Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280170 times)

brunauss

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #615 on: August 12, 2014, 02:41:43 am »
Watched Into the Storm. Not as good as Twister, but did get to see that 300 MPH wind monster storm shred the airport to pieces.
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

scott

« Reply #616 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:17 am »
Cowboy bebop(series+movie)

Love Cowboy Bebop. When I first watched it, I was buy them on DVD and no one told me how it ended... man I didn't see it coming at all. Super good show and one of the reasons I ended up getting into anime.
Yeah, a bunch of my friends and I decided to get together to watch it over a 16 hr period. We managed to watch it all in 720p thanks to our's friends resources on his laptop which connected to his TV. Anyways, it was a great show to watch through, especially with that soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and I would say its in my top 3 list for anime.

Ya I have all the soundtracks on my ipod. They're all excellent, though I'm most partial to the movie songs.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

blipcs76

« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:06 am »

Saw it today, absolutely LOVED it! I was quite entertained throughout the entire film. Whether that be from the cool fight scenes, the astonishing sets and special effects, or the hilarious lines from the characters. I absolutely recommend watching this whether you're familiar with the comics or not.

"It only happened once, man!" lol!

Same here.  I saw it opening weekend and can confidently say its one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in years.  Not necessarily the best, but it was so much fun throughout.  Great fight scenes, great characters, awesome soundtrack, a ton of 80's references that feel natural in context and a ton of genuine laughs.  Every character was unique and really fun (aside from the mostly bland villains).  Can't wait to pick this one up on blu-ray and watch it again looking for all the stuff I missed the first time.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2014, 01:10:17 am »
Just saw TMNT at the drive in with the boy (for $12 which included a huge tub of popcorn) and a group of video gamers.

Maybe it was the company I was with, but I really enjoyed the movie.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:12:54 am by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2014, 06:48:10 am »
I forgot to post it here, but I took The Boy to see TMNT Tuesday night. I liked it.

I had to explain a few things to a 5 year old, but we had a blast. I wasn't a huge fan of how the Turtles looked, but the movie got each Turtle's personality and the sense of family right. The action was a blast. It was a fun movie.

I wish people would quit with the "Michael Bay is shitting all over my childhood". The man makes movies about shit blowing up and he does it well. If you want to see a cinematic masterpiece, go watch The Piano or something like that. If you want to grab some popcorn, check your brain at the door, and have some fun; give Mr. Bay your $7.50.   

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #620 on: August 15, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »
I wish people would quit with the "Michael Bay is shitting all over my childhood". The man makes movies about shit blowing up and he does it well. If you want to see a cinematic masterpiece, go watch The Piano or something like that. If you want to grab some popcorn, check your brain at the door, and have some fun; give Mr. Bay your $7.50.

We're not looking for a masterpiece, lord knows the original Transformers and TMNT weren't deep thinking shows or movies. We just want him to respect the source material and make a movie without gigantic plot-holes. And making good movies about stuff blowing up? I think you may be talking about James Cameron or Bryan Singer.

I haven't seen TMNT, so I can't comment on anything but the way the Turtles and Shredder look (which is freaking ridiculous). But Transformers, my god, I was a Transformers FANTATIC as a kid. And I couldn't stomach any more of it after the first film. I think the worst part of it is that he can't afford a tri-pod for god's sake. I'd like to be able to actually see the action scenes rather than it look like one big earthquake. And where the hell was Hot Rod?! The Animated movie was the best Transformers movie!

« Reply #621 on: August 15, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »
I can only turn my brain off so much before it would start to whither and die lol I'm fine with some big dumb action, the few scenes with action were fairly good.  The problem is how the turtles are designed, how they made being a ninja pointless, how they made the Foot pointless, how bad Megan Fox was, and how much they gave such little care to making a TMNT movie.  Aside from their interaction and family element, there wasn't too much that was right for a Turtles movie. 

I'm fine if Michael Bay wants to make a big action movie, just stop making movies for established franchises that he very clearly doesn't give a crap about lol

spac316

« Reply #622 on: August 16, 2014, 03:26:54 am »
The last movie I've seen was Guardians of the Galaxy. Fun flick!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #623 on: August 16, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »
Just watched How To Train Your Dragon and pretty much waiting for the sequel to be released on Blu-Ray.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #624 on: August 16, 2014, 05:36:23 pm »
Just watched How To Train Your Dragon and pretty much waiting for the sequel to be released on Blu-Ray.

Second movie is good ;)

Watched Kung Pow: Enter the Fist last night.  So dumb, so silly, so fun.

pacpix

« Reply #625 on: August 16, 2014, 06:18:13 pm »
Last night I watched the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: The Year We Made Contact.  I had low expectations after being a little disappointed by the first film, but 2010 was fantastic!  It was linked to the first film well and was a lot more interesting as there was not any overly long parts like the docking sequence in 2001.  I do still enjoy 2001, but if I ever watch it again I would fast forward through the long parts.  With 2010 I was engaged during the whole movie and never felt bored like I did with 2001.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2014, 09:25:49 pm »
Akira - very good

the Amazing Spider-Man - second time watching this. honestly I think I prefer the campiness of the Sam Rami ones... except Gwen is a lot better.

The Expendables 3 - if you like the first two you'll like this one. Mel Gibson plays one hell of a villain

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #627 on: August 18, 2014, 03:15:19 am »
Gurren Lagann.  [adult swim] showed the first episode and now I can't wait to watch the next.

"Don't believe yourself.  BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!"

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #628 on: August 18, 2014, 04:49:07 am »
Gurren Lagann.  [adult swim] showed the first episode and now I can't wait to watch the next.

"Don't believe yourself.  BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!"

You are in for a wild ride lol

Last night I watched 5 Centimeters/Sec, which is your basic romantic, slice of life, type anime, done in three parts for essentially an hour long movie, about a boy and girl who increasingly are set apart from each other and how they handle the love they can't have with each other.  I felt like the first two parts were well done if you like simple romance stories, which I can get enjoyment out of, but the third part kinda just drops the ball for me personally.

Also watched all of Girls Und Panzer, which is basically a highschool club anime with girls who drive around in tanks.  The concept is goofy as heck, but it's actually fairly entertaining.  No fan service for once, and the tanks are all real WW2 type tanks which helps add to this charm in the juxtaposition of cute school girls and heavy metal warfare lol  I kinda want to know more about the world they are in, but they don't spend a lot of time on the background where there are schools on battleships turned into lush green landscapes...has to do with an overreaction to education issues, but it never made much sense to me lol

Tried to watch Nagi no Asukara, an anime where there are essentially two types of humans, those who live in the sea and are just totally normal humans that live underwater in their own town, and those on land who are just regular humans.  Interaction is normal, but questioned at times as some of the underwater kids we follow are now going to school on land thanks to a sorta protection they have which allows them to breathe that is only temporary if it stays dry to long.  It has some rather beautiful animation and the idea is unique, but I have no idea how this world functions where they just seem to live underwater and everything essentially behaves like everything does on land, but they can swim when they want and they kinda live with fishes around.  It's hard for me to ignore the physic issues with everything and I don't think I can continue on just ignoring it lol
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:02:36 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #629 on: August 20, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »
Any got any like good slice of life/Japanese life animes to watch?  I kinda just like to see daily life stuff in Japan with a nice story to it if possible.  Not really looking for like a pure comedy or a serious depressing drama, something that might be like the first season of Moyashimon or...Kinda like the first two parts of 5 centimeters/second...Drawing blanks on others I've watched.  Just really been in the mood lately to see more of just Japan, whether in big cities or small towns.