Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91086 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »
Looks like Enzo & Cass are feuding with the Dudley's once Enzo is back as the Dudley's came out to smalk talk everything, but Big Cass came out to smalk talk them and gave them a quick beating.  Can't wait to see Enzo & Cass back together.

Ziggler vs Corbin - A good match between them despite having no interest in the feud.  Good enough way to start things off with Corbin taking advantage of the "No Disqualification" here to win.

Uso's vs Gallows/Anderson - Loved the start of the Uso's coming out to attack right as they walked down as it's a tornado tag match, meaning that all 4 wrestlers are legal.  Makes for a fast paced start to the show.  This match is pretty relentless which is great.  Really glad that Anderson and Gallows won as it was pretty good.  Bit surprised that Uso's got booed.  I know they have their detractors, but maybe I should've guessed this to happen with them supporting Roman and the "Club" has got some good hype going on.

Kalisto vs Rusev - Both guys I like and they are pretty fun to watch, though Kalisto lately has had to many of the "little guy vs big guy" matches lately, so they are pretty consistent where Kalisto gets squashed for most of it till he gets some high flying moves out to turn the tide, but Rusev winning was expected I think and Rusev is back with the belt.  Now I hope they'll do something more with it and treat it right as this was the first time since Kalisto had the belt that it was on the main show of the PPV event.

New Day vs Vaudevillains - I want New Day to win and they are likely going to as I don't care about the Vaudevillains lol  Should be a fun match though.  And it turns out I actually missed most of the match, but New Day won, so that's fine.

IC Championship - This one could go any way.  I think Miz clearly loses, there's no good reason to keep it on him after his lame win.  Would be cool if Zayn makes his first belt win early on, but I feel like it'll go Owens or Cesaro.  Crazy match with lots of close calls. DAMN! Zayne had an insane looking flip to pin!  Every time you think it's over, it keeps going! lol Shit! Miz with a cheap ass win! I hate stuff like that. Still an incredible match though.  This likely could be the best one of the night.

Ambrose vs Jericho - About what I was expecting.  Not bad, but not particularly exciting either.  Kind of a weak cage match, especially after what we had with Wrestlemania.  We did get a sweet top of the cage elbow drop, but man it got no pop.  The crowd is bored too I think.  A twist! Tacks! The bucket was a ruse! Things are heating up!  The anticipation of who is going to land on the tacks is intense!  And Jericho takes the tacks.  Damn! Ambrose wins.  That match went way too long, but that was a rough end.

Natalya vs Flair - Hoping Natalya wins, not that I particularly find her interesting, I just want the belt to change for a shakeup.  Would make for a nice mix of belt changes to for the show as the US belt changed, but the tag team and IC belt did not and the WHC belt won't either.  And they found another way to bring shenanigans into the match without Ric.  I swear to god, ever since Charlotte got the belt, I don't think she's won legit once.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I can think of like a half dozen times they've done this and I'm pretty sure they've done it at every single PPV with her.  Boring.  Just lazy writing.

Reigns vs Styles - All the boos for Reigns lol I'm actually interested to see if something cool happens tonight.  Their last match I saw with them was pretty great, but it's just them tonight and there's no DQ, so I expect the club and uso's are running out.  I'm sure Reigns will win no matter what, but overall should be good. Yes! Brawling out into the crowd! I haven't seen this in awhile. Ripping up safety precautions, I like when they are taking advantage of No DQ rules.  Yup, played out as expected, but real good match.

Fuck yes, Rollins is back! Pedigree on Roman after his win! I am bummed Styles lost, but now we got Rollins back fighting for it!

Overall, another pretty solid PPV with only a couple lowpoints, but the IC belt match was great, Reigns vs Styles was great, I liked Rusev vs Kalisto, Usos vs Club was good, and there were moments in Ambrose vs Jericho that were cool.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:03:46 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #376 on: May 23, 2016, 03:28:01 pm »
Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: Didn't saw this one even when I received a notification at my Youtube account that it was being aired.
Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson: Not the best match but I was surprised that the people where cheering the Club and not Roman cousins.
Kalisto vs. Rusevp: My wife and I got a doubt/question and that's why the hell the ref allowed Rusev to continue kicking Kalisto if he was injured, I mean the doc was checking him and the ref was trying to give the little guy some time to rest.
The New Day vs. The Vaudevillains: We really were expecting to see Kofi in this one unfortunately he wasn't there, the match was pretty good and my wife got mad every time that the Vaudevillanis entered the ring with out being the legal man but she didn't said anything when Kingston helped the team to win this one.
The Miz vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn: Best fucking match of the event, totally loved how Sami puts Kevin down as soon as the bell announced that the match was started, I was cheering Sami, my wife was cheering Cesaro and my daughters where cheering Owens the poor Miz was the one that nobody wanted to win and it was the damn bastard that retained the belt, really want to see tonight Raw show just to see how Shane and Stephanie will try to solve this.
Charlotte vs. Natalya: Didn't went to the bathroom as usual cause we really wanted to see this one where I do have to admit that even without Rick the performance of the champ was very good, it was to bad that somebody interfered here by the way who was that big ass that helped Charlotte ?
Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho: Without a doubt the best second match of the night, we were laughing every time that Jericho asked the outside ref to open the door, guess that t was painful for Y2J cause the poor man was all red and am not talking about the blood, the worst mistake for him it sure was not wearing a shirt.
Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles: Wasn't expecting that much of this one and am glad that I was wrong even when the phenomenal didn't won the belt (I still think that it's to soon to give him a chance) the match was pretty good, the damn Aj delivered eleven chair hits, guess that he was mad cause they were pretty good, all of them.

