Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91693 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2015, 01:19:13 pm »
This made me laugh:

doafan

« Reply #211 on: December 23, 2015, 06:32:38 pm »
It's like a battle of wanting to push Wyatt's, because it's a good team with crap motivations, but they also want to do something with the "Extreme" guys, but they don't know what to do with them in any way other than getting mostly just stomped by the Wyatts.

I heard from a buddy that they want they Hardy's back to WWE since their contracts are about to expire this next February with the TNA don't know if it is true but indeed is a good idea since  Christian and Edge are already at the company so really want to believe that they are trying to revive the Tables, Ladders and Chairs battles, this is to damn good to be true but unfortunately Jeff will go to a knee surgery where it seems that he can't be as extreme as he was  :'(

This made me laugh:

Pure true, where the hell was this one posted, don't tell me that a WWE event  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2015, 09:26:17 pm »

I'm attempting to watch all the WCW Nitros in order, since WWE Network has them in order (at least until spring 1998, hopefully by the time I get there, there will be more).

And I'm reminded at how incredibly terrible Steve "Mongo" McMichaels was at broadcasting. How did he EVER get that job. There are times when he and Bobby Heenan are trying to take jabs at each other (like Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon used to do), but McMichaels just can't do it. He sounds like a 5-year old trying to call you a stupid-head and can't even accomplish that much. And when he's trying to do play-by-play, the guy is still screaming (yes screaming) about what happened 10 minutes ago and Bischoff is trying to move on without getting annoyed.
...and that stupid dog.

I say a lot about how terrible Michael Cole is. But I'd take him in a heartbeat over McMichaels. It almost makes me want to skip ahead to mid-96 when he stopped announcing...almost.

doafan

« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2015, 05:22:33 pm »
It seems that the latest matches of Kevin Owens has been quite interesting these past two weeks, need to borrow a copy of these but without a doubt the triple threat match from this past 22 one against Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler has to be the first one also the one against Neville it appears to be pretty good, and am not talking about the match am talking about what happened after the 1,2,3 count  ;D

« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2015, 06:36:23 pm »
Man, I love it when wrestlers go nuts with taking hits like that lol

« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2016, 04:13:53 am »
I realized that it's been almost exactly a year since I got back into wrestling, primarily because of Wrestling Kingdom 9.  Now with Wrestling Kingdom 10 done and I just watched it, we once again have what I feel is like some of the best wrestling you could see.  WWE wishes it could be half this good.  They might have better production, and better refs (Holy crap, must've been a dozen times I see the ref going for the 3 count and visibly holding back lol), but the wrestling was incredible in practically every single match.  The best things we might see in NXT and especially on regular WWE are commonplace in New Japan and ROH apparently.  Sometimes big moments hit like what we saw in the tag team match at TLC abit ago with the Uso's and Dragon's, but I saw so many crazy moves at Wrestling Kingdom 10.

Even matches that weren't the greatest, were still great.  Like one match was mostly a striker match, lots of holds and punches, but there was an incredible dynamic of who could take the hits better, purposefully switching to take the same hits they give, to prove they were stronger.  The hits these guys take.  You can certainly tell when guys were taking some real hits.

I mean holy crap, Nakamura's knees!
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CX6a3OFW8AEwP9z.mp4

Also I really love the Japanese crowds.  American crowds are obnoxious as shit with their love of chanting random crap.  Japanese crowds are maybe abit too subdued at times, but you can really feel their excitement build from beginning to end as the matches increase in popularity.  Also rather than chanting constantly, they get louder when the approve of quality moves or moments.

New Japan seems pretty cool.

*EDIT*
Word is, that AJ Styles, Gallows, Anderson, and THE KING OF STRONG STYLE NAKAMURA, might be heading to WWE.  Apparently this is a huge get.  After watching AJ Styles fight Nakamura at Wrestle Kingdom, I'm all over this.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/1/4/10712392/njpw-bullet-club-aj-styles-shinsuke-nakamura-wwe-signing-notice-new-japan
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:00:09 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2016, 05:14:08 pm »
WWE wish to be at least good and am not kidding have been seeing a lot of Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla where both companies even when they don't  have nothing better to offer their matches are pretty damn good, it remind me a lot those matches that I used to watch when I was a kid, spent all my Sunday mornings watching Mexican wrestling (damn how much miss those days) and a lot of those matches trust me are better than the actual ones that the WWE is giving us, of course there are a couple of exceptions right now but with the damn PG restriction and the bad writers that they have has it seems that the company will not be the same for a long while anyway and since you where talking about better refs this is one that you need to see in action, check his reactions specially from the minute 15:06 but without a doubt the one at 15:45 is the fucking best one of all, enjoy the full match with some pop corns and a cool beer cause the whole match is worth it  ;)

Super Dragon & Excalibur vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

By the way am glad to see another Nakamura's fan around here, this mothafucka has some pretty good matches and those knees are pure gold, really hope that he have an outstanding insure over them just like J-lo's has one for that big ass cause those knees everything to him, started to hear of him first in a match against Kurt Angle, then with Brock Lesnar and finally with Kevin Steen if he and Aj Styles are coming to WWE greatest things will happen in a near future.

« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »
The King of Strong Style won me over last year when I first saw him.  Just lots of character and pretty intense.

