Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91125 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2016, 02:28:54 am »
WWE could have a show that is just The Rock walking around backstage, talking with people in long shots, and it would be the best thing ever lol I know he's only gonna be around for special moments up till Wrestlemania and then whatever he does in Wrestlemania, but it'll be great to have him around.  No one is nearly as charismatic and quick on the mic as him anymore, though I think it was great having him interact with the New Day, who are usually pretty entertaining.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2016, 12:39:24 pm »
New Day has jumped the shark. They aren't funny anymore. They've taken their antics to ridiculous levels. Rock needs someone better to interact with.

I would LOVE to see a HHH vs. Rock rematch. Their rivalry was legendary. And their matches were brutal!

« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »
IT'S HAPPENING!

Nakamura is going to debut at Takeover Dallas on April 1, same weekend as Wrestlemania! He'll be battling Sami Zayn!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/668001-breaking-news-shinsuke-nakamura-to-make-nxt-in-ring-debut-at-takeover-dallas-who-will-nakamura-face

« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2016, 12:38:28 pm »
New Day has jumped the shark. They aren't funny anymore. They've taken their antics to ridiculous levels. Rock needs someone better to interact with.

I would LOVE to see a HHH vs. Rock rematch. Their rivalry was legendary. And their matches were brutal!
No and no.

« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:08 pm »
New Day are goofy, but they are basically the best personalities the WWE has right now lol They aren't 100% great all the time as some of their jokes flop, but overall, I've really grown to love them.  It's funny how awful they use to be like a year ago.

Of course they don't compare to the Rock who basically KILLED that last RAW, but no many are that disgustingly charismatic lol

And as much as I think a Rock vs HHH could be kinda neat, definitely not for Wrestlemania.  That belt needs to go to a regular guy since Rock is only part timing things right now

doafan

« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2016, 05:58:07 pm »

A friend at the office say's that The Rock still has a chance to reclaim the title so if the writers do things right we might gonna see this happen at Wrestlemania, still have my doubts about this but since the story is not right not at their best moment this idea will be the easy solution for those lazy writers.

Of course they don't compare to the Rock who basically KILLED that last RAW, but no many are that disgustingly charismatic lol

By the looks at Rock's eyes and by the way he said that they "Did That Exercises" it seems that he totally "killed" Lana that night at the Hotel, if you know what I mean, her expression when he mentioned the D.J. Mustache Ride totally got me, but the reaction of Rock when he saw Rusev was priceless  ;D

Nakamura is going to debut at Takeover Dallas on April 1, same weekend as Wrestlemania! He'll be battling Sami Zayn!

Are they fucking serious ?, come one Nakamura needs to be at the main roster like AJ Stylez so what the hell is he going to do at NXT and most important why against Sami Zayn anyway I have heard or read don't remember right now cause am at work that Sami and Samoa are finally going to be part of the WWE, don't know in which division but can't wait for this to happen also what the hell is Kevin Owens doing at RAW, if am not wrong he was part of Smackdown.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »
I think they are building up NXT to be bigger and Nakamura would certainly be part of that.  Zayne will likely move over to the main show sometime later this year, though not sure if Joe will.  He hasn't been in NXT long.  I think once Zayne heads over, the top guys will end up being like Nakamura, Balor, Joe, and I guess Corbin maybe?  I went to look at Hideo Itami who I never really saw because he got injured last year, but I guess he's cool, though he's having recovery issues that will be keeping him out for awhile longer.  It'll be pretty epic down the road for Nakamura and AJ Styles to replay Wrestle Kingdom 10 when they get onto the main roster together.

Reading up on NXT, it's very possible that Zayn will head over after his fight with Nakamura.  Nakamura would win, putting him over, and then Zayn goes to battle Owens.  Bayley is likely going to move up soon to, so good chance she'll drop the belt to Asuka, which I'm all for, and then move to the main roster, though I worry about what that does to her, but you know what...It'll be great having an another actually likable babyface in the Divas.  I noticed this the other day, but other than like Becky, all the other main roster female wrestlers are terrible people lol Charlotte, Paige, Banks, the Bellas, Alicia Fox, Naomi, Tamina...Natalie is another less regular I think, but she might at least not be heel? Not sure.  It's just annoying that there seems to be so little variety, so that would be great to have Bayley there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:12:00 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2016, 02:11:58 pm »
Aw man, if this doesn't turn out to be a kayfabe spin, Daniel Bryan could be leaving WWE, possibly even wrestling entirely.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/2/8/10938768/daniel-bryan-retires-announcement-wwe-raw

doafan

« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2016, 02:41:01 pm »
Well that's really a bad new I heard about it this morning at the office and am still hoping that this announcement it is some kind of strategy but it seems to be pretty pretty real to me, will gonna see the interview at Off the top rope with Coachman to see if it was for medical instructions but indeed it's a damn shame, in the other hand haven't been able to see the past Raw and Smackdown even when I already have a copy of these two shows but what I saw was the match between Rusev and Lesnar, still wonder way this one wasn't aired  ???