Talking about a great entrance can't deny that Rollins know how to made one, can't wait to see tonight's Raw and see what comes next, still wonder if he will team up again with Owens like in the past, as far as I remember he owes KO some favors.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »
I usually don't like to double post but this one really deserves to be an exception, I saw yesterday this past Monday Raw show where people went totally crazy when Rollins came to the ring to give us one of his famous speech, it's kinda ironical that they where cheering a heel and that they booed the face anyway we now got an official match for the event Money in the Bank thanks to the all might Shane also four contenders have won their right to be in the ladder match ...

Sami Zayn defeated Sheamus, Cesaro defeated The Miz, Chris Jericho defeated Apollo Crews, Dean Ambrose defeated Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens defeated AJ Styles

... guess that the results from this past Smackdown has already been released but haven't read anything cause want to see it by myself ;D

« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2016, 04:06:42 pm »
Brand split soon and Smackdown is going to start airing live in July!

« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »
Well, had I known this, I might not have returned my DVR lol Guess I'll just stick with catching the highlights on Youtube.  Reading up on the brand split, this would make for better shows, simply because we would have less rehashing of matches.  It was always annoying that there would be one matchon Raw and then we'd see the same match again sometimes or just small variations.  Having two different shows with different people would make them both pretty fresh.  From the sound of it, Smackdown might become what is essentially a bigger version of NXT.  That the newer people might go into there first from NXT or new hires.  It would create different levels for WWE, with RAW staying with all the bigger company people for the most part.

It'll certainly be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:42:29 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2016, 08:26:19 pm »

Fucking awesome and now I just want to know three little things, in which brand it will be Kevin Owens, in the past I had the idea that he was part of Smackdown, second which company will be under the management of Shane and the best of all, are why going to have two belts again ?, am tired of see Reigns as the champ  ;D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:30:17 pm by doafan »

« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
I imagine we'll get two belts and more PPV's on the network.  I was reading an article that said they basically need to do this because their roster is so huge, as PPV's can only allow so much time to invested.  After you put in anything belt related or have the biggest names, there's very few spots leftover for anything else that people might want.

doafan

« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »
I was reading an article that said they basically need to do this because their roster is so huge

Weird cause have been watching some videos and almost all of them said that they will need to hire more wrestlers, want to believe that they don't want to show the same wrestlers over and over every single night, what they can do is to move some people from NXT (cof cof Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura cof cof) to the main roster so that way the new people can be in this show but I really don't care to much if they hire of not, what I want and what the WWE need to do is to have two belts anyway here is the video of the wrestlers that I mentioned at my previous post:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2016, 12:47:43 pm »

It sucked the first time they did it, and I don't see it being any better this time around. All it does is limit your match-ups and booking ability.

And the roster being too big? Really? Because they've had a mass wave of firings in the last month or so. A whole bunch of guys getting let go.

« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2016, 03:49:34 pm »
The roster remark was in regard to things related to PPV's.  Once you put belt stuff on the docket, that takes up most of the time available.  Any other feuds or events people want to see just can't be shown when you basically hit on all the big, prominent, guys.  And soon we'll start seeing more big guys return.  I mean, they can't show everyone, but if they want to try and do more stories and battles between people, they aren't likely to get a big payoff at the PPV event unless they are one of the big popular guys.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:52:53 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:10 am »
A fifth contender has now joined the Money in the Bank ladder match, I'm talking about Alberto Del Rio who defeated Zack Ryder at this past SmackDown show, really was hoping to see Ryder at the big event, the man deserves a push after what happened to him and the IC Championship  >:(

« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2016, 05:15:59 pm »
A fifth contender has now joined the Money in the Bank ladder match, I'm talking about Alberto Del Rio who defeated Zack Ryder at this past SmackDown show, really was hoping to see Ryder at the big event, the man deserves a push after what happened to him and the IC Championship  >:(

But that would mean that WWE is actually doing stuff that people want and they can't have that! lol

doafan

« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:19 am »
Didn't knew that I already have a channel that transmit Raw and SmackDown so yesterday was able to watch a couple of matches, the one of Enzo and Cassady against the Dudley Boys was pretty good to bad that the aired version had a lot of TV commercials, lame Cena has came back and was well "received" by Styles had my doubts about this reunion but I totally loved that The Club is again reunited, we had a match of Natalya vs. Dana Brooke or should I say boobs and ass match, not the big deal cause of Charlotte but liked the new feud that it has started, Dolph Ziggler had his revenge against Baron Corbin even when it was another short match was very pleased with the result and the main event of the night was without doubt the best one, can't wait to see the event of this month  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #388 on: May 31, 2016, 02:04:11 pm »
So announcing the brand-split this early kind of takes the focus off of the current product, doesn't it? Because when this happens, all of these storylines and feuds will abrubtly end. It makes this next month kind of pointless, storywise.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:05:55 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #389 on: May 31, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »
So announcing the brand-split this early kind of takes the focus off of the current product, doesn't it? Because when this happens, all of these storylines and feuds will abrubtly end. Kind makes this next month kind of pointless, storywise.

It's still like a good 2 months out and there aren't really a whole lot of big feuds or stories going on right now that I can think of that probably couldn't end by then. Rollins and Reigns will clearly stay on Raw, so if they keep that going for awhile, it won't get stalled.