action movies of all time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:57 pm »

id have to disagree. pans labyrinth was an amazing movie. leave it that way and come up with something new.
too many movies get sequels and most of the time they are nowhere near as good as the first.(predator)

Whoa. Predator 2 and Predators are both excellent follow-ups to the original. If you want an example of bad follow-ups, look at The Crow or Robocop.

predator 2 was ok but predator is one of the best sci-fi action movies of all time.

Predator 2 didn't have Schwartzenegger, so that's an automatic point against it. But other than that, I thought it was fantastic. Brutal action. Intense scenes. Fan-freaking-tastic special-effects. And while Danny Glover may not be Schwartzenegger, he's still a fine action star.

How cool was that final scene when the elder Predators hand Danny Glover that old-west gun as a reward for defeating the Predator? You can't tell me that wasn't a cool scene.

Let's also not forget that we got to see Gary Busey get killed in this movie. That's worth the price of admission, alone.

scott

« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2013, 09:01:57 pm »
The final scene with the Predators and Danny Glover was awesome. I dunno, I've always liked both of the originals about equally.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2013, 03:34:47 am »
Last Movie on Theaters: Lincoln
Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, and Tommy Lee Jones were amazing in their respective roles.

Last Movie on Disc: Batman: Under The Red Hood
Not completely sure if this was the most recent movie on disc I saw.  I have a lousy memory.

Last Movie on TV: Cars 2
I liked the first one...  The sequel.  Not so much.  Did not even bother to start or finish the movie.

Last Anime: Sword Art Online
I don't really enjoy this series but I do get to watch-together with my brother.  Good enough for that, in my opinion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #276 on: November 19, 2013, 09:01:11 pm »

Last Anime: Sword Art Online
I don't really enjoy this series but I do get to watch-together with my brother.  Good enough for that, in my opinion.

you Should watch BTOOOM! a little bit of the same Idea only instead of being stuck in a game they're stuck on an Island where they are put in a kill or be killed survival situation. Personally I would recommend it over SAO anytime.

soera

« Reply #277 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:43 pm »
Got the Bates haunting the other night. What a pile of shit. Straight up sucks.

pacpix

« Reply #278 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:31 pm »
I am super excited for this weekend!  On Saturday the new SyFy movie Stonadoes is being released.  It's like Sharknado, but with giant boulders and it takes place in Boston ha.  I also bought the Sharknado DVD from Ebay so I can watch it with director commentary.  Also Sharknado 2: The Second One is being released in July 2014.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

brunauss

« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2013, 11:41:31 am »
All Is Lost
Yeah... Robert Redford is showing his age in that one.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »
The Hangover part 3- it was alright

Spaceballs- Still very funny after all the times I've seen it

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:15 pm »

If Spaceballs ever quits being funny, I'm going to drive my car into a bridge end; because I'm not alive anyway.

blipcs76

« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

If Spaceballs ever quits being funny, I'm going to drive my car into a bridge end; because I'm not alive anyway.

That's how I feel about Ghostbusters.  I could watch it every day and not tire of it.  It's just so perfect.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2013, 02:08:40 am »

That's how I feel about Ghostbusters.  I could watch it every day and not tire of it.  It's just so perfect.

Very nice choice. But I'd go with The Back to the Future trilogy.

scott

« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2013, 09:03:05 am »

Very nice choice. But I'd go with The Back to the Future trilogy.

Seconded. And I tend to triple feature them when I do watch Back to the Future.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread