Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91069 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2016, 03:41:02 am »
Women's Royal Rumble on NXT last night.  I can't remember the last time I ever saw that.  Asuka really was the fan favorite and still continues to be mine on NXT. Not speaking much English works in her favor, so she says little and her personality mostly just comes down to acting and looking diabolical, which is awesome lol

doafan

« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »
A couple of matches has been announced these past days so at this moment is something the list is this one also it's official that Roman Reigns will be the first man to enter at the ring, kinda lame the way the did it but I don't care, just want to see the event.

Royal Rumble Match: 30 man Royal Rumble match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens: Last Man Standing match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Alberto Del Rio vs. Kalisto: Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch: Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso): Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

At one wrestling page from Mexico that I follow they got a couple of theories of those wrestlers that might appear at the main event, the first of all is The Rock don't want to have him back at the WWE but indeed it will be an awesome support to Reigns or at least for The Usos, the second at the list of possible appearances and the one that I want the most is AJ Styles really hope that this became true and the last one is Shawn Michaels, has been a couple of years since his last perfomance so his appearance at least for me it wouldn't be bad  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2016, 03:03:30 pm »
Eh, I feel this has the potential to be a poor Rumble, which is weird as initially I was kinda excited for it at first.  I can't see them having Reigns lose the belt so fast already, which means he's almost guaranteed to win the Rumble.  Maybe I'm wrong and they are gonna give it to someone else so that Reigns can win it back at Wrestlemania, but that feels like too much of a repeat of Wrestlemania last year with that.  I'm still going to watch this one, but I'm worried they aren't going to handle this right like WWE tends to do.  Maybe I'm wrong and something happens to make this interesting.

I feel like we'll see New Day lose the belts in this one.  I've grown to like them, but they've had too many cheap wins for awhile and I think it's time to freshen things up.  Get some new champs in there, and then have New Day go wild on people.

Not sure on Owens and Ambrose.  This one has more leeway, in that the belt can change fairly often, so I could see it switch back to Owens perhaps.  We'll see. 

I'm liking Kalisto a lot more lately and I'm hoping this is a pretty good match.  Would be cool if he stuck around as the US Champ for now.

Not sure if I have much of anything for Michaels.  He hasn't wrestled in about 6 years and I don't know if he has it anymore.  I just read this, which says while WWE wants him back, he doesn't want to wrestle again.  Seems he'll do small bits, like last years Wrestlemania as a run in, but that's it.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/1/18/10787608/ric-flair-wwe-wants-shawn-michaels-royal-rumble-2016
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:14:17 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:33 am »
Also, this is why Asuka quickly became a favorite of mine.  This is a nuts counter lol

https://twitter.com/WWEJLSter/status/689292685161709569

doafan

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »
Holly shit, that was fast to damn fast anyway a new match has been announced to the main event and this one is a Fatal four-way tag team match for entry in the Royal Rumble match Darren Young and Damien Sandow vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. Mark Henry and Jack Swagger was starting to worry about the fact that i might not going to see the Dudley's at the Rumble  ;D

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »
This is such a random match lol Ascension and Dudleys make sense, but Swagger and Henry? Sandow and Young? Real slapped together to me I guess, but could be fun.  It's great seeing a grouping that isn't just the same over used people.  It was getting dull watching The Dudley's get their ass beat routinely by The Wyatts.

doafan

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2016, 04:19:49 pm »
Now that you mentioned The Wyatts do you ever notice you never see Bray Wyatt and Husky Harris in the same place ? also this mothafucka seems to be related to Chumlee, am just saying  ;D

« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »
LOL I didn't know Bray had another gimmick before this or that his younger brother is Bo Dallas lol Or that his father was IRS from the earlier days of WWE! Interesting to see this stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2016, 07:55:19 pm »
Nexus! One of the few really cool things WWE did in the PG-Era.

« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2016, 10:33:54 pm »
Is there somewhere to watch the New Japan English broadcast that is supposed to be on AXS TV? I really want to see more New Japan, but that tv station isn't available where I live.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2016, 12:02:34 pm »
AJ Styles is in at WWE!!! And now rumors are swirling of Austin Aries coming in! Oh hell yeah!

doafan

« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
AJ Styles is in at WWE!!! And now rumors are swirling of Austin Aries coming in! Oh hell yeah!

Need the source of this one to show my buddy here at the office that I was right, also it kinda amuse me that at this moment the list of participants for the main events have only 18 confirmed wrestlers: Big Show, Curtis Axel, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Stardust, Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Big E, Xavier Woods, Kickoff match winner #1  and Kickoff match winner # 2 that leaves 12 possible special guests, want to believe that Nakamura and Styles still can make it to the Royal Rumble  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2016, 03:43:36 pm »

« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »
NXT tonight is supposed to be having a big surprise happening (I didn't know it was originally filmed on Friday's and then posted on Wednesday online).  Since Styles and Nakamura are the big hitters that could get a main show debut, very possibly a Royal Rumble showing, I'm guessing this one could be for any other guys showing up.

doafan

« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:54 pm »
Here you go about AJ Styles:

http://news.yahoo.com/aj-styles-explained-why-going-161507013.html

Thanks dude  ;)

NXT tonight is supposed to be having a big surprise happening (I didn't know it was originally filmed on Friday's and then posted on Wednesday online).  Since Styles and Nakamura are the big hitters that could get a main show debut, very possibly a Royal Rumble showing, I'm guessing this one could be for any other guys showing up.

I hope they don't show up at NXT and make their first appearance at the Royal Rumble  :'(