Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91112 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »
Kalisto/Del Rio - Yeah I hope Kalisto can retain also.  He's really likable even if he's not the best on the mic.  I also hope after this that he can move on to fight other people.  Much like with Styles vs Jericho, I want to see them fighting other people lol

Charlotte/Bella - I don't really like the Bella's and it's kind of an interesting matchup with two heels, but could be cool to see Bella take it with more of the sympathy on her side with Daniel Bryan retiring.  Maybe they'll work her face after this since she needs something new to do with her sister laid up for months.

Womens Tag Team - I'm kinda hoping for something good with this.  Becky and Sasha are good wrestlers, but I haven't seen a lot of great stuff lately in womens runs.  Hoping they can kinda inject some NXT freshness into things.

Big Guy Match - Interesting mixture that makes sense.  I'm kinda surprised it's not an 8 man setup also.  Should've been someone like Mark Henry in there for a fourth.  Could be something interesting here perhaps.

Styles/Jericho - I don't mind Jericho, but god damn yes this feud needs to move on.  I want Styles in there with like Neville, or Kalisto. Or Kevin Owens! This is the perfect time after KO with the belt (Did I miss when this happened? I forget lol), for Styles to start feuding with him with Styles working to get the IC belt.

Owens/Ziggler - Yeah this is one I just want Owens to win.  I don't hate Ziggler, but it's Owens and he should keep it so that Styles can fight over it.

Ambrose/Reigns/Lesnar - I'm way behind Ambrose on this.  He's not only been building up as a huge fan favorite, I think Reigns had has time for now as champion, and I think it would be awesome for Ambrose to get his chance at the belt, maybe even win it.  Then we'll see Rollins and Ambrose going at it after Rollins returns.  HHH having it is good heat, but if they want to keep the company moving forward, the newer guys have to keep it more often.

« Reply #271 on: February 21, 2016, 08:34:49 pm »
SPOILERS FOR FASTLANE

-Kalisto winning made sense and I thought it was a good match as usual.  Now I just want to see Kalisto start moving on to other people.

-Sasha/Becky/Naomi/Tamina was actually better than I thought.  They still sorta have a few problems with selling certain spots, but overall it was actually pretty good.  I enjoyed it which is more than I can say for a lot of WWE's diva matches lately.

-It was clear KO was gonna win, but it was still a good match.  A lot of hard hitting spots that looked good.  I think the best thing now is that Styles wins at Fastlane and then goes to work his way to try to fight for the IC belt at Wrestlemania against KO.  That would be great.

-Titans match was alright.  Bunch of big guys throwing folks around. 

-I like that Brie was showing support to her husband Bryan from the Yes chants to her wearing the same knee pads he wore from Wrestlemania 30.  Not sure if she's going face with this, but I'm cool with this being her direction.  Would be better than the bitchy mean girl she was with her sister before.  She can really work with it too with the sympathy she's getting because of Bryan and Nikki.  Sadly, her win didn't happen.  Bit of a bummer, but I think they are leaving it for Wrestlemania.

-Called this one right and man it was a good match.  Lots of good spots and Jericho, who can be abit on the sluggish side these days, did great.  They looked like they were wrecking themselves.  Really hoping Styles and KO is gonna happen now.

-Usually shenanigans like this New Day/Christian & Edge bit should be left to Raw, but they are great together lol

-Random match of Axel versus R Truth...Kay.  Though it does connect with that weird thing of Golddust wanting to join up with R Truth lol

-Shit.  Reigns won it.  I was really hoping it was gonna be Ambros.  Lots of fan backlash on this one, lots of boos.  Was a fun match, but everyone clearly wanted one of the other two.

*EDIT*
It's 100% official now, Nakamura is a part of WWE NXT.  I'm probably more excited for this than anything maybe going on at Wrestlemania lol

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/shinsuke-nakamura-signs-wwe-nxt?sf21301902=1
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:00:17 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »
Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio: was excited about this one but unfortunately it wasn't part of the main show, later that night I saw at the WWE Channel that this match was part of the Kickoff event so will gonna watch the show tonight after work, it's already at Youtube
Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina): ended watching this one when I was eating pizza and wings with my wife and was kinda surprised that actually it wasn't bad match, my wife ended loving Naomi shoes and now because of her need to know where the hell can I find ones for her.
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler: love the entire match and the results of this one of course, the only complain that I have about it's that I expected this match to be one of the latest ones, gotta love the "exclusive interview" and the fake plant.
Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman) (with Bray Wyatt): kinda surprised that Bray didn't did anything to help his family but even Kane took care of him, totally love it, am currently downloading my copy of the event to see a couple of things again and this part is one of them.
Charlotte (with Ric Flair) vs. Brie Bella: disappointed that Brie wasn't wearing a thong and that's all I can say about this match and the fact that Daniel Bryan didn't made an appearance at the event, really hope that he can consider the fact of being completely retired.
AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho: didn't watch this one because my wife came to the room and told me before the match started that she was about to go to the shower, it was more a suggestion to join her so that's the reason that I missed this one and I don't regret it  ;D
Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) : even when it was the main fight I don't like the results, predictable ?, yes but still I don't like it, now want to see tonight's Raw to see Lesnar reaction, well Paul's reaction cause the beast is not that good with the mic.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:44 pm »
 WrestleMania just got a whole lot less exciting with Roman Reigns winning. But the match to decide it, was awesome. They literally buried Lesnar, that was awesome!

