Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91683 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2016, 03:21:27 pm »
Everyone seems to be praising the Goldberg vs. Lesnar match. I don't get it. 10 years ago, everyone was bitching about their match because it was so short. So what's different this time around?

Tell me that you didn't enjoyed the last match even if it was shorter than the last one, honestly I was more hyped for the less than 3 minutes that this match took (03:20:45 - 03:22:11) that for the entire show about this last one will leave my comments tomorrow cause am at work in a non labor day but who cares if they are going to pay me the triple, am about to leave the damn work, came here just for nothing cause there were no problems and also was able to watch the event here without distractions ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2016, 03:40:15 pm »
Nah, the team matches before it were better.  I hate squash matches lol I appreciate the story telling and buildup for Lesnar vs Goldberg, but I was hoping for a match.

darkragnorok

« Reply #542 on: November 24, 2016, 12:50:33 pm »
Nah, the team matches before it were better.  I hate squash matches lol I appreciate the story telling and buildup for Lesnar vs Goldberg, but I was hoping for a match.

To be fair, Goldberg hasnt been in the ring in 12 years and between the hype up to the match to the match itself, he didnt really have much time to prepare to have an actual match plus tweaking your shoulder days before doesnt help. Also the squash in a way pays tribute to why Goldberg got so over in WCW and that was squashing fools left and right.

« Reply #543 on: November 24, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »
Not saying it doesn't make sense, it's just all this buildup and hype for a squash match and I hate squash matches lol I respect it from a story point of view, but it's just unsatisfying for the finale of the show.  Luckily the singles teams before was good enough to make up for it and it seems like Shane managed to survive it well enough as he showed up on Smackdown no problem.

doafan

« Reply #544 on: November 25, 2016, 02:04:16 pm »
Well since no one have mentioned it seems that he will be looking for the belt because at last Raw show Goldberg mentioned that Step asked him: Do you have one more title run after you also he will be the first man at the Royal Rumble event so maybe KO will have a new opponent  :o

« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2016, 05:49:59 pm »
TLC is coming up on the 4th, which hopefully will be good.  It's been turned into a Smackdown event though and it does seem abit of a basic PPV.  Ambrose vs Styles for the belt with the full TLC spread, Lynch vs Bliss, Bella vs Carmella no DQ, Miz vs Ziggler in a Ladder match that I assume is for the belt, and then an interesting mixture of American Alpha vs Orton and Wyatt.  I haven't watched the tv show lately, but apparently they are all buddy buddy now I guess.  This is for a shot at going after Rhyno and Slater for the belts.  Also there's Kalisto vs Corbin in a chairs match.  Styles vs Ambrose could be something good along with miz vs Ziggler.  I'm also very interested to see if American Alpha is gonna get put over by some big guys like Orton and Wyatt.

doafan

« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2016, 02:11:26 pm »
Yesterday Raw show was pretty intense and not only because KO and Y2J apparently broken up their friendship, was laughing my ass of when this happened, always had the idea that in this "relationship" Jericho was the girl that cry for everything and Owens the guy that doesn't care about what her girlfriend wants or need also Kevin had a match (not for the belt) against the Boo guy, a match that he lost but the rare here is that this match was not the last one of the night, the last one was between The Boss vs Charlotte for the belt with the stipulation Falls Count Anywhere where not only Sasha has become for the third time the Women Champion surprisingly the match was so damn good and the best part is that Ric Flair himself recognized Banks victory when he came into the ring  :o

This highlights are even much better than the ones that the WWE has at their channel.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »
My DVR chose not to record Raw last week for whatever reason.

I'm watching the beginning of this week's Raw, and apparently, the week my DVR screws me, is the week that Rollins and Owens has the match of the year for the main-event!

...and now I'm a Hulu subscriber.

« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:56 pm »
Haven't watched wrestling in abit, probably gonna maybe not watch too much in the way of RAW or Smackdown for awhile since it's sort of a hassle to get setup for it every Monday and Tuesday on the TV, though I will probably watch Roadblock, but I was just reminded of something I must watch, which is that WrestleKingdom is coming back at the beginning of the year! It's NJPW's Wrestlemania and for the past two years, it's been great to watch.  I know little about most of the wrestlers other than like The Young Bucks and Kenny omega, but there's always good wrestling.  I just need to find out how to watch it lol

Also, Cody Rhodes, who left WWE, has joined the Bullet Club over there, so he might debut at the show.  His promo was great, spinning his father's legacy of the American Dream to a heels version of "The American Nightmare".  That's good stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #549 on: December 14, 2016, 02:13:30 pm »
Arn Anderson and Sid Viscious get into a bloody, brutal scissors fight (real life):

http://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/sid-arn/2/

Oh man, that's just brutal! Did you guys know about this? I originally learned about in an interview I saw with 2 Cold Scorpio, who witnessed the fight. Then I Googled it and came across this graphic, and detailed account of it.