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2016, 04:54:16 pm »
Apparently he had a more thorough concussion test last week, which would show the extent of his damage, which means this is likely real that he's having to retire.  Apparently he turned down any other job at the company like announcer or just anything that doesn't involve wrestling, which sucks.  I wonder if he might reconsider at all, since his wife is Brie Bella who is still with the company.  Bad stuff.  Nikki Bella has the possibility of never returning to wrestling herself.

doafan

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2016, 05:11:54 pm »
Apparently he turned down any other job at the company like announcer or just anything that doesn't involve wrestling, which sucks.

Wow that sounds pretty bad and totally sucks if he doesn't want to have anything with the wrestling, practically he will have to start from zero in something that he might not like, he can work training the new wrestlers, podcast or anything else, just see Stone Cold or Edge, really hope that he can change his mind and be a little more positive about his future cause he still have it.

Nikki Bella has the possibility of never returning to wrestling herself

The new about her surgery took me by surprise and now this, can you tell me more about this but most important how the hell she got the neck problem ?

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »
The new about her surgery took me by surprise and now this, can you tell me more about this but most important how the hell she got the neck problem ?

All I know is that she had a herniated disk and her specific one was something that could very likely be career ending.  She'll still be out for like 3 or 4 months, but after that, it's unsure if she'll be physically able to continue wrestling.  I don't know if she got it any particular match or anything, it's just one of those that can happen.

*EDIT*
Not sure when he'll say more, but the WWE is doing special stuff, even showing past career moments for Bryan on Raw, so it looks like it's 100% that he'll be retiring.  Pretty bummed, I had hoped he would come back and I'd get to see him going up against Owens, Styles, and Nakamura.

Real heart tugger.  I'll have to go back and watch some of his old stuff as I just never got the chance to see much of him.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:27:42 pm by kamikazekeeg »

dointhangs

« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2016, 12:48:44 am »
Who here has seen a pay-per-view in person?

The WWF had one in Vancouver BC that I tried to get tickets for but they were sold out by the time I got through :(

I've seen Unforgiven 2006, Wrestlemania 23, Extreme Rules 2015

doafan

« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:04 pm »
Not sure when he'll say more, but the WWE is doing special stuff, even showing past career moments for Bryan on Raw, so it looks like it's 100% that he'll be retiring.  Pretty bummed, I had hoped he would come back and I'd get to see him going up against Owens, Styles, and Nakamura.

Being honest haven't seen the latest shows but I did saw the small fragment that the channel of the WWE uploaded it to Youtube and Bryan was totally sad, dunno how the hell he didn't cried in public if I were in his position definitely I would have cried a lot, people/ fans really love him and I do hope that he can re consider being part of the company, one way or another wrestling is his life and it would be a shame if he totally retires from what he loves  :'(

doafan

« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2016, 11:26:00 am »
Fastlane event is almost here so before it happens am gonna share the official list of matches and my impressions:

* WWE United States Championship - Two out of three falls match
Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio: don't remember the last time that I saw a match like this one at the WWE, am familiar with this kind of matches cause I used to saw wrestling all Sunday mornings and since both wrestlers are Mexicans guess that they will know how to develop a good match, really hope that Kalisto can retain the belt.
* WWE Divas Championship - Singles match
Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Brie Bella: don't have to say what am gonna do when this match occurs but I do want that Brie can win this one but most important want to see Daniel Bryan celebrating with her if she is able to win this match.
* Tag team match
Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina): Since this i s a non belts match really don't understand what the hell they put it anyway am not gonna see it, barely know who the ladies are and what's the story behind it but am pretty sure that I won't gonna like it.
* Six-man tag team match
Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman) (with Bray Wyatt): no belts here too but really want to see a full match between them, to bad that it is a six-man instead of a eight-match, why ?, because am pretty damn sure that Bray is gonna help his family members one way or another, anyway want to see the Titans as the winners of this match.
* Singles match
AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
: I should be more happy for this match but it appears that AJ it's Jericho exclusive wrestler also there are no belts here so what's the purpose of this one ?, just a personal and third match between this two, I do want to see Styles fighting another wrestlers (The Miz doesn't count) with different skills, weight or size, Jericho in my opinion is pure lame.
* WWE Intercontinental Championship - Singles match
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler: without a doubt this is the first reason why I'm gonna watch the event, K.O has just recently won the belt so I don't believe that he is gonna lose it so fast, am pretty sure that my wife and my little girl will go the room to see this one with me, my wife doesn't like him and my little girl already know that am a big fan of this fat dude.
* Triple threat match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 32
Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
: my impression is that Ambrose will won, he need to finish that match that he started with HHH at the Royal Rumble, why ?, cause it will be a good idea to start a feud with his brother in arms Reigns that will be a good story also don't expect Lesnar and Triple H at Wrestlemania, it will be not fair for the champ.