Author Topic: Loose GBA carts  (Read 8863 times)

ko1ru

Loose GBA carts
« on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:07 am »
Just wanted to glean some information from you guys about what you tend to do with your loose Gameboy and GBA carts.  All of my Gameboy and Gameboy Colour carts are in individual plastic snap cases, which makes it easy for them to be protected and easily organized into a plastic container.  However, my Gameboy Advance carts are just loose and floating around inside a plastic container.  Is there any other way to properly store/organize GBA carts?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:09:53 am by ko1ru »

scott

Re: Loose GBA carts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:25 am »
I put them in DS cases with custom artwork. I've not made much progress in this project lately, but I am thinking of starting up again soon. The problem you might have though, is Nintendo stopped selling DS cases w/ the GBA slot in them. So finding them may be a bit tough. I have a bunch of them that I bought when rumor started that they were going to be discontinued. And I'm now hording them. :)

I have a bunch of them posted in a thread on the site over here: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,375.msg14938.html#msg14938
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

ko1ru

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:35 am »
Oh wow, those are nice-looking!  Why didn't I think of that?!  Totally speaks to my OCD and makes me happy to have a good-looking and protective storage solution.  :)

I will see what I can do about getting some of those older DS cases and hoard them like you, Scott.   ;D

Thanks guys!

scott

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:55:42 am »
Ha, It really does seem like the best solution. And then they can sit out on the bookcase w/ everything else too.

btw, did you see the Castlevania one?

ko1ru

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:39 am »
Sooooo pretty!  <3

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »
I'll admit that I thought that this was a lot of work for not much point but now that I am up around 100 GBA games I find that I don't have anywhere to store them so this is looking like a good option, although an expensive one :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:12:43 pm »
I have all my Game Boy, GBA, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and DS games inside of the extra-long 6-pocket trading card binder pages, which are all inside of a big binder. It protects the games, and it makes them very convenient to flip through and keep in order. Unfortunately, Game Gear games are too wide for this solution.

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:01 pm »
I have all my Game Boy, GBA, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and DS games inside of the extra-long 6-pocket trading card binder pages, which are all inside of a big binder. It protects the games, and it makes them very convenient to flip through and keep in order. Unfortunately, Game Gear games are too wide for this solution.

Do you find that the games slide out when you don't want them to?

I have used the 9 pocket trading card sheets but I find that the games slide out too easily.

scott

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »
I would think that the wieght of the games would be more than 9 trading cards. And that it would end up being a lot of strain on the ring holes?

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 02:58:48 pm »
Just wanted to glean some information from you guys about what you tend to do with your loose Gameboy and GBA carts.  All of my Gameboy and Gameboy Colour carts are in individual plastic snap cases, which makes it easy for them to be protected and easily organized into a plastic container.  However, my Gameboy Advance carts are just loose and floating around inside a plastic container.  Is there any other way to properly store/organize GBA carts?

You should just buy boxed GBA games and that will solve your problem ;) Kidding.

I have a Nintendo brand binder that was made for GBA games....got it around 2004ish. I'm looking on ebay to see if I can find one for you....
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

sin2beta

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 03:47:43 pm »
I second the trading card holder idea. This has been the best solution I have seen people do. DS cases are nice but once you get to about a 100 games this seems insanely space consuming (just imagine adding this to your already existing DS collection). I recently focused and sold most of my games due to taking up too much space. It becomes a pain. Plus, it can get expensive. So, I go cart only on most things. I even do this on Genesis when boxes are fairly easy to find and cheap. I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

I'm ok with Jewel cases and DVD cases.

Ultimately, it comes down to taste.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »
I bought a bunch of these at a local store a few years back.

They work perfectly. I keep my boxes stored and have the carts in those cases.

http://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Game-Boy-Case-Advance/dp/B00095LMJY

jcalder8