And the IC title match, damn that was one helluva match. Ziggler is so underrated. Him and Owens gave a clinic out there!

Styles vs. Jericho was also awesome. Saw Jericho pull off some stuff I haven't seen from him in a while. And of course Styles was stellar out there.

Speaking of pulling stuff off, that battle of the titans match between the giants and Wyatt family was more exciting that I would have thought. Big guys pulling off some small-guy moves. Quite entertaining.

Hell, even the Divas match was good. Real wrestling going on there, not your average slap and kick fight we normally get in the Divas division.

All and all, a great PPV IMO, despite that shit ending.

« Reply #274 on: February 23, 2016, 04:21:56 pm »
So that was a surprise, Shane McMahon is back.  I was kinda cool with it, but apparently he's now fighting Undertaker at Wrestlemania for control of Raw, in a "Hell in a Cell" match.  Good story stuff, but I guess unless he's been training, I'm curious if this will really be anything "Wrestlemania" worthy.

Also, it's not just us that hates Reigns winning, the disgust was STRONG on Raw till Shane came in lol I have to wonder if they plan to screw over Reigns somehow at Wrestlemania.  Sure it'll be the second time for him in a row on Wrestlemania, but it's essentially "Smash Glass in Case of Emergency" button.  People didn't want him winning before, they don't want him winning now.  I saw something great that perhaps after Fastlane, Ambrose has had it with Reigns and it's them falling out to the point that Ambrose causes Reigns to lose to HHH or get disqualified.  Usually you want Wrestlemania for the big wins, but people really are tired of the Reigns push...AGAIN...for like the third or fourth time now.  It's like they do well building him back up to be liked, which happened when he properly won the belt, but since he lost it, no one wants him to get it again.  I think people are just tired of him and want other people making that push for the belt.

Forcing someone to be "THE GUY", doesn't work.  They kept doing it with Cena and now people really hate the guy.  Honestly...even if I hate to admit it, I might slightly like Cena more and this is a guy who I think doesn't sell for shit.  He's stiff and predicatable.  Roman has him beat I feel in that, he just looks better wrestling, but Roman doesn't have half the charisma Cena does.  Now if Reigns was more like his cousin, The Rock, having that magnetic personality he does, maybe things would be different.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:32:45 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #275 on: February 23, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »
Now that's how Raw is done! Damn that was a helluva show! It started off with a bang, it ended with a bang, and everything in-between was entertaining. I actually sat through the entire thing, in one sitting, eyes-glued to the screen.

I hope this is the beginning of a new WWE, and not just a one episode fluke.

Anyone else enjoy Raw as much as I did?

« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2016, 12:50:25 am »
Now that's how Raw is done! Damn that was a helluva show! It started off with a bang, it ended with a bang, and everything in-between was entertaining. I actually sat through the entire thing, in one sitting, eyes-glued to the screen.

I hope this is the beginning of a new WWE, and not just a one episode fluke.

Anyone else enjoy Raw as much as I did?

I haven't finished it, but I generally know what happened.  I'm kinda hoping this is them picking up steam towards Wrestlemania.  It was weak for abit last year till McMahon appeared again and kinda riled things up, now another McMahon comes in and riles it all up more.  Gotta like the admission of Raw not doing very great so I'm curious to see if they are trying to do a big creative push to get things sorted out.  The last time they pushed Reigns and it failed, they basically threw him under the bus for awhile and I'm kinda hoping they do the same here and make it so he loses at Wrestlemania again.

I'm kinda hoping that HHH wins it, Shane wins his match (It's the Undertaker...How? I don't know lol), and we get this big power struggle and then on Raw after that, Rollins returns and goes for a shot at the title and wins.  And then it isn't Rollins with HHH, Stephanie, and Vince, but Rollins sides with the man running Raw, making him Shanes boy.  League of Nations could still be with the Authority.  And maybe they do something new with Reigns as an outsider.

