Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91673 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2016, 11:30:16 am »
Nice surprise on Smackdown! Neville/Zayn vs Miz/Owens! Looks like this is Zayn coming into the main roster for sure now, likely the next Takeover before Wrestlemania his last big push on NXT.  Also go check out his last match against Samoa Joe on Wednesday.  Does this cool looking DDT on Joe through the corner ropes to the outside.

Since when the Miz started to team up with Owens ?, saw the preview of this match at the WWE channel at Youtube but appears that KO refused to fight with Sami, did he actually fight at this match ?, being honest I do not want to download the show if the fat boy didn't wrestle  >:(

Another match has been announced for the Roadblock event, have to admit that am more interested in this one that at the main one:

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus and King Barrett) (with Alberto Del Rio and Rusev) - Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:45:24 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
Nice surprise on Smackdown! Neville/Zayn vs Miz/Owens! Looks like this is Zayn coming into the main roster for sure now, likely the next Takeover before Wrestlemania his last big push on NXT.  Also go check out his last match against Samoa Joe on Wednesday.  Does this cool looking DDT on Joe through the corner ropes to the outside.

Since when the Miz started to team up with Owens ?, saw the preview of this match at the WWE channel at Youtube but appears that KO refused to fight with Sami, did he actually fight at this match ?, being honest I do not want to download the show if the fat boy didn't wrestle  >:(

Another match has been announced for the Roadblock event, have to admit that am more interested in this one that at the main one:

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus and King Barrett) (with Alberto Del Rio and Rusev) - Tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Yeah they fought.  There were some good spots, but as usual with KO, he plays the diva and runs off when getting his ass beat lol Don't know why Miz was with Owens though as I missed the setup for the match.  I'm guessing they just needed a heel participant and Miz was around.

Heel vs Heel could be kinda fun for this tag team match, but the problem with this is that there is no way they'll lose it to this nothing event, just like Ambrose isn't going to win against HHH.  Kinda makes this whole event a little annoying, but I'm still interested to watch. I know there has to be something to put a spin on Wrestlemania, I'm just not sure what.

doafan

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2016, 02:16:38 pm »
Yeah they fought.  There were some good spots, but as usual with KO, he plays the diva and runs off when getting his ass beat lol

As a Owens fan it's for me hard to admit it but you are right, kinda disappointed but still want to see him defending his title at Wrestlemania, by the way there are a lot of rumors that this but it has not been officially announced, at least not yet.

Heel vs Heel could be kinda fun for this tag team match, but the problem with this is that there is no way they'll lose it to this nothing event, just like Ambrose isn't going to win against HHH.

Was reading a couple of minutes ago that the New Day have reached yesterday the 200 days as the Tag Team champions so I guess you are correct and these won't gonna lose the belts, at least not in this event I was expecting to see them defending the titles against Jericho and AJ at Wrestlemania but that will be impossible, damn it also haven't noticed that you haven't mentioned anything about Titus O'Neil, what the hell happened, why is he suspended ?

« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2016, 03:01:10 pm »
Titus O'Neil, what the hell happened, why is he suspended ?

At the very end of the episode of RAW when Daniel Bryan retired, as Vince walked through the crowd of wrestlers towards the entrance ramp, apparently Titus O'Neil jokingly grabbed Vince's arm. Vince didn't seem to be in the mood for jokes and pushed back. Allegedly Titus got suspended for "unprofessional conduct" as a warning to others to cut down on backstage antics.

It's possible there's more to it. Titus may have been scolded backstage and lost his cool, blowing this issue up bigger than it should've been, but we'll never know.

doafan

« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2016, 05:29:36 pm »
And that's all ?, maybe am to stupid but I really don't understand what the hell did he mean with "unprofessional conduct" ?, as far as I understand they were trying to cheer up Daniel for his retirement so it's kinda normal that Titus was trying to play even with Vince, it wasn't a funeral so really don't understand whats the big deal also it's not something new that he's kinda the funny/cool guy, that's bullshit anyway am hoping that he is not being released just because of this incident.

« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2016, 07:04:55 pm »
He supposedly grabbed his arm to hold him back to let Stephanie go first in a "ladies first" kind of way and Vince apparently overreacted and suspended him for a couple months.  He's not going anywhere, he just basically got a slap on the wrist for something kinda dumb and it probably only happened because it happened out in public view.

I'm positive New Day lose their belts at Wrestlemania, because it would kinda refresh them abit as their act is getting a smidge stale.  I love them, I think they are some of the best things happening in WWE in terms of character and comedy, but saying "booty" can only go so far lol I'm not sure who gets the opportunity though since there hasn't been any build up, other than Y2AJ, which has fallen apart.

« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2016, 02:59:03 am »
Bleh, apparently League of Nations is the current possible team for New Day at Wrestlemania, but rumor has it that it could be turned into a multi-team match.  Not sure who, but I assume it would be the biggest tag teams, so New Day vs League of Nations (If it's two on two), vs Dudley Boys, vs Uso's.  I don't know who wins it in this.  League of Nations would be kinda lame.  Dudley Boys I feel lost their chance after they dropped that early tag team championship run when they came back.  No build up for it now other than their current story is "WE ARE UPSET BECAUSE OUR NOSTALGIA ACT IS BEING CONSIDERED A NOSTALGIA ACT". Uso's are a possibility, though I'm not really super fond of them, though that bit at TLC last year was amazing. 