*EDIT*
While still not technically confirmation, the WWE website is acknowledging the talk about those guys coming to WWE, which seems to me to mostly be confirmation since WWE has no reason to comment on this if it wasn't true and they are just trying to play up the hype lol

http://www.wwe.com/inside/are-aj-styles-shinsuke-nakamura-karl-anderson-doc-gallows-coming-to-wwe-28508549

Oh man, reading a tweet, it got me excited to see possible fights like Nakamura/Rollins...Nakamura/Bryan (if he returns, which I hope he does)...Styles/Balor...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 07:19:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2016, 06:07:16 am »
A year on back into wrestling now and after WK10, I think I'm starting to notice more often when things are doing REALLY good in WWE.  With RAW this week, you see people like Del Rio, just freaking nailing hits and making it look and sound like they connect.  I'm taking a liking to him abit more lately.  Neville is another who I've felt has kinda come out swinging more too as he was abit formulaic when he debuted on the main show, because man he can sell hits like nobodies business alongside his great high flying moves.  That big clothesline backflip from last time, this week he took a rope dropped DDT directly on the head, which he basically rolls body straight into a fall that LOOKS fantastic.

Then you watch Charlotte and Becky and go...what the hell.  Weren't these two kind of big deals in NXT? Charlotte at least, I know Becky is abit newer to it for the most part, but man I don't think I've seen a slower, more telegraphed match lately.

It's also why I think people hate Cena so much, for reasons beyond just him being a boring, mostly, babyface, it's that he can't sell anything.  His reactions to hits are dull and stiff, and his move execution is equally as stiff most of the time.  The STF hold he does might be one of the worst grabs in the WWE right now, mostly because he doesn't grab anything, he just kinda pulls the leg up and squeezes his arms around the guys face, though I've seen shots of him doing a proper headlock, but certainly not lately.

It's not like I'm expecting Cena to go all "Ziggler" with spazzing out (Though straight up, I'll take exaggerated over stiff ANY day, sell your hits like you couldn't sell harder lol), but if the hits don't feel like they are connecting and they don't feel like your dishing them out, then what are we watching here?

doafan

« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:23 pm »
Damn thing are getting pretty interesting for Roman Reigns, just saw this past RAW show and the latest comment of Vince is pure gold: It's my duty to inform you that the next time you defend that championship it will be at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View, it will be you defending your championship against 29 other man at the Royal Rumble match, as far as I remember this have never happened in this event so really want to see he if he might me able to retain the belt by itself or if he will gonna receive the help of some wrestlers

At this moment there are no official matches schedules for the Royal Rumble but here is the current list of the main event: Roman Reigns, Big Show, Curtis Axel, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho and Ryback hope that at least Kevin Owens can make it too and maybe (but I really don't believe this one can be true ) we can see Dean Ambrose of course if he don't have an Intercontinental Championship match with somebody else

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2016, 01:12:57 pm »
I was just talking with a buddy about A.J. Styles coming to WWE and the Royal Rumble. And the rumors of Rock coming back for another WrestleMania.

As unlikely as this scenario is: How awesome would it be if either Rock or A.J. Syles won the Rumble, and we got The Rock vs. A.J. Styles as the headliner for WrestleMania? I would order that in a heartbeat for that match alone.

doafan

« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2016, 11:09:11 am »
I was just talking with a buddy about A.J. Styles coming to WWE and the Royal Rumble. And the rumors of Rock coming back for another WrestleMania.

Since Cena had some injuries in his right shoulder and will be in recovery for a couple of months the rumors of Dwayne Johnson coming back in action sounds better but there are also some rumors that maybe Triple HHH is gonna make his appearance at the Rumble to take vengeance on Reigns hope that this doesn't became true.

As unlikely as this scenario is: How awesome would it be if either Rock or A.J. Syles won the Rumble, and we got The Rock vs. A.J. Styles as the headliner for WrestleMania? I would order that in a heartbeat for that match alone.

A.J. Styles winning the Rumble sounds so fucking cool but as far as I know by that date he still needs to end his contract with NJPW so we might not gonna see this happen, would I'll love to see Kevin vs The Rock since Owens is his fan  ;D

« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2016, 06:59:22 pm »
Kinda really excited for the possibility of Nakamura related stuff, so does anyone have any good matches worth checking out? I've seen Wrestle Kingdom 9 and 10, so should I just keep going backwards in the WK events? 9 and 10 were amazing, some of the best PPV stuff I've seen, so I figure it might be worth doing.

Also Owens in a recent interview said he's really excited for Nakamura maybe showing up, having fought him once before WWE.  That would be killer to see Owens go all out against Nakamura.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:02:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2016, 11:32:02 am »
Also Owens in a recent interview said he's really excited for Nakamura maybe showing up, having fought him once before WWE.  That would be killer to see Owens go all out against Nakamura.

Damn you won me the post, saw it yesterday and am gonna leave it here, guess that is the same that you saw  ;D

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2016, 09:16:26 pm »
I wish they did more with Stardust.  I love the gimmick and they sorta had a few things going on with him with Neville and the comic villain angle, but I feel like they should do a lot more with the crazy aspect.  Attacking backstage, screwing with matches, even if I'm not sure what the end goal of it would be and who he should make a feud with it to maximize the chaos.  Honestly, if Ambrose wasn't basically a good guy and Stardust a bad guy, I think it would be great to get them teaming together and causing havoc lol

The Bowie tribute paint was a nice touch tonight.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:19:45 pm by kamikazekeeg »