Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91915 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:32 pm »
That's why Bray didn't wrestle at Roadblock.  Plot wise it worked for Bray to have Harper go in there for him, but that's why he is only making appearances and not wrestling.

That explains everything anyway it's a shame that a lot of wrestlers are injured when the main event of the company is less that one month near also and being honest from the 11 matches I only want to see three of them so will need to do something else when these matches are aired, is kinda funny cause this morning was watching this picture and I kinda imagine how Vince is feeling right now :

Also I really hope this is the last Jericho vs Styles match.  It's so dumb now lol

Totally agree, if they continue scheduling matches between these two they will be reaching a point where the fans will take them both of these wrestler as a mere joke, can't believe that the writers are not capable of creating a good story even the damn monkeys that write the lines for Krusty the clown can made something better.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #316 on: March 18, 2016, 02:59:25 am »
Not to long after Bryans retirement, it's being shown to be that Sting is officially retiring himself.  He got injured in his battle against Rollins awhile back, but it seems it was serious enough, probably combined with his age and other past injuries, to warrant him retiring.  At least he's being inducted to the Hall of Fame this year.  That's a big way to go out so that whole weekend is gonna be a big deal for Sting.

Also this might be my most excited for match on Mania weekend lol

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:02:51 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:52 am »
Man, just when Bray Wyatt's rumored injury was looking to not be a thing, Luke Harper has now had an actual injury after RAW went dark that could keep him out for awhile.  If it's as serious as it could seem to be, it might even keep him out of Wrestlemania.  Rowen came back from an injury last year also.  Poor Wyatt Family can't get no break on their trip to starting the apocalypse.  I like Harper.  Out of the 4 in the group, him and Wyatt are the most interesting and he's actually a pretty good wrestler.  He's surprisingly quick for his size.  Rowan I feel tries abit too hard and doesn't really have the ring skill and Brahn is huge and intimidating, but as a big guy, he doesn't have a lot going on.  Kinda like a less interesting Kane.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:50:07 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »
Man, just when Bray Wyatt's rumored injury was looking to not be a thing, Luke Harper has now had an actual injury after RAW went dark that could keep him out for awhile.  If it's as serious as it could seem to be, it might even keep him out of Wrestlemania.

It seems that the company has a curse, can't believe that they have some many injured wrestlers and now Harper I started to follow his career at Ring of Honor even when he was only one year at that company the big guy indeed has potential and it's not another big dude with a limited arsenal of moves, from the whole group he is my favorite about the latest shows from the WWE have to be honest I haven't seen anything cause am currently watching the Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness DVD  ;D

« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2016, 09:02:02 pm »
From what I understand, a lot of the injuries come from their very busy wrestling schedule and that we are seeing a lot more wild fighting coming in.  Everyone is going at it hard and it can lead to more injuries taking all those bumps.

doafan

« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:31 pm »
Cesaro will come back to action unfortunately it won't gonna be at Wrestlemania, his return it will be in Amsterdam at the Ziggo Dome this next April 15th about this wrestler was watching the latest Stone Cold podcast where he asked Vince what's does Cesaro needs to be a main event, where he explain it only in one word ... he lack's it, damn really hope that he can get the push and find whatever he needs to be part important of the main roster, if Vince doesn't know what he needs apart that he is a good wrestler with charisma and attitude hope that Cesaro can find the answer ...

« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
I don't entirely disagree that Cesaro doesn't quite have it.  I think he's a good wrestler and one of the tall guys that makes moves look good, even his goofy swing movie, but like as a character, I haven't seen anything that pushes him over.  It's kinda what Roman Reigns is suffering with, in that he's just not very interesting character wise compared to others, like Ambrose who is oozing character.

« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2016, 07:09:12 pm »
Some odd word changes for the tag team title match at Wrestlemania, making it unsure if it's a title match or not between New Day and The League.  Also, Uso's vs Dudleyz are going to be on the pre-show, not main card, which makes sense since it's a fairly nothing match, so it'll be there with the Andre the Giant rumble.

*EDIT*
While this is complete rumory nonsense, it's interesting that there is talk about Reigns going heel.  While I don't think it would truly make anything better, it would make things slightly more interesting if in doing this, they are doing it because they realize they can't force Reigns onto the audience.

With this possibility in mind...I wonder if we don't see the almost forgone conclusion that Reigns wins at Wrestlemania.  Maybe either through shenanigans or with a clean pin from HHH, we see HHH win.  This finally sets off Reigns who is tired of the bullshit.  Gone is his friendships with his family and Ambrose, he goes full on lone wolf and is tearing things apart as he does.  Don't have a lot of story built around him, don't need him having one on one chats with people, turn him abit into Lesnar without Heyman.  Maybe even go the manager route, so he becomes like Lana and Rusev as I heard he had a huge streak before the last Mania that worked well.

