Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91134 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2016, 11:40:40 am »
It's crazy how many people just explode when his name is mentioned.

It was crazier when Triple reacted to the chants of the public at one of the NXT shows, I mean come on you cannot deny the past or the existence of Chris Benoit, maybe they can do it at the web page of the company but not from the memories of all his fans, still have a lot of doubts about this tragedy but am not gonna talk about that here.

It's sad it took something so tragic to force companies to change, but that's usually how it goes anymore.

In fact he wasn't the first one because when Eddie Guerrero died cause after a week later they started or implemented the Wellness Policy, fucking sad that he has to past away, some people says that this wasn't the first case but since he was a Top Star Vince and WWE had to act to ensure that these premature, drug-related deaths didn't happen in the future, both were my favorite wrestlers in the company and can't deny that I cried like a fucking baby when I heard the news.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2016, 11:25:32 pm »
Not exactly stoked for Cena vs Styles, as I'm not a huge Cena fan (not a complete hater though), though it is a Styles match which is always great, but this is certainly a way to turn up the feud, by having Styles & The Club vs Cena w/Enzo & Cass.  YEAH. Slightly random booking, but I'm all over more Enzo & Cass since this should be a big push for them.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/7/4/12095322/enzo-amore-big-cass-have-john-cena-s-back-against-the-club-at-battleground
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:30:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2016, 02:38:25 pm »
With the Six-Man tag team match announced this past Monday we now have four official matches for the event, still wonder what the hell is going to happen with the one for the Championship, I mean Reigns will be out for the event because of his suspension there are even some rumors that the WWE forced him to apologize with the rest of the wrestlers for his wellness violation so if this is true am quite sure that they won't gonna allow to be part of this match anyway about the match between Sami and Kevin I really hope that this will be the last one of this two, am getting tired of seeing this feud, Zayn needs to start getting some achievements by himself cause he haven't won anything since his arrival at the WWE  >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2016, 02:46:53 pm »
Did anyone see the "Final Deletion" match between Jeff and Matt Hardy on TNA?

Weirdest damn thing I've ever seen in wrestling:

« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2016, 05:10:53 pm »
With the Six-Man tag team match announced this past Monday we now have four official matches for the event, still wonder what the hell is going to happen with the one for the Championship, I mean Reigns will be out for the event because of his suspension there are even some rumors that the WWE forced him to apologize with the rest of the wrestlers for his wellness violation so if this is true am quite sure that they won't gonna allow to be part of this match anyway about the match between Sami and Kevin I really hope that this will be the last one of this two, am getting tired of seeing this feud, Zayn needs to start getting some achievements by himself cause he haven't won anything since his arrival at the WWE  >:(

Reigns is at Battleground, his suspension was only up till that point.

Did anyone see the "Final Deletion" match between Jeff and Matt Hardy on TNA?

Weirdest damn thing I've ever seen in wrestling:

Yeah I heard this thing was nuts, though I've never watched TNA.

doafan

« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2016, 01:51:42 pm »
Reigns is at Battleground, his suspension was only up till that point.

So he will make his come back at the event ?, call me paranoid but the same shit happened when he had his match against Triple H, that time when Hunter broke Reigns nose anyway am also wondering what the hell or how the fuck that that shit of the Authority ended ?  :-\

« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2016, 12:32:53 am »
Reading the rumor mill and Balor could be showing up on the main show this month.  Perhaps debuting on Smackdown Live or the RAW before that?  Also Orton will be back to fight Lesnar at Summerslam this year.  Could be alright maybe.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #427 on: July 10, 2016, 01:20:35 am »
Reading the rumor mill and Balor could be showing up on the main show this month.  Perhaps debuting on Smackdown Live or the RAW before that?  Also Orton will be back to fight Lesnar at Summerslam this year.  Could be alright maybe.

I think a lot of NXT guys will be part of The Draft since a lot of the past stars rumored to be a part of it have since been debunked, and WWE needs more talent to fill-out both rosters, plus an NXT roster and a Cruiserweight Classic roster.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #428 on: July 11, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »
So Vinnie Mac is finally back to address the elephant in the room: Who's getting control of Smackdown?

Raw Preview:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2016-07-11

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #429 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:45 pm »
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0708/613378/final-deletion-gives-tna-impact-highest-viewership-in-over-a-year/

Despite the train-wreck that it was, it seems that the god-awful Final Deletion match between Jeff & Matt Hardy pulled in the highest ratings it's ever done since moving to Pop TV.

