Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91065 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2016, 01:36:45 pm »
About the same for the matches for me.  I don't think Reigns will lose, Cena vs Styles has the possibility to be interesting, even if I don't particularly like Cena as a wrestler, the Money in the Bank match I feel could go to Ambrose, who then would either cash in or cause shenanigans between Reigns and Rollins.  I'm good with Owens, Cesaro, Zayn, and Ambrose winning the briefcase.  For the 4 way, I'm kinda interested in where it goes.  I don't know if New Day retains, as they are trying to push for the "new era", so I think "The Club" or Enzo and Cass win it, because I don't like The Vaudevillains lol

doafan

« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »
I don't think Reigns will lose

Agree with you but I do expect a great match even when Reigns is involved but I beat my soul that Rollins will do what he know to do best.

Cena vs Styles has the possibility to be interesting, even if I don't particularly like Cena as a wrestler

Only the little boys and girls, the ladies and my wife yes I admit it like Cena he was kinda better when he was The Prototype

the Money in the Bank match I feel could go to Ambrose, who then would either cash in or cause shenanigans between Reigns and Rollins.

The WWE writers missed their chance to make Ambrose a Heel, I mean when Rollins was injured and Reigns became the champ Ambrose could have joined the authority and that way being helped by HHH he can easily became the champ but well as you say Ambrose could win this one, it will be the perfect opportunity to have these three reunited again but this time in a feud situation.

For the 4 way, I'm kinda interested in where it goes.  I don't know if New Day retains, as they are trying to push for the "new era", so I think "The Club" or Enzo and Cass win it, because I don't like The Vaudevillains lol

Really want to see Enzo and Cass as the new tag team champs, they deserved the titles about tha Vaudevillains nobody like them they are just like Primo & Epico.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »
Really want to see Enzo and Cass as the new tag team champs, they deserved the titles about tha Vaudevillains nobody like them they are just like Primo & Epico.

They are the epitome of great characters.  Just too much fun like what New Day became.

It's why Roman isn't liked, aside from the awful push, is that he doesn't have the character.  Cena made it, because generally he is very likable and can be good on the mic, which can make up for his lesser wrestling skills.  Roman is usually awful on the mic, though he's gotten better with his wrestling lately as I think as his matches with Styles were awesome.  He does sell stuff better than Cena though.  Cena is too stiff to sell things well enough lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:09:53 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2016, 02:21:28 pm »
Roman is usually awful on the mic, though he's gotten better with his wrestling lately as I think as his matches with Styles were awesome.

With the wrestling skills you probably are right but with the Mic he still talks like that bulldog from the Tom & Jerry cartoons, if am not wrong its name is Spike and about his matches with Styles they were awesome because of the phenomenal AJ, just admit it  ;D

« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
Roman is usually awful on the mic, though he's gotten better with his wrestling lately as I think as his matches with Styles were awesome.

With the wrestling skills you probably are right but with the Mic he still talks like that bulldog from the Tom & Jerry cartoons, if am not wrong its name is Spike and about his matches with Styles they were awesome because of the phenomenal AJ, just admit it  ;D

Oh certainly, AJ was the biggest factor, but I think it being Styles, Roman took it up a notch and there were a lot of big hits taken and they both went all out.

doafan

« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2016, 02:36:02 pm »
Oh certainly, AJ was the biggest factor, but I think it being Styles, Roman took it up a notch and there were a lot of big hits taken and they both went all out.

Totally agree which speaking of Styles wonder if his partners will come into the ring to help him even when he signed the contract of fighting alone.

« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2016, 08:47:07 pm »
Hoping the top three matches turn out to be good.  The tag team match was abit messy.  Everything else was kinda nothing, especially the Golden Truth vs Breezango thing.  Apparently Breezango got sunburned or something and they had to act that up the whole time.  It wasn't really funny and not pay per view material, though it was just the kickoff.  Dudley's vs Lucha was alright, but that was it.  Tag Team match was fine, some good spots, but the 4 way matches with tag teams get so messy and there were timing issues.  And no one cares about the Ziggler/Corbin thing lol

And Nat just went heel on Becky after they lost...Are there literally no babyfaces in the womens division other than like Becky?  Guess that means its time for the ultimate babyface to show up...BAILEY!

Is the STF basically one of the worst looking moves ever? It's the least intimidating hold, because he's just squeezing the side of the guys head and not really doing anything that would make you think your hurting him.  The Accolade that Rusev does? I have literal experience in a move like that and it hurts like crazy if you are really doing it.

Cena vs Styles alright, mostly because they played around with some of the expectations you would have in a Cena match.  I still hate the shenanigans end, but it wasn't unexpected.  I still think Styles vs Reigns was a better match, both times, but man, people were all over this match and that really helps sell a match lol

Money in the Bank match was great.  Bit behind in the broadcast, but I'm fully expecting a cash in tonight.  Lets see if it happens...

Dear god that double clothesline with Rusev and Titus.  Serious power behind it.

