Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91646 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2016, 07:27:24 pm »
I hope they don't show up at NXT and make their first appearance at the Royal Rumble  :'(

That's what I meant, in that it's far more likely that Styles and Nakamura could should up at like the Rumble (maybe not Nakamura to me), or even something else that's bigger like a surprise match at Wrestlemania or other PPV show or like the Raw after the Rumble.

Looks like it could be Austin Aries showing up at NXT, being reported backstage, but that might not mean showing tonight.  I don't know this guy myself, so this isn't anything for me, but apparently enough to be a big deal to some.  I was thinking that maybe Gallows or Anderson are the other possible showings at NXT.

« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2016, 01:56:05 am »
Weirdly hyped and slightly not hyped for the Rumble today.  I got some drinks, I'm gonna get some food, and I'll be ready for whatever comes.  It's either going to be an amazing event, or it'll be what is expected, in that somehow Reigns wins and while I'm fine with him being champ now, it just doesn't seem like anything super great for an outcome.  Even if it ended with like Styles, Nakamura, Reigns, and like Brock Lesnar in the final four, its still a Reigns end and somewhat sours a debute of someone. 

I loved someones random idea that Reigns actually gets tossed out early on, like way early, which then turns the Rumble into a mad dash for EVERYONE to try and get the belt lol It's unrealistic to toss him out on his ass like that, but it would be amazing.

*EDIT*
Interesting to see WWE playing up rumors stuff on their channel lol
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFTSO6lMY8[/youtube]

From how bad Rollins injury sounded to be, I don't expect him to show up until at least Wrestlemania or maybe right before that.  Bryan apparently has been struggling to get cleared and it would be great to see him back.  I barely saw him before he was taken off the roster and was someone I liked.  I feel like Sting and Bryan are realistic possibilities.  Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Austin show back up, but I can't imagine he would.  I believe he had some pretty serious physical issues that would keep him from wrestling and those injuries don't get better at that point.  Interestingly Goldberg made a 2015 appearance for some wrestling event where he speared Scott Steiner, so that's a possibility.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:11:08 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »
[HypeModeON] Am also ready for tonight's event but I'll enjoy the show with 2 pizzas and 48 hot wings, made my food order by phone this morning also had a bet with my wife at the match of Ambrose vs Owens, guess that don't have to say who is my favorite anyway here are my predictions for this Royal Rumble:

- Fatal Four-Way Tag Team The Dudley Boyz: We totaly need them at the main event, hope that this match can be the first one.
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Kevin Owens: My wife is gonna cock me whatever I want this next week so am hoping that this fat ass won this match also am really hoping to see him at the main event, don't remember in which interview Ambrose said that he will be at the Rumble guess that he will gonna give a hand to his buddy Reigns.
- WWE Divas Championship Becky Lynch: A match that I'll use to go to the bathroom and fill my plate again with more food
- WWE Tag Team Championship The Usos: Already tired of the New Day we need new champions and we need them tonight.
- WWE United States Championship Kalisto: Didn't knew that they have personal issues in real life, so screw Alberto.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Roman Reigns: If a ghost was able to won the Royal Rumble event this past 2004 and even better to throw the Big Show ring out why the hell Reigns won't we gonna able to won this one, he's gonna receive help and I can assure it.

About the wrestlers that are going to make a special entrance I only can mention the following five: The Rock, Goldberg, Kane, AJ Stylez and Triple H, Hunter ?, yes there is a big rumor in Mexico about the big nose dude to be part of the event and to be also one of the last ones, hope that this doesn't became true. [/HypeModeOn]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:31:27 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »
Someone said there are still 12 open spots (really 11, since Styles is pretty much a known at this point). So there's a LOT of room for surprise entrants too.

With that many possible surprises, this should be a helluva Rumble! Every 90 seconds there's something to get excited about! If those Goldberg and Austin Aries rumors are true, I can't wait! Styles is already enough for me to tune in live, today.

« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2016, 03:05:28 pm »
- Fatal Four-Way Tag Team The Dudley Boyz: Yeah I think the Dudley Boyz need a win.  They've been getting trashed what seems constantly in their big feuds, a lot of it seemingly to keep the Wyatts hype rolling, so this would make sense I feel.
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Kevin Owens: They've really been building things back up for Owens and I could see him taking it back, even if it wasn't very long for Ambrose, then again I don't think Ryback had it for a super long time either, so maybe we will see it come back to him to get him up there, cause there's a lot of fan hype for the guy still.
- WWE Divas Championship Becky Lynch: I agree with the win, and I'll likely do the same with the bathroom break.  It's sad, but the last match I saw with Becky and Charlotte like two weeks ago was awful.  I know they are both better wrestlers, but I expecting nothing here.  I always feel bad that Diva matches have become the universal "bathroom break" for people, but that's just how it is on the main roster.  It's nothing compared to what goes on at NXT.
- WWE Tag Team Championship The Usos: I think New Day is great, but yes, it's time for them to lose the belt.  They need something new and more jokes isn't it.  I think things have been building nicely for the Uso's after coming back and after winning at the Slammies, it seems right for them to get the belt.
- WWE United States Championship Kalisto: Didn't know they had issues either, but I absolutely want to see Kalisto win, because I think he's a lot of fun to watch.  Plus the "underdog" short guy versus the "bad guy" big guy is a good fight for the underdog to win lol
WWE World Heavyweight Championship ?: Had to wonder what you were talking about, then I realized who won the 2004 rumble...oof...I'm still unsure about this rumble.  It makes sense that Roman wins, that is the safe bet.  I hadn't thought of him getting help, but that absolutely makes sense too. I want to slightly counter this with the idea that the WWE can't play it to safe these days.  They've had some reasonably low ratings lately, which is why I think things shifted in such a big way lately, with McMahon coming back to prominence and all these new wrestlers starting to show up (Very much so because of all the injuries too I think), and Reigns even getting the title after losing it from Sheamus.  I feel like Reigns could lose it still, but we'll see.  I'm hoping there's a big surprise more than just the new people showing up.

Lets keep the leaks out of here too for the rest of the night.  Luckily it's just like 3 of us here discussing things, and Styles was too big of a possibility to show up, but I'm sure stuff will start to show up soon and I want this Rumble to be awesome and shocking.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:09:14 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2016, 03:11:33 pm »
It sounds like Nakamura is not gonna make it in time for the Rumble, from all the reports I've been seeing. I personally know very little about the guy, but the hype train for the guy is going off the rails.

« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »
It sounds like Nakamura is not gonna make it in time for the Rumble, from all the reports I've been seeing. I personally know very little about the guy, but the hype train for the guy is going off the rails.

I've only seen two matches with Nakamura, the last two Wrestle Kingdoms, but definitely go watch those if you can.  Those got me crazy hyped for Nakamura.  He just has a lot of style and character to him.  Wrestling wise, he reminds me a good bit of Rollins, especially with all the knees and kicks.

But yeah I expect Nakamura to show up abit later.  Spread out the hype.  Styles coming in at the Rumble and then Nakamura maybe at an event before Wrestlemania.

Also Nakamura has a great theme lol

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:24:37 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2016, 06:29:15 pm »
Half-hour until we begin...

« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2016, 06:48:00 pm »
Half-hour until we begin...

I just had to get some pizza, I got myself some rum and coke, and I'm passing time by watching OSW Review's go at Royal Rumble '92.  If you love wrestling, they are great to listen/watch.

*EDIT*
I just saw a recap of past Rumbles and apparently Roman won last year? I feel like it would be too much for Roman to not only keep his belt with this, start at number 1 and get through everyone, and then become a two time winner in a row.  Again, Reigns winning is a safe bet, but I feel like he might lose.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:50:19 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:30 pm »
I haven't watched Raw lately but I'm watching the Royal Rumble right now, hoping for a Daniel Bryan return tonight.

« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2016, 08:30:39 pm »
Sorry, Doafan...It's still not Owens time lol

Okay, so far we've been pretty wrong.  Now I don't know what it is going to happen.

Kalisto got it.  A good match, though sadly had a couple flubs.  Weren't match ruining though.

Eh, more Flair shenanigans.  When it happens so often, to then have it be how she seems to win most of the time, it just gets dull.  Sorta the same with New Day also.

And now Styles is in at #3! It begins!  Even if Reigns wins, I want AJ to make it to the end.  I swear, the fans are going to riot when Styles gets knocked out lol R Truth is always good for a laugh lol

The big downside of having a story going on in the Rumble, is that it ends up being about a story instead of the Rumble.  This is one way to keep Roman out for abit.  But it's pretty cheap since they'll just bring him back at the end to win.  Styles was in there quite awhile, I thought he could go pretty far, but it was just a debut and he had some good spots to show what he has.  Zayn! Guess he's maybe getting moved up here soon.  All of these Wyatts in the match is kinda lame cause it's obvious they are gonna clear house.  Unless THE BEAST can tear it up here...Which Brock can lol

I know it's Brock, but really? The two guys who won a trip to the Rumble at the start are chucked out RIGHT AWAY?  Henry chucked out by the Wyatts and Swagger just gone.