This would give him maybe a year or so to try and rebuild himself.  None of the upper level pushes to make him the face of the company like Cena, but break him down and let him build back up.  Maybe during that he can learn better mic and character work.  Take acting lessons or something, I don't know lol Maybe he just doesn't have that charisma like his cousin Dwayne or buddy Ambrose.  Heck, going heel worked for The Rock for sure.

Then HHH could lose the belt to a returning Seth Rollins at Extreme Rules in May perhaps.  I'm all for him getting back the belt lol

*DOUBLE THE EDIT*
I kinda see where this heel turn for Reigns talk is coming from.  He didn't use his usual fan favorite entrance through the audience on the last Smackdown and I guess on Raw.  He beat the crap out of Bubba Dudley to the point of being disqualified.  He sorta went on a rampage like this after he lost the belt the first time, so not sure if it really means anything, but a changing behavior can signal a shift.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:30:43 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2016, 11:51:49 am »
Dunno why but the WWE has excluded the Big Show from the match for the IC but well Sin Cara and The Miz will be there now taking the big mans place they also have changed the stipulations of this match being now a Ladder match, don't have to say that I have high expectations for this one cause KO is quite familiar with this kind of wrestling at Ring of Honor so really want to see if he can gave us an awesome match like those in the past, by the way Michale Cole make him doubt about the results of this one ...

Still wondering also why the hell this match between Sami, Dean and Kevin wasn't aired, it was pretty damn good :

« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2016, 03:45:06 pm »
My guess is that they didn't want Big Show in both the rumble and the IC match.  He's not a very spry giant anymore.  The ladder thing is mostly just them rehashing last years Mania match for the belt, which I'm alright with cause that was a good match.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2016, 03:55:13 pm »

« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2016, 06:40:36 pm »
I just realized how big this weekend is for wrestling lol Friday is NXT Takeover, WWE Hall of Fame is Saturday, and Wrestlemania is Sunday.  I'm interested to see if Wrestlemania has any tricks to make it worthwhile, but I might be much more excited for Takeover.  We got Nakamura debuting, we got Asuka versus Bailey, and we got Bailor vs Joe.  I hope we get some suprises there too, such as the reveal of "The Balor Club".

*EDIT*
Tough time for the Bellas.  Apparently Niki just won't ever return to full time wrestling, part time at best if she's lucky.  On top of that, she won't be able to participate with Brie at Wrestlemania in any capacity, which is apparently looking to be her last matches as she is looking to quit/retire soon, due to things being maybe worse off for her husband Daniel Bryan and likely wanting to spend time with him.  I never cared for them as characters, but as performers, it sucks to see this happen to anyone.

Reading some predictions on the HHH vs Reigns match, has me seeing the possible heel turn being considered, even if Reigns wins.  Rock isn't wrestling, but what if to come celebrate the win, coming out to get speared or punched by Reigns.  He's going to get booed, so why not get some SERIOUS boos that are designed to propel him forward in some sort of interesting way.  It doesn't need to make him full on heel, but we get an anti-authority guy, who is tired of dealing with all the shit over the years that is put on him, and we get a champion that is going to go his own way.  We have already seen it sort of shifting in that way, with Reigns dropping his entrance and all the back and forth attacks between him and HHH.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:00:18 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2016, 07:12:03 pm »
This is some good news and is probably more important to the WWE women's division than that "diva revolution" nonsense from last year.  Basically "divas" will go away, no longer used, belt too, and replaced with the WWE Woman's Championship with a belt similar to the main belt, but with white leather.  I never liked the term "diva" for representing the women.  I know there are good uses of the term, but I've always seen the term used more in kind of a negative way, where someone is acting up and they just get called a "diva".

In the long run, this will probably be better for the big womens push they are trying to do, that's going successfully well in NXT (I'm pretty stoked for Bailey vs Asuka on Friday), and hopefully we see some better stuff going on, which sometimes happens.  Like I watched Paige versus...someone on Raw and it wasn't half bad.  Saw some good stuff and I generally like Becky and Sasha, though Becky needs to abandon that dumb "Grab the rope, jump on the rope, then do a little kick to the side".  It looks so bad lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/3/30/11332966/report-wwe-scrapping-divas-womens-championship-returns-after-wrestlemania

More match shifting for this weekend.  Apparently the Andre rumble is now likely to kick off the main show, not the pre-show.  Kalysto vs Ryback for the USA belt will be on the pre-show.  The Uso's vs Dudleys will be on the pre-show.  And the 10 woman tag match will be on the pre-show.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:18:36 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2016, 12:58:12 pm »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2016, 03:06:23 pm »
Raw this week REALLY felt like the final stop before WrestleMania. Between Shane McMahon putting Taker through a table, the chaos with the IC Title contenstants and the Andre the Giant Battle Royal Contestants, and the back and forth attacks between Reigns and HHH. (BTW, I loved the crazy moment from Ambrose, too.) It was a helluva Raw!

But we still have Smackdown tonight. What are they going to do to top Raw on the actual final stop before WrestleMania? Or is this just going to be a filler episode?