Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 280331 times)

abe

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #735 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:07 pm »
I'm pretty new to watching anime, Any suggestions on good series?

Watch the newest adaptation of JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. ;)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #736 on: February 05, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »
The only things I have currently going is Log Horizon, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Shirobako, and Aldnoah Zero.  Still questioning whether I want to really continue on with Aldnoah Zero or not.  That midseason finale part and continuation was really dumb and it still hasn't recovered from that yet to me.

I did watch Knights of Sidonia though and that is awesome.  Highly recommended, but be mindful that is darker than what might be expected.  Kinda thought it would be the usual scifi mecha anime like a Gundam or something, but turned out to be more like Battlestar Galactica with some really violent deaths lol Pretty stoked for Season 2 coming up in April.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #737 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:03 pm »
Damn davifus you're going to overload people.

davifus

« Reply #738 on: February 05, 2015, 07:40:59 pm »
Damn davifus you're going to overload people.
  8)
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

devancowan

« Reply #739 on: February 05, 2015, 10:00:48 pm »
Thanks guys! Ill check them out! Cheers  ;D ;D ;D ;D;D

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #740 on: February 08, 2015, 03:30:19 am »
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-Ray)

Awesome movie.  Can't wait for How To Train Your Dragon 3 and Penguins Of Madagascar.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Warmsignal

« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2015, 02:29:01 am »
Finally saw Fight Club 15 years later... was kinda crap, as I suspected.

« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2015, 12:49:18 am »
Kingsmen: The Secret Service - Absolutely fun action movie.  At times it dips into that slick crazy action you might've seen recently in John Wick or at one, like a really stylized "The Raid", but it was a lot more fun than I expected it to be.

Completely separate of this and anime related, is there anything to Hunter X Hunter? This is one of those shows where people say it's not really what looks like on the ouside, that it gets kinda really crazy, but I watched the first episode and just felt like I'd really hate the main kid.  He has the perpetual "Nothing can get me down" or just feels always upbeat attitude about him that's super obnoxious in most animes that feel similar to this.

« Reply #743 on: February 16, 2015, 12:28:26 am »
watched the first harry potter movie with my little girl (she just finished the first book)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #744 on: February 18, 2015, 09:06:51 am »
Ive been on a Naruto kick the last few days.......
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #745 on: February 18, 2015, 09:16:21 am »
Oh god, buckle in. I watched through all of Naruto (even the crappy filler that lasted like a year) then got a ways into Naruto Shippuden. I've thought about picking it back up, but there's like a million episodes of Shippuden at this point.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #746 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:21 am »
Oh god, buckle in. I watched through all of Naruto (even the crappy filler that lasted like a year) then got a ways into Naruto Shippuden. I've thought about picking it back up, but there's like a million episodes of Shippuden at this point.

the manga ended a while back.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

bobster

« Reply #747 on: February 18, 2015, 10:02:54 am »

Yeah and I believe the show ended as well. I know Japan got a movie that goes past the show. It's part of the reason I thought about getting back to it. Seems like a ton of effort though lol.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #748 on: February 18, 2015, 10:27:57 am »

Yeah and I believe the show ended as well. I know Japan got a movie that goes past the show. It's part of the reason I thought about getting back to it. Seems like a ton of effort though lol.

I use to watch it, and i saw an episode of Shippuden last weekend. so i decided  to start watching it again. I i skipped to ep. 67 or so and nearly on 100 right now of the naruto series. So i got a long way to go lol. 2 months ago i was on a one piece kick, till about mid skypiea arc
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #749 on: February 18, 2015, 10:29:28 am »

I use to watch it, and i saw an episode of Shippuden last weekend. so i decided  to start watching it again. I i skipped to ep. 67 or so and nearly on 100 right now of the naruto series. So i got a long way to go lol. 2 months ago i was on a one piece kick, till about mid skypiea arc
Good luck! It wasn't so bad watching it when they were being released every week, but catching up seems like a huge undertaking.