I don't know what is going on anymore.  All the Wyatts other than Bray gone? That's what the buildup was? Oh right, no DQ in a rumble.  Glad Brock is out of this, didn't want him winning anyways.

Sadly no Daniel Bryan, but HHH is the last guy.

Holy shit, they actually did it.  Romans knocked out! Amrbose versus HHH!  I can't see how Ambrose wins, he's supposed to be wrecked from earlier and the Authority getting the championship is more obvious story...then again...Ambrose as both IC and WHC?  And it's HHH...Hrmm...not sure.  Might make for better story stuff up to Wrestlemania.

Overall, pretty good show other than the Diva's event and some flubs in Rio vs Kalisto.  I just really hope Wrestlemania isn't going to end up being Reigns vs HHH. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:02:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #251 on: January 25, 2016, 01:01:25 pm »
So, what was everyone's thoughts on the Rumble?

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

LOVED the match between Ambrose and Owens. That was mass chaos; chairs and tables everywhere! And I loved the two-table ending!

The Rumble itself was a lot of fun. I know people will be pissed about HHH winning it. But he was in top-form last night. That was The Game, as if he never skipped a beat from the Ruthless Aggression era. And it makes sense. Ambrose is out on injury. Lesnar was uncontrollable. And no one in The League of Nations is WWE Champion material. So storywise, it would make sense for The Authority to just decide to take matters into their own hands.

It was fantastic to see AJ Styles not only in the Rumble, but he also lasted a good while in there. Jericho lasted almost to the end, which was cool, as he's always been a favorite of mine. Lesnar being eliminated by the already eliminated (except Wyatt) Wyatt family was pretty freaking lame, I thought.

And I'm VERY glad Reigns didn't win it. It would have been stupid for him to be out of the match for 3/4 of the match just to come back and win it.

« Reply #252 on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:31 pm »
I enjoyed the PPV except for the winner of the Royal Rumble.

This just basically confirms that Roman Reigns will win a match at Fastlane that grants him a title shot against Triple H in the main even at WrestleMania and he will most likely win.

doafan

« Reply #253 on: January 25, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
Sorry, Doafan...It's still not Owens time lol

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Damn it, but am still not gonna remove my avatar and signature, was so sure that KO would won the belt again, my wife saw the entire match at my side only because of the bet that we had now I have to paid her the most expensive tacos that you would ever taste, jezz Kevin you owe me a big one, anyways the match at my opinion was the best of the event and am happy that it was one the first one, at least the first one to be aired cause the Fatal Four Way wasn't.

WWE Tag Team Championship: My wife left the room after the first one but my daughter came to see the event with me, the match was good enough at this point started with the pizza and the wings, even when I don't want to admit it Xavier is a part important of this team, guess that they well lost the titles when this mothafucka is not near them.

WWE United States Championship: Totally knew it, in fact this was the only prediction that I made right, have to admit that Kalisto did a lot of mistakes at this match, guess that he was nervous but indeed it was a good fight, dunno why but got the feeling that some of Alberto's moves weren't fake, now let's see how many time will he wear the belt.

WWE Divas Championship: Went to the bathroom to threw some shit just to came to the room and see more shit again, can't believe that the ref never did anything about Rick Flair, come on every other ref would be sent him outta the ring or at least canceled the match, at least the ending was fair enough am and very pleased to saw Sasha kicking Charlotte's butt.

About the main event three of the five wrestlers that I predicted did their appearances, was almost screaming when AJ Styles was the number three but was most excited when Owens throw him out, my daughter asked me why the hell are you screaming at this point both my kid and my wife known that he is my favorite one but when El Generico I mean Sami Zain was announced totally knew that he will go for Kevin first, can't wait to see him at the roster, the event was good enough, my wife came to the room a couple of time to shut me up, for a moment got the idea that Jericho was to became the last one man on the ring also didn't saw when he throw Kofi Kingston outside the ring, R-Thruth was the most funniest of all of them, saw this one at Spanish and the commentators where laughing saying that the first thing that he will make was to get a ladder and that's exactly what he did, The Miz wasn't that stupid staying outside the ring for a while but we all knew that he will be thrown immediately, what the Wyatt Family did to Lesnar was  the worst part and he was pissed off guess that there was no other way to take him out or if am wrong please explain me how the hell can they take out the beast, am very disappointed about the performance of Mark Henry and Jack Swagger both of them practically didn't did nothing, about the last man the rumors at the page that I mentioned before where true, damn guess that am gonna read their articles more often, need to see tonight's RAW show to see what happens next.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »
WWEkids sucks.