Both these guys literally tried to kill each other! I don't see how they didn't get arrested.

Sounds like Sid went over to continue a heated argument (or turn it into more of a fight), and Arn is the one that stabbed Sid first after Sid tried to back off when he saw the scissors in Arn's hand.

Then after he got stabbed, he understandably saw red and it just turned into a bloody scene from a horror movie on both sides!

What's crazy is that even though Arn is the one that stabbed Sid first, Sid is the one that was booted from WCW while Anderson only got a suspension! That Four Horsemen pull gets you a lot.

doafan

« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »
Cody Rhodes is now part of the Bullet Club ?, damn that's a good fucking new, the latest NJPW event was the Wrestle Kingdom 10 and only because of the match between Styles vs. Nakamura anyway now that you have mentioned the Young Bucks I wonder if the Briscoe Brothers are still part of this company ?, these dudes are serious business anyway Roadblock is almost here so at this moment this is the list of the official matches that will place this next Sunday:

Big Cass vs. Rusev - Singles match: This match will take place at the kickshow so am not going to see it, really don't like the matches that are before the show, the only bad thing of not seeing this one is that am totally gonna miss Lana's outfit.
Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship: This is the match that am not going to miss no matter what happen, am expecting to see Y2J at some moment in the match helping KO but after what happened at the last Raw show I still have my doubts but am pretty sure that if Cena v2.0 wins I'll riot am fucking serious about this.
Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho - Singles match: Had the idea or maybe I read at someplace but right now don't remember where that Jericho will no be at the WWE this next year because he has some schedules with his band so this is another one that am not going to miss, my wife hate him and Kevin so much even when she knows that I'm a big fan of Owens.
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair - 30–minute Iron Man match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: The match might be good but am tired of these two, the womens division of the red brand practically belong to these two ladies which by the way make me sick.
Rich Swann vs. T.J. Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick - Triple threat match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: This will be my bathroom/dinner match, I don't like the Cruiserweight Division neither none of the wrestlers that are there, I might know Kendrick from years ago when he was teaming with Paul but London was my favorite from this team, didn't knew that he fought Steen at PWG.
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman - Singles match with a 10-minute time limit: This is the match that really deserves to be at the Kickshow, if Sami wins this one it will be pure shit, don't get the wrong idea because I do love his performance but don't believe that the WWE is going to give him the push like Cena or The Rock to beat the big guy, when Foley announced that he will be part of Smackdown seriously was expecting to be true.

« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2016, 03:39:07 pm »
That arena will explode if Roman gets the Universal belt while also having the US belt lol I'm fine with him on the mid tier for now, it's a good place for him, but they know they can't get him over again.  He's still getting booed as champion.  It'll probably be a fun match, but I hope to see something different from Roman.

This is apparently the last Banks and Charlotte will feud, which is great, because it got old a long time ago.

I'll watch the Cruserweight match, but I'm not excited for it.  TJ Perkins is cool, I think he's a good guy to watch and great intro.

I'm curious to see what will happen with Zayn and Strowman.  I think it's time that Strowman got knocked down, because I don't know if he has yet.  I know how they are pushing him, but him getting taken down by Zayn would be a great push for Zayn and could fire up the big guy which is good story.  Then again, it'll probably just be close and Zayn will get destroyed, sadly lol I do wish he would get the push he deserves, maybe a shot at the US belt or something.

doafan

« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2016, 09:20:53 pm »
Then again, it'll probably just be close and Zayn will get destroyed, sadly lol I do wish he would get the push he deserves, maybe a shot at the US belt or something.

An opportunity for the US belt is the perfect choice I really was expecting to see him with the IC belt but later remember that this belt belong to KO first and if the writers are doing their jobs they definitely would not gonna give the same belt to Sami, he doesn't deserve to be the shadow of Owens cause he really needs to shine by himself.

doafan

« Reply #553 on: December 18, 2016, 01:35:11 pm »
We got another match for today's event and it will be for the Raw Tag Team Champions where The New Day will have to defend their title against Cesaro & Sheamus, call me nuts but am pretty sure that tonight we will gonna have a new Tag Team champions, after all they became the longest reigning tag team champions in WWE history these past days  ;D

« Reply #554 on: December 18, 2016, 02:03:33 pm »
I saw it talked about, but expect New Day to lose.  It's kind of WWE's modus operandi after records are set from what I read lol This is good though as New Day really do need to lose it.  I love the guys, but they've gotten abit stale and I think it's time for them to try something different to refresh themselves.  Need a fire put back into them.  It's weird how they went from a team I hate, to a team I love.