Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91641 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2016, 03:58:57 pm »
It's funny to see how many people want Goldberg vs Lesnar to happen, when we go back to when they did fight over a decade ago, everyone hated that match lol

I haven't been keeping up with the regular show, though I did catch Cena vs Styles vs Ambrose at No Mercy.  Was a good match and interesting that the "main event" was the very first show.  I also heard that Miz and Ziggler was a good match surprisingly, since they've gone at each other so much, but they apparently been making this thing work between them by having Ziggler put up his career.  I'll probably watch Smackdown and Raw next week, very much for the Goldberg return to see what happens.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2016, 04:02:19 pm »
It's funny to see how many people want Goldberg vs Lesnar to happen, when we go back to when they did fight over a decade ago, everyone hated that match lol

That's because they were both ending their wrestling careers, and knew it going into the match. And they both gave us crap work as a result. That was an exception. Most of the time, both Lesnar and Goldberg are pure intensity. And Lesnar is still contracted with WWE, so at least he won't be doing a cop-out match.

« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2016, 07:31:07 pm »
That is true.  Maybe I'm just not excited for this on part because of Lesnar.  I was on the Suplex City train for awhile, but he's been booked as such a monster so much, that you can basically expect what will happen too much.  I don't think I've really been into him since the Undertaker feud ended.  Maybe if they book Goldberg as just as big of a monster, we could get a really big match out of this.

doafan

« Reply #513 on: October 25, 2016, 12:21:10 pm »
Haven't seen the latest shows of Raw and Smackdown, well yesterday I only saw the main match from the red show between Owens, Rollins and Jericho which by the way was pure lame, don't like what the writers are doing with Kevin but since I can't do anything to change that managed to get a "backup copy" of some amazing PWG matches and the one that saw yesterday between The Young Bucks against Super Dragon and Kevin Steen was pure gold, even created a Dailymotion account just to share it with the rest: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yzyfb  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #514 on: October 25, 2016, 02:23:32 pm »
I've been half watching the shows lately.  The Goldberg return last RAW was pretty good and maybe we'll get more of a fight perhaps with them going at each other that won't simply be suplexes.  That's getting old for me.  Hell in a Cell this week could be interesting perhaps, so we'll see there.

« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2016, 12:28:59 pm »

That's because they were both ending their wrestling careers, and knew it going into the match. And they both gave us crap work as a result. That was an exception. Most of the time, both Lesnar and Goldberg are pure intensity. And Lesnar is still contracted with WWE, so at least he won't be doing a cop-out match.

Its funny, as when I watched that match, at the time I didn't know why the crowd was so angry.

I feel like they are only bringing Goldberg back to wipe away the blemish on Brock's record. Although Brock is a mega draw, it feels strange for them to so heavily promote a fighter who left for another sport, and use that to push him as a legit fighter, as he was cheating in his lat UFC fight. With no issues for part time performers in WWE, I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up looking like Marvel's Abomination.

MVL.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2016, 12:49:07 pm »
TNA's downfall is making WCW's demise look like freaking Candyland.

Now many of the talent are either suing or threatening to leave TNA for WWE after most of the talent's checks were not issued after the last set of tapings (tapings that Fight Network paid for to bail out TNA).

Add that to the fact that Billy Corgan is still in the middle of litigation with TNA in court, and this is just a media circus event. Billy Corgan is suing because he paid for the tapings before last; and the deal was that if Dixie defaulted on any payments, he would get creative control of TNA. Well, she has defaulted, and he hasn't gotten the control. Hence the lawsuit.

HOW ARE THEY STILL OPERATING?!

« Reply #517 on: October 31, 2016, 05:50:13 am »
So apparently there was some good stuff at Hell in a Cell from what I'm reading? Apparently KO vs Rollins had great spots and there was some good stuff for the first women's Hell in a Cell match along with them being the main event which is history first for the company, though hearing who won makes me feel abit "meh".  Too much back and forth with the womens belt, though maybe it'll be Bayley's turn soon enough.

Not currently subscribed, but I might do so before the next PPV so I can watch this also.

doafan

« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2016, 06:34:43 pm »
Not currently subscribed, but I might do so before the next PPV so I can watch this also.