So I really don't know who is going to win this one or who I want to win this one other than I hope New Day lose it, for story reasons. Dudley's might be great to take it if they use the opportunity to revamp themselves abit.  They are going heel, dropping some of their gimmicks, I think they should straight up change their design abit, try something new for awhile to see how it goes.

Sidenote, I'm kinda hoping Lana is turning into a wrestler.  That way Rusev can come out in a suit and push her on in matches and they basically become a wrestler/manager duo for each other lol So bummed I missed Rusev and Lana's big push from back in 2014.  I came in at Wrestlemania last year, which was the end of Rusev's reign and right into that miserable love triangle, square, bullshit.

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »
Well a pretty uneventful event tonight.  Nothing particularly bad, but I've called the wins so far.  It's obvious who the winners will be as no belts are going to change on this and certain people are just clearly going to win.  Now we got Sami Zayn vs Stardust.  Random matchup, but I like Stardust, so I'll take it lol

I almost want there to be a chance that Ambrose vs HHH goes in Ambrose favor, but it's like a 1% chance lol

Good fight, but nope.  Every match went how it was expected.  Kind of a useless event lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:25:14 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:32 am »
The matches themselves were excellent back-and-forth nail-biters. Can't complain about that. But the entire point of the event was meaningless. The whole idea was to shake things up before WrestleMania, yet nothing has changed by the end of it.

« Reply #309 on: March 13, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »
Definitely some good matches and they really drug out HHH and Ambrose long enough to make it feel like they could just possibly let Ambrose win, but nah.  Wasn't much of a "Roadblock"...more of a "Yield Sign" that brings you to slow down, check the road for cars, but don't actually stop, and then just keep on trucking to Wrestlemania lol

« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2016, 01:27:39 pm »
Damn, now Neville is out on the injured list, meaning he'll miss being involved in anything in Wrestlemania.  That really sucks.  The injury list is way too high.

doafan

« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »
Dunno how but I managed to avoid this thread two days in a row, didn't wanted to read any spoiler because I was unable to see the show the day it was aired, saw it yesterday with my daughter and I do have to say that there where two matches that weren't aired, Mark Henry vs. Randy Sharp and Goldust vs. Viktor about the rest of the matches am glad that the New Day retained the titles was surprised that the rest of the League of Nations were there to cheer their comrades, the match of Jericho was the most boring of the entire show actually was sleeping when I was watching this one in the other hand the one from the NXT was kinda interesting cause Colin Cassady is a fucking beast, the one of the divas was nice actually was expecting that Natalya won the belt anyway it's only me or Charlotte had gained some extra weight, about the match between Lesnar and Wyatt I had the idea that the match would be between these two, didn't knew it was to be a two versus one but it ended in one vs one, in my opinion the best one of the event was the one of Sami Sayn, yeah it took a while to defeat Goldust but it was fun and enjoyable, the result of course was predictable as also the one of the main event, being honest didn't liked how it ended even when it was an enjoyable match.

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2016, 09:06:05 pm »
Man, and now Bray Wyatt is said to be on the injured list.  WWE is falling apart! Over the next month or two, I think a few are supposed to return, but man it's a lot.  Cesaro, Cena, Orton, Wyatt, Neville, Rollins, and I think there are some more than I'm forgetting.

doafan

« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2016, 11:24:08 am »
Man, and now Bray Wyatt is said to be on the injured list.

Come on, injured by who and when ?, he didn't wrestle against Lesnar, the one that should be at that injured list is the poor Luke Harper (LOL) anyway isn't Orton filming a movie or it's actually injured anyway the article of Wrestlemania 32 from has the following four matches for this event ...

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, 30-man Battle Royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy
The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley), Tag team match
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett) 4-on-3 Handicap match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback singles match for the WWE United States Championship

... but it seems that is not updated cause another three matches had been announced.

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Big Show. for the Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles.
Brie Bella, Alicia Fox y Paige vs. Lana, Tamina Snuka y Naomi.

Can't wait to see the one for the Tag Team Championship, three against four it will be quite interesting but without a doubt the one that now I want to see the most is the one for the Intercontinental Championship and not only because Sami Zayn is there it's because want to see the mess that the Big Show is gonna made there  ;D

« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2016, 02:35:51 pm »
Come on, injured by who and when ?, he didn't wrestle against Lesnar, the one that should be at that injured list is the poor Luke Harper (LOL) anyway isn't Orton filming a movie or it's actually injured anyway the article of Wrestlemania 32 from has the following four matches for this event ...

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, 30-man Battle Royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy
The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley), Tag team match
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett) 4-on-3 Handicap match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback singles match for the WWE United States Championship

... but it seems that is not updated cause another three matches had been announced.

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Big Show. for the Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles.
Brie Bella, Alicia Fox y Paige vs. Lana, Tamina Snuka y Naomi.

Can't wait to see the one for the Tag Team Championship, three against four it will be quite interesting but without a doubt the one that now I want to see the most is the one for the Intercontinental Championship and not only because Sami Zayn is there it's because want to see the mess that the Big Show is gonna made there  ;D

That's why Bray didn't wrestle at Roadblock.  Plot wise it worked for Bray to have Harper go in there for him, but that's why he is only making appearances and not wrestling.

Also I really hope this is the last Jericho vs Styles match.  It's so dumb now lol