Author Topic: Friendship Is Here!!  (Read 5607 times)

starbronze21

Friendship Is Here!!
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:23:26 pm »
Hello everyone! Me and my buddy joined this site recently and I noticed that there was no "Friend" option on this site. Now that does not change my opinion of the site because I just think this place is awesome! :D

But i would think it would be cool if their was a friend option to make it easier to keep track of our collections and see whose is better! Because right now the only way to check out her collection is to click a link in an email she sent me. It would also be nice to just keep track of people I know on this site and maybe it would be easier to keep track of anyone i happen to meet on this site.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

scott

Re: Friendship Is Here!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »
I could see a simple list working. But we've really wanted to try to keep away from a lot of social networking things and focus mainly on being the best video game database we can be. Of course, in the end it's all Matt's call anyway.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:03:10 pm »
Heh nice MK pic ... and a bit off topic but is that the Big Boss Man in your avatar? If so, thats epic.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »
No cheesy "we're all friends here!" post yet?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »
HAD TO DO IT!!!

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 06:00:15 pm »
We're all friends here!

Also, have you tried out the "compare" feature yet? http://vgcollect.com/compare

I'm wondering if there's a way to show which items me and the other member *don't* have in common - is that too much to ask?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »
I claim being Chandler!

starbronze21

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »
Heh nice MK pic ... and a bit off topic but is that the Big Boss Man in your avatar? If so, thats epic.

I'm glad someone actually noticed!!! Yes, that is the Big Boss Man. :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

starbronze21

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »
I could see a simple list working. But we've really wanted to try to keep away from a lot of social networking things and focus mainly on being the best video game database we can be. Of course, in the end it's all Matt's call anyway.

Well okay, I see where you're coming from. Thanks for at least looking at this. :)

soera

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »

I miss the time of the WWF (Screw the WWE, it will forever be the WWF) when it had people like this. You would get ready for a 2 hour show and watch 2 hours of wrestling. Stuff like Saturday nights main event and what not. Now, its 2 hour show with 30 minutes of wrestling and 90 minutes of bullshit drama and overly fake crap. All the fake junk is what caused me to start watching UFC over it.

starbronze21

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:22 pm »

I miss the time of the WWF (Screw the WWE, it will forever be the WWF) when it had people like this. You would get ready for a 2 hour show and watch 2 hours of wrestling. Stuff like Saturday nights main event and what not. Now, its 2 hour show with 30 minutes of wrestling and 90 minutes of bullshit drama and overly fake crap. All the fake junk is what caused me to start watching UFC over it.

Hehe, I was barely around for most of the WWF, but I was born in time for the Attitude Era. :)
Yes I agree with you WWF forever!! :D

I actually looked at a lot of stuff from the WWF and it looks SO much better then the WWE stuff I watched, and you are totally right about the drama pumped WWE, it sucks, almost no "real" wrestling.

Well thank you for knowing who the Big Boss Man is, that made my day. :)

soera

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 08:21:35 pm »
Heh I grew up during the time where Hulk Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for the title and became the most famous wrestler. Junkyard Dog, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Koko B Ware, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Nickolai Volkov, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Ultimate Warrior, 4 Horsemen, the Von Erichs, etc. Wrestling used to be awesome ... now its just a joke mostly. :(

starbronze21

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 08:26:36 pm »
Heh I grew up during the time where Hulk Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for the title and became the most famous wrestler. Junkyard Dog, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Koko B Ware, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man, Nickolai Volkov, Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Ultimate Warrior, 4 Horsemen, the Von Erichs, etc. Wrestling used to be awesome ... now its just a joke mostly. :(

Wow, you're lucky, I heard those guys were awesome. I envy you man, your wrestling is so much better. :)
True it's mostly a joke now, I watch it from time to time, but I just can't get into it. :/

jcalder8

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:22 pm »
Friends?

Brother, I thought we were all brothers here brother!

I too miss the good old days of wrestling :(