You have to subscribe to the WWE Network or at least sign for your free month cause Survivor series is almost here and my opinion or at least for the matches that have been announced it will be a great show, my hype It's over 9999! and am not kidding just check the list and there are a lot of missing wrestlers:

5–on–5 Survivor Series men's elimination match: Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, and TBA) vs. Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, and Baron Corbin) : Cant't wait to see tonight's show just to know if the fifth man in the red team it will be Seth Rollins or Sami Sayn, really expect to be the last one, wouldn't mind to see KO and Sami teaming one more time.   
5–on–5 Survivor Series women's elimination match: Team Raw (Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Nia Jax, TBA, and TBA) vs. Team SmackDown (Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Carmella, and Naomi) (with Natalya)    
10–on–10 Survivor Series tag team elimination match: Team Raw (The New Day (Big E and/or Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods), TBA, TBA, TBA, and TBA) vs. Team SmackDown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley), American Alpha (Jason Jordan and Chad Gable), The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso), and TBA)
Singles match: Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) vs. Goldberg
Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. TBD (From the Raw roster)

« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2016, 09:23:43 pm »
Just confirmed that Rollins is the last spot on Team Raw.  The Team Raw for Tag Teams are Enzo & Big Cass, Anderson & Gallows, Sheamus & Cesaro, and Golden Truth.

Zayn will be there though at the show as he's going after Ziggler for the IC belt.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:57:49 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2016, 11:44:02 am »
Just wondering if we are just waiting for the announcement of the last SmackDown team or if are going to have another matches, dunno maybe we can have some extras at the KickShow about the incursion of Rollins don't want to admit it but was kinda predictable just want to know how the hell this Team will work at the event and of course hope that we can have the IC belt at Raw, Sami deserves a title at the company, the last one that he had was from NXT  :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #521 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:26 pm »
To reply to an earlier comment:

People are into Goldberg vs. Lesnar because they are both icons. People that don't watch wrestling at all know who Lesnar and Goldberg are. It's a no-brainer match.

The reason the last match between the two of them went down the way it did is because both guys were retiring from the sport, and it was their last match. We know how entitled Lesnar acts, still, and Goldberg also had a big head about him. So Lesnar didn't want to lay down for Goldberg, and Goldberg was pissed that Lesnar wouldn't play ball. So they both gave a lackluster final performance. At least that's what I read about it, obviously I don't know from a personal account.

This time around, that's not the case. Lesnar is a superstar, and is happy to be there this time around. And Goldberg won't want to look bad for his big comeback match. I think it will go much more smoothly this time around.

doafan

« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2016, 06:35:13 pm »
A last minute new has been filtered around the web, it says that the team SmackDown as suffered a last minute change, Baron Corbin has been removed from the team because of a knee injury that he suffered when was facing Kalisto, the good thing is that the little guy is not going to take his place, he will be replaced by SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon  :o

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-spoiler-major-change-to-smackdowns-survivor-series-team
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/1108/619161/spoiler-huge-change-to-team-smackdown-for-the-wwe-survivor/
https://superluchas.com/2016/11/08/baron-corbin-lesionado-su-sorprendente-remplazo-en-survivor-series-es/

« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2016, 08:20:34 pm »
I don't...why would Shane be put in to replace Corbin? There's like a half dozen guys at the very least who should be put in there instead.  Why not Crews? Or Miz? What about an older filler like Kane or Cena?  I thought Shane was good in his fight against Undertaker, but Shane to me is not a wrestling draw.  He's good being in charge of Smackdown, playing the guy in charge, but this makes no sense.  It undermines the roster and a match that should represent what would generally be considered the best of either side.

« Reply #524 on: November 14, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »
Geez, this weekend has so much wrestling.  2 hours NXT Takeover Toronto on Saturday, 6 hours of Survivor Series (2 for kickoff, 4 for show) on Sunday, and then we can also count the 3 hours of  RAW on Monday and the 2 hours of Smackdown on Tuesday.  No wonder there's talk of cutting down on the number of PPV's happening lol

Gonna watch both of the shows this weekend.  I haven't really kept up with a lot of wrestling lately, choosing to skip on the TV shows for abit (Glad I did with all that Ellsworth nonsense they had going on with Smackdown lol), other than watching some of the Goldberg stuff.