Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91733 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2016, 10:51:49 am »
Rollins and Reigns will clearly stay on Raw, so if they keep that going for awhile, it won't get stalled.

Following your rule hope that Styles can stay at RAW too I mean he started a feud with Cena and really don't think that old Vince will gonna move his superstar to SmackDown guess that the feud of K.O and Sami will also continue but am not quite sure in which brand  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2016, 07:10:12 pm »
Some talk is saying that apparently with the Rollins and Reigns push on Raw, that Cena and Styles could be the big face/heel matchup over on Smackdown.  Which would make sense if you want to give Smackdown some real significance by putting two big guys like that on the top over there.  That could certainly give Styles a chance at whatever Smackdown belt I'd assume they'd have to have for it.

Also I almost forgot that the next NXT TakeOver event is coming up called "The End" on June 8th, which is their first steel cage match for NXT of Balor vs Joe for the belt to end their feud.  I expect Joe wins so Balor can move up, especially with the brand split.  Balor debuting on Smackdown going live would be big.  Asuka vs Jax could be alright, mostly just cause I love Asuka and of course Nakamura vs Aries could be good, but again, it's Nakamura so I could watch him fight anyone.  There's also the debut of some guy named Almas, a mexican wrestler who's done a house show or two, but this is big proper debut and he'll be fighting Dilinger.  Also there's American Alpha vs The Revival, which should be fine.

doafan

« Reply #392 on: June 03, 2016, 11:07:46 am »
There's also the debut of some guy named Almas, a mexican wrestler who's done a house show or two, but this is big proper debut and he'll be fighting Dilinger.

This made my day cause this wrestler is well known here in Mexico as La Sombra, he is part or it was of the CMLL (Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre) the same company that once had El Patron Alberto del Rio so I really hope to see more about him in the WWE universe  ;D

doafan

« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2016, 10:07:16 am »
Wanted to post this yesterday when I was watching RAW but was to excited watching the return of Teddy Long that even after the show I totally forgot to share it, yes Theodore Long made an appearance and he made clear that he wants to run SmackDown again but that wasn't all, he gave Stephanie the idea of a Fatal 4-Way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship with the following teams: The New Day vs. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains have to admit that I was kinda sad that they left out the Dudley Boys but since they are being losing every single match that they have really don't care that much, now we got four official matches for this Money in the Bank 2016  8)

« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2016, 07:41:10 pm »
NXT: The End is about to go off and I'll skip predictions for this one as I think it's pretty obvious who will win for the most part and it's not a really huge show, but should be some real solid fun.  Also I find it amazing that Babymetal "Karate" is one of the official songs for the event.  Very fitting, especially to promote Asuka lol Love it.

Also to confirm, Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura are set for a WWE Japan show.  Sadly this could just be a house show and not shown on the network which is so lame.  There's a small chance they'll treat the event like they did with "Beast in the East" from last year, but seeing that there haven't been any promotion for it, I feel not, but man they are dropping the ball not showing this.  I know it would happen eventually once Nakamura comes to the main roster, but I really want this.  Zayn vs Nakamura was fantastic and Owens has apparently fought him once before at an event in 2014.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/6/8/11882910/shinsuke-nakamura-vs-kevin-owens-booked-for-wwe-japan

doafan

« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
Also to confirm, Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura are set for a WWE Japan show.  Sadly this could just be a house show and not shown on the network which is so lame.

Very lame I didn't knew anything about this but really hope that some fans can record this with their cell phones, there are some good awesome matches that weren't aired and are available thanks to this people.

Zayn vs Nakamura was fantastic and Owens has apparently fought him once before at an event in 2014.

As a fan of Steen/Owens allow me to say that you need to watch this one, sorry for the quality but the one that I saw at Daylimotion is no longer available.

« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »
So I was mostly right with NXT: The End.  Got the tag team match wrong as it went back to The Revival.  Good matches overall, though it was abit disappointing that the Almas match to kick off the show was so short.  Felt like it barely got going when it ended.  Kinda wish he kept the mask on, love more lucha guys, but I'm sure he'll be fun to see when he does some proper matches.

Shinsuke vs Aries was great.  They made sure to put Shinsuke through the ringer on this one and I actually thought he might lose at one point, but great match.

The tag team match was great, Gable and Jordan are good stuff.  Definitely standing out for me.  Some surprise heels came in after the loss and beat on America Alpha, didn't know who they were, but they are apparently Sunny Dhinsa & Gzim Selmani, the Authors of Pain.  Two thickly built dudes being managed by a well known WWE guy called Paul Ellering.

Asuka vs Jax was better than I was expecting, since this is gonna be a more limited match for Asuka, but they played up Jax's strength and size real well and it was just the right length where it didn't feel like it would get too boring, since people like Jax aren't gonna last for too long.  Of course the "Empress" won cause she's awesome lol

Joe vs Balor was pretty much how it should be.  Lots of good spots and a pretty intense ending with Joe retaining.  Now to see if maybe Balor will make the move to the main roster since he's out of the running for the NXT title or if they are gonna hold him back for abit longer till they get a stronger top group going again.

Slight bonus was Neville in the crowd at NXT all bearded up from recovery.  Hopefully that means he'll show back up soon.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #397 on: June 09, 2016, 09:58:53 am »
Look at what my wife got me for anniversary! She knows me. Blu-Ray edition.

(Sorry for the blurry pic, I left my camera at work and this is from my crappy cellphone.)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2016, 12:36:58 pm »
How awesome is this? WWE may have TNA's finest they've ever had after this between AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, and now Bobby Roode!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/717023-photos-bobby-roode-takeover

doafan

« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:34 pm »
We need Kurt Angle (yes he was part of the WWE first) and I can die in peace, nah am kidding would love to see a match between him against Owens, Dean, Rollins, Sami or even Cesaro  ;D

doafan

« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2016, 09:00:46 pm »
Don't like to double post but since am watching tonight Raw at the office am kinda excited to watch the reunion of the Shield at Dean's Ambrose Asylum, will continue updating the post cause Seth is the first guess at the lunatic show:

* Well Ambrose has made quite a show and I won't gonna give any kind of spoilers apart that I really loved when they started talking about old good times but after what just saw can only say, damn now I can't wait to see the event this next Sunday.
* The little interview of Cesaro and Sami was kinda fun, Zayn saying that he and Cesaro are equal was good but the answer of Cesaro telling him that he has been with the WWE for four years and Sami for only months was epic, indeed they may be friends but being it the WWE means that you have to start again from zero, not a big fan of Cesaro even when he choose my real name for his career.
* Lol the match between Sami vs Cesaro was short, really wasn't expect that move but now am gonna see what happens at the contract sign of lame Cena and AJ Styles.
* The segment of Owens and Alberto was funny has hell even when I was expecting to see a match of these two, seeing Del Rio speaking spanish and Kevin french was hilarious cause Alberto was acting like a mad mexican, it's a shame that he didn't called KO a puto!  ;D
* Wow the sign contract was better that I was expecting, specially the last words of Styles, am speechless.
* The match of Owens and Alberto was kinda lame but the request of  Kevin to Stephanie solved this.
* Shane wants to run Smackdown, was hoping to see him running Raw.

They manged to take down the live signal from where I was watching the show so guess that I'll have to download it tomorrow just to see how things ended, damn.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:53:24 pm by doafan »

« Reply #401 on: June 14, 2016, 12:39:52 am »
I don't have a cable box anymore, but Raw basically posts most of the show in clip form on Youtube, so I'll catch up on everything there.  Hoping for something good at Money in the Bank this Sunday which is my birthday! Cake, some gifts, good food, and then end the night having some drinks to wrestling lol

doafan

« Reply #402 on: June 14, 2016, 01:26:41 pm »
I don't have a cable box anymore, but Raw basically posts most of the show in clip form on Youtube

Check your PM Inbox  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2016, 01:51:46 pm »
I don't have a cable box anymore, but Raw basically posts most of the show in clip form on Youtube, so I'll catch up on everything there.  Hoping for something good at Money in the Bank this Sunday which is my birthday! Cake, some gifts, good food, and then end the night having some drinks to wrestling lol

Hulu has it the day after. And if you dropped cable, Hulu is the best thing to get anyways. You don't have to wait a freaking year for the new episodes of shows from TV like you do Netflix, just one day.

doafan

« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2016, 01:22:22 pm »
We are a couple of hours before tonight's event and this time wont gonna give my impressions about the matches just gonna share the official list of all of them but am gonna highlight those that won't gonna take my eyes apart, my wife and my girls are gonna watch the show with me cause I have been talking all these past days about it  ;D

* The Lucha Dragons vs. The Dudley Boyz: Tag team match
* The Golden Truth (Goldust and R-Truth) vs. Breezango (Tyler Breeze and Fandango) : Tag team match
* Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins: Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
* John Cena vs. AJ Styles: Singles match
* Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho: Money in the Bank ladder match for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match contract
* The New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains : Fatal 4-Way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

* Rusev (with Lana) vs. Titus O'Neil: Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
* Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Natalya and Becky Lynch: Tag team match
* Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: Singles match
* Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus: Singles match