I don't think they need Reigns to go heel, they'll never do it like that, but have him go renegade.  Drop the walk down the steps entrance, drop the body armor vest in favor of just like...Shirtless or regular tank top or something, dropping the last remnants of the Shield...and have him become like Brock.  Just this guy is tired of all the crap and trashing everyone he's up against.  They tried to do that angle when he beat HHH and punched McMahon and the lead up to that, but it was so weakly done, because he was still the same guy.

doafan

« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2016, 11:34:37 am »
I'm kinda hoping that HHH wins it

Same here but if he won that will only probe that the storyline (at least in my personal opinion) is pure crap, it was predictable that HHH will won at Royal Rumble also it's lame that he was able to won the belt without doing practically nothing, sad but true, I had the idea that he only wants to be the main character and that's why I'll be at the main fight at Wrestlemania and that's all, don't see the game as a wrestler right now and being honest miss the old version of him, really hope that Ambrose appears at that match but not to help his friend, instead of this making Reings to lose by disqualification so that way they can start a feud, what about the belt ?, dunno why but the title doesn't mean everything for me right now it's kinda of a joke.

Shane wins his match (It's the Undertaker...How? I don't know lol

Wait, what ?, you have doubts about the skills of Mr. Money ...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2016, 12:58:30 pm »
^ Shane has had some of the coolest spots in wrestling history, the guy is insane. But he's still not a wrestler. While on the other hand, Undertaker is booked to be one of the strongest wrestlers in history. So to have Shane fight him, is kind of ridiculous. But I'll look past it, just because I'm happy he's back.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of ridiculous that Shane is facing Undertaker? Don't get me wrong, Shane being back is awesome, but still.

Yeah, Shane has competed before, but he's still not a wrestler. While on the other hand, Undertaker has been booked to be one of the most dominate wrestlers of all-time. This just feels like a completely lopsided battle and makes little sense.

Vince McMahon also competed before, despite not being a wrestler. But I can understand, due to his age, not wanting to do that again.
But then why not just have Shane nominate a wrestler to represent him the same way Vince has?
I'm hoping that it changes to this. If it does...who do you think should represent Shane?

There has been rumors all over that Goldberg is interested in returning for one final run. And who wouldn't want to see Goldberg vs. Undertaker? That would sell some tickets!

« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2016, 05:06:04 pm »
Shane looks pretty old.

« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2016, 06:43:55 pm »
Shane looks pretty old.

Abit, but I think he's actually younger or around the same age when his dad Vince was doing stuff in the ring back with Austin and such, and back then also, Shane was willing to do some ridiculous stuff as seen in that video when he was young, though it doesn't make him a wrestler lol Man, going back through those spots he did, he's done stuff that even wrestlers don't do anymore.  He was less of a wrestler and more of a stuntman lol

But yeah it's completely ridiculous that Shane is fighting the Undertaker, so I'm wondering how this is gonna go.  It's possible he's been training to handle at least some of a fight, but I could see him getting a replacement...despite all signs point to The Rock NOT fighting at Wrestlemania, so he's out.  The Goldberg rumor is now that he isn't going to fight either.  Not sure if there is anyone substantial enough on the roster for an Undertaker fight right now that people would like, so I think it has to be someone coming back for at least one more fight, just not sure who.

doafan

« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of ridiculous that Shane is facing Undertaker? Don't get me wrong, Shane being back is awesome, but still.

I do share your opinion but it's been a while since the last time I saw in of a match so really don't care if it is with Taker, Cena or Triple H, the thing is that he's back and can't wait to see if he still able to perform those insane jumps also his entrance song is one of my top 10 favorites, ♫ Here come the money ♫

Vince McMahon also competed before, despite not being a wrestler. But I can understand, due to his age, not wanting to do that again.
But then why not just have Shane nominate a wrestler to represent him the same way Vince has?
I'm hoping that it changes to this. If it does...who do you think should represent Shane?

Why not this little fella  ;D

« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2016, 01:08:33 am »
I like the tone shift we've been seeing.  Nikki Bella played as more of a face.  Ryback coming out to really be the "Big Guy", taking no shit, kinda reminding me of a Goldberg or Lesnar type which makes him far more intimidating.  Dudley Boys as the heels, though they still have some of their schtick going on and I feel if they were trying to downplay the "nostalgia", they'd try a new look, in kayfabe that is.  Big Show is face? Alrighty lol And HHH going nuts on Roman and Dean is kinda cool.  Combine that with Shane back and it makes for abit of freshness to the show that it hasn't had for awhile, especially since things felt like they were stagnating abit with all the injuries that have happened.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »
Last night wasn't quite as exciting as last week. But I like the continuation of the edgy-tone they are pushing. And Shane-O-Mac is back next week!

Undertaker's motivation for fighting Shane is quite weak, though. Just because Vince said-so? It seems his character should have a problem with that. But nope, he just walks out, basically says I'm going to tear him apart, and leaves. Yeah, great writing there.

I'm really liking the team Y2AJ. My guess is that The Dudleyz win the titles from New Day next week. And then we'll have The Dudleyz vs. Y2AJ at WrestleMania for the titles. We'll see...