I think it's funny that Reigns is basically wearing Rollins colors now of black and gold lol

Great match that went how I thought, but was executed in a way I didn't expect.  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:03:08 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2016, 10:30:25 am »
* The Lucha Dragons vs. The Dudley Boyz: Didn't saw the match in fact only saw what WWE uploaded to their Youtube channel and didn't like it but if am wrong please let me know and I'll watch it, the Kickshow was uploaded yesterday to their channel.
* The Golden Truth vs. Breezango: It appears that this was the funny match of the night and definitely will gonna give it a try, not today cause of course am gonna watch tonight Raw with my daughter.
* The New Day vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains: I was pretty sure that Enzo and Cass were about to become the new tag team champs, the match was quite interesting my wife and my daughter came to the room just to see The New Day, they love these dudes
* Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin: I used the time of this match to went to the bathroom, check my messages even to play some games at the smart phone but it appears that didn't missed the big deal, dunno why these two started the feud and to be honest I really don't care.
* Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Natalya and Becky Lynch: Poor Becky nobody loves her, I will but am married nah am kidding, the match was not the big deal but to be honest I paid more attention to this one that the previous one, my wife still says that Charlotte is gaining some weight, dunno where cause her boobs and butt looks the same to me, guess that she is kinda jealous of her figure anyway now I need to know if Natalya is gonna stay as a hell or if she is gonna apologize with Becky.
* Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus: Second time to do anything instead of watching the match, really don't like the idea that they started the feud because of Sheamus performance/appearance at the TMNT movie.
* John Cena vs. AJ Styles: Indeed it was a dream match and all the people there totally knew it, AJ performance as always was the best even when Cena tried to keep the level was notable that the moves of Styles were more fluid and more enjoyable to watch, this is the first time that my wife had doubts about her "boyfriend" and she is a hardcore fan of Cena, neither both of us liked the ending of this match but she seriously got mad when Luke and Anderson came into the ring, we need a re match for this one.
* Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho: For me the best match of the event even when none of the two wrestlers that I was expecting to win took the briefcase, Sami was the one that almost earn the contract but he never accomplished it, Owens five star frog splash perfect but that move that Zayn applied to KO into the ladder was more painful than another move in the whole match, my wife predictions were right cause she was cheering to Cesaro and Dean, she went nuts when this last one won the match, she immediately took photos of Ambrose having the briefcase just to upload them into her Facebook account.
* Rusev (with Lana) vs. Titus O'Neil: Totally forgot about this match and really dunno why they put this one almost at the end but I was glad cause I was able to prepare some snacks for the last match, Rusev won and really don't know if he cheated or received some kind of help from Lana.
* Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins: Amazing simply amazing Reings performance is getting better but without a doubt Rollings took the match now we can say that the earned the title the right way (without the help or without cheating) that missed spear of Roman outside the ring was hilarious but Ambrose cashing the contract the same night was crazy, was expecting to see him at the crown and not under the ring as the commentator said, now we can have a triple threat match cause both Roman and Seth have the chance to reclaim the title, really hope that they wont screw it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2016, 12:59:10 pm »

What is going on? Hell has frozen over. WWE actually put the strap on a guy that the fans truly like!

Hell yeah! Ambrose deserves it. Best guy on WWE's roster today!

doafan

« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2016, 01:07:52 pm »
What is going on? Hell has frozen over. WWE actually put the strap on a guy that the fans truly like!

If Lisa Simpson managed to froze hell why not the WWE ?, the man deserved the title and not only because of the fans  ;D

doafan

« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
Roman Reigns suspended

WWE has suspended Roman Reigns for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

Reigns issued a statement on Twitter regarding his suspension: “I apologize to my family, friends and fans for my mistake in violating WWE’s wellness policy,” Reigns tweeted. "No excuses. I own it." as far I know the suspension was because he had failed a Wellness policy test, in which part is good so that way we can have the triple threat match for August event.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:34:36 pm by doafan »

« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2016, 06:46:11 pm »
Wow, that's out of nowhere. I'm glad we are gonna see a triple threat match with them still, but Reigns needs to keep things in check.

doafan

« Reply #417 on: June 22, 2016, 05:21:31 pm »
Can't believe that nine years have passed since the incident with the Benoit family the most sad part is that I get blamed at my Youtube account because I wrote a message where I only said that hoped that he might rest in peace, damn.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »
Can't believe that nine years have passed since the incident with the Benoit family the most sad part is that I get blamed at my Youtube account because I wrote a message where I only said that hoped that he might rest in peace, damn.

It's crazy how many people just explode when his name is mentioned.

It was a tragedy, no doubt. But I think a lot of people forget that he was completely out of his mind when it happened. The autopsy results showed that his brain was basically swiss-cheesed from the incredible amount of concussions he received in his career. (That autopsy is a big reason why sports have such strict policies regarding concussions nowadays.)

« Reply #419 on: June 22, 2016, 07:17:12 pm »

It's crazy how many people just explode when his name is mentioned.

It was a tragedy, no doubt. But I think a lot of people forget that he was completely out of his mind when it happened. The autopsy results showed that his brain was basically swiss-cheesed from the incredible amount of concussions he received in his career. (That autopsy is a big reason why sports have such strict policies regarding concussions nowadays.)

It's sad it took something so tragic to force companies to change, but that's usually how it goes anymore.