Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280215 times)

maximo310

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:55 am »
Watched DBZ: Wrath of the Dragon. It was a pretty average movie in my opinion, especially since the main highlight was the super dragon fist as the new powerful attack from Goku, but it didn't really impress or interest me too much.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #601 on: August 07, 2014, 02:42:21 am »
Not yet, I've only seen maybe half of Brotherhood. I need to pick it up, but never have the cash to drop on it when I see it. I do really like Brotherhood though too.

I dunno, Shambala just seemed kinda "eh" to me. The part where he's back in his world is too short, Mustang is a little mopey baby for most of it, and I don't like that Al dressed like Ed. If it would have been more Alchemy and less pre-WWII I'd prolly have liked it better. Plus, it still left us with a cliff hanger anyway and the whole thing with the bomb should have been wrapped up in the "real world" story.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, when compared to the original, felt somewhat of a fan service, in my opinion.  The former definitely has more action and the latter focuses more on the drama.

That said...  Watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror Of Shambala definitely was a weak revelation to my favorite of the two series.  Although, not as bad as the Martian Successor Nadesico movie and series, by comparison.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #602 on: August 07, 2014, 03:36:12 am »
Technically finished with my standalone Turtles movie marathon with the 2007 CGI TMNT movie.  Sure, it's not live action, but it does seem to take in account what happened in the movies as at the end you see Shredder's helmet along with the scepter from TMNT 3.

Overall, it's a fun flick.  It's basically what we came to expect from the likes of the 2002 cartoon series and what we've seen continued in the 2012 cartoon series with good action, the turtles interacting as brothers, the rivalry of Raph and Leo hitting a serious point, it's pretty enjoyable overall.  My only complaint would be the turtles designs being not quite right to me.  The heads look a little wonky and couldn't say I was very satisfied with it compared to the rest of their designs over the years (ignoring the new movie).

Only thing I got left to watch is Turtles Forever, but since it's not a standalone flick, I'm not counting it for a main movie marathon, though I will watch it after I watch the new movie tomorrow night.  I might need the combination of two generations of Ninja Turtle to wash my mind of the new flick lol

scott

« Reply #603 on: August 07, 2014, 08:46:07 am »
Watched the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, Caddyshack and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World last night while I was painting. Love those movies.

Couldn't find a copy of Turtles Forever around here, so I ordered it on Amazon. It'll be here tonight, so I guess I know what I'm doing. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

abe

« Reply #604 on: August 07, 2014, 05:52:35 pm »
Watched the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, Caddyshack and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World last night while I was painting. Love those movies.

Couldn't find a copy of Turtles Forever around here, so I ordered it on Amazon. It'll be here tonight, so I guess I know what I'm doing. :)

I didn't dislike the Scott Pilgrim movie, but they changed way too much from the graphic novels. It has been a while since I've seen it, so I can't remember everything they got wrong, but I remember being annoyed by it when I watched it. I also felt Michael Cera was also a bad choice to play as Scott.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #605 on: August 07, 2014, 06:22:08 pm »
As I never read the comics, I really love the movie lol

« Reply #606 on: August 07, 2014, 11:44:44 pm »
The new Ninja Turtles movie was neither terrible nor great.  As it's own movie, I feel it botches a number of things, such as how terrifying the turtles are, that they are pretty much super heroes that don't even need ninjitsu, and that the threat balance is so out of whack.  The foot clan are complete jokes because each turtle is like Captain America, but then they made Shredder so obscenely strong that they really shouldn't have been able to beat them.

Bringing in nostalgia, they got alot wrong with the story for no real reason other than they wanted to be different.  Their outfits are great, their interaction is right on, the whole family aspect is right there and some of the action is pretty entertaining, but when you combine the above with the story problems and how Megan Fox as April was terrible, it just seems like a wasted opportunity.  Some changes to the script and the turtles appearance could've made the movie a lot better.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2014, 09:38:44 pm »

Saw it today, absolutely LOVED it! I was quite entertained throughout the entire film. Whether that be from the cool fight scenes, the astonishing sets and special effects, or the hilarious lines from the characters. I absolutely recommend watching this whether you're familiar with the comics or not.

"It only happened once, man!" lol!

« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »
space dandy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2014, 12:44:30 am »
Redline- hard to describe... but it was a very stylized, futuristic,  action-packed good racing anime movie. Though to me (not going to spoil anything though I kinda want to so I could show my point) the ending kinda came abruptly.

« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:07 am »
Redline- hard to describe... but it was a very stylized, futuristic,  action-packed good racing anime movie. Though to me (not going to spoil anything though I kinda want to so I could show my point) the ending kinda came abruptly.

It's the Speed Racer for the modern generation lol Redline was such a fun movie.  Really crazy.

abe

« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2014, 05:11:57 am »

Great movie, I really enjoyed it. It's pretty cheap on Amazon too. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something new to watch.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »
Cowboy bebop(series+movie)

scott

« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »

Love Cowboy Bebop. When I first watched it, I was buy them on DVD and no one told me how it ended... man I didn't see it coming at all. Super good show and one of the reasons I ended up getting into anime.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »

Love Cowboy Bebop. When I first watched it, I was buy them on DVD and no one told me how it ended... man I didn't see it coming at all. Super good show and one of the reasons I ended up getting into anime.
Yeah, a bunch of my friends and I decided to get together to watch it over a 16 hr period. We managed to watch it all in 720p thanks to our's friends resources on his laptop which connected to his TV. Anyways, it was a great show to watch through, especially with that soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and I would say its in my top 3 list for anime.