While I wasn't a fan of it, I'm all for ANY wrestling getting noticed. Wrestling (especially outside of WWE) really needs all the help it can get.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:37:38 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #430 on: July 11, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0708/613378/final-deletion-gives-tna-impact-highest-viewership-in-over-a-year/

Despite the train-wreck that it was, it seems that the god-awful Final Deletion match between Jeff & Matt Hardy pulled in the highest ratings it's ever done since moving to Pop TV.

While I wasn't a fan of it, I'm all for ANY wrestling getting noticed. Wrestling (especially outside of WWE) really needs all the help it can get.

Yeah I tried to watch like 5 minutes or so of Final Deletion and it was pretty bad I thought.  I'm not sure why it was seemingly so popular.  Apparently there might be sorta something similar with New Day and The Wyatts tonight, which will probably be more interesting I hope just because both sets of guys are just extra entertaining.  I hope Luke Harper is just there sitting in a rocking chair the whole time lol

*EDIT*
Watching RAW tonight.  Royal Rumble start isn't too bad.  And yeah, they are straight up doing a kind of Final Deletion type of setup for New Day and the Wyatts with some fight going on at the "Wyatt Compound".  That and McMahon stating who will get Smackdown and RAW will make tonight worth watching probably.  I see that the CWC is happening this Wednesday, so I'll probably watch that.

Ah yeah, Nakamura vs Balor on NXT.  I'll have to get my subscription back up for all this good stuff this month.

I know I'm not watching with HD, so the quality wasn't the best for the New Day/Wyatt bit, but man the editing, filters, and shaky cam were kinda bad.  It's like there was no real build up for this either.  They just kinda tossed New Day into a field and then had some back and forth beat downs.  Was kinda underwhelming, yet still more entertaining than Final Deletion lol

And basically as expected, Stephanie is running RAW and Shane O gets Smackdown. Next week on RAW, they'll pick their own General Managers to basically help run things, so I assume this could be where things get more interesting.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:07:56 pm by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2016, 10:59:28 am »
Well, I liked the Wyatt Compund match. I know, I'm a hypocrite since I gave the Hardyz' Final Deletion Match so much crap.

But it didn't come off quite as cheesy here. It really fit considering The Wyatt's characters. And it was a bit creepy the way it was filmed and how it went down; the Hardyz's match just felt like a low-budget spectacle.

That said, it wasn't perfect. I know they were trying to make it creepier by doing this, but I hated the random images that were thrown in-between frames. It made the action hard to watch. (Reminded me of that god-awful camera in the Transformers movies.) I think it would have worked better if it were filmed like normal, but still use the basic same idea or going to their compound and getting mind-fucked.

What did you guys think of the Wyatt Compound match?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2016, 11:38:48 am »
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

So Shane McMahon is new Commissioner of Smackdown, and Stephanie is the new Commissioner of Raw. But now they have to  pick General Managers for their shows on Raw next week?

Is it just me, or does that seem a bit redundant? Do we really need both a Commissioner and a General Manager for both shows? Aren't they pretty much the same position but with different names?

Anyways, who do you think are in the runnings for these positions? Who are your picks?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2016, 11:53:44 am »
I'm pretty excited for this release. Over 7 hours of unreleased matches and footage from the Attitude Era is promised!

Comes out in the beginning of August.

https://www.amazon.com/WWE-Attitude-Era-Vol-Blu-ray/dp/B01GGXDRPY/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1468338683&sr=8-1

« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2016, 04:15:42 pm »
Well, I liked the Wyatt Compund match. I know, I'm a hypocrite since I gave the Hardyz' Final Deletion Match so much crap.

But it didn't come off quite as cheesy here. It really fit considering The Wyatt's characters. And it was a bit creepy the way it was filmed and how it went down; the Hardyz's match just felt like a low-budget spectacle.

That said, it wasn't perfect. I know they were trying to make it creepier by doing this, but I hated the random images that were thrown in-between frames. It made the action hard to watch. (Reminded me of that god-awful camera in the Transformers movies.) I think it would have worked better if it were filmed like normal, but still use the basic same idea or going to their compound and getting mind-fucked.

What did you guys think of the Wyatt Compound match?

It was better handled than Final Deletion, but I thought the filming was pretty bad.  Too much filters and shaky cam.  It also felt abit too random with them kinda just showing up in a field and maybe it would actually involve more interaction between them, because what New Day and Bray Wyatt do is talk well.  It wasn't terrible, but they could've done it way better.  I have to wonder if this is them building up for New Day to lose to the Wyatts.  They've tried other things with New Day, so maybe they turn the Wyatt family into a tag team trio?  I think we are at the point with either Battleground or Summerslam being the point they drop the belts.  I think they need something refresh them abit and we could use new hype in the tag team scene.