Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91138 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »
Man, WWE just loves to tease us fans, don't they?

First they sign Jim Ross back, but then tell us there are no plans for him to announce on a regular basis.

Now we find out J.R. will be the play-by-play guy for a weekly wrestling program in WWE...that only airs in the U.K.

COME ON!

Why not send Cole over the pond, instead?

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/jim-ross-and-nigel-mcguinness-call-wwe-uk-tv-show-235136

It's on the Network, so you can watch it there no problem.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #676 on: May 09, 2017, 07:36:58 pm »
I should've know that, but I don't have The Network. Been trying to cut bills, so I haven't had it since WrestleMania.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:55:27 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #677 on: May 09, 2017, 07:57:39 pm »
I should've know that, but I don't have The Network. Been trying to cut bills, so I haven't had it since WrestleMania.

Ah, yeah I understand that.  Well if you ever feel like getting it again, you'll have all the UK stuff just waiting there for a binge watch lol

« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:14 pm »
DAMMIT! What seemed like a minor thing, could last months for Braun.  No saying how much is kayfabe or legit, but it's being said he could be out for up to 6 months.  Just when everything was getting great too! The Strowman stuff was actually getting me interested in keeping up with Raw more lol

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/5/15/15643084/wwe-confirms-braun-strowman-elbow-surgery-injury-roman-reigns-says-out-up-to-six-months

doafan

« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »
Got a copy of the of the latest two Raw shows but haven't been able to see them, for what I have read from the article it says that the was injured this past week, but how ?, damn it I have to make a free time dunno from where just to see at least this past RAW  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #680 on: May 15, 2017, 07:28:51 pm »
Got a copy of the of the latest two Raw shows but haven't been able to see them, for what I have read from the article it says that the was injured this past week, but how ?, damn it I have to make a free time dunno from where just to see at least this past RAW  :'(

Apparently this is something from the Europe shows they were doing, so I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it actually stemmed from the after show spot he did where he charges Reigns by an ambulance, smashing through the ambulance door.  It's possible that this is more kayfabe than fake, that he'll maybe just be out for a month or two to help with a legit injury and they'll just say he really is a monster and came back quicker than ever, but I don't know.  There has to be some legit element to all of this, because there's no good reason to cut his rising stardom short right now and I'm dropping interest in the live shows because of it as what they were doing with him was awesome and I'm still waiting for the Hardy's to "Break" to get back to Raw lol

*EDIT*
More rumor talk is pointing to this issue being a work, but seemingly covering for the smaller issue, which will still keep him out for a month or two.  Sucks he'll be out for at least a month or two.  I hope they can recover his push, because it was just so good.  Apparently it might be Reigns/Brock again for the belt in July and though Lesnar NEEDS to drop the belt...Uggh, Reigns getting it again would suck.  Sure he'd lose it quick to Braun or someone else, I just don't want to have to go through that again lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:57:55 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #681 on: May 16, 2017, 01:33:05 pm »
More rumor talk is pointing to this issue being a work, but seemingly covering for the smaller issue, which will still keep him out for a month or two.  Sucks he'll be out for at least a month or two.  I hope they can recover his push, because it was just so good.  Apparently it might be Reigns/Brock again for the belt in July and though Lesnar NEEDS to drop the belt...Uggh, Reigns getting it again would suck.

Wasn't able to saw yesterday's show but managed to watch the match between Roman vs. Balor, dunno why but me and my wife have the idea that Roman eventually might gonna turn Hell, he almost went nuts at his last match this and the way he attacked Strowman gave us that impression hope that we are wrong but am pretty sure that until Brawn came back the writers and Vince will gonna make him practically invincible and yes, he definitely would get the belt  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #682 on: May 16, 2017, 01:53:56 pm »
Remember when there was a 30-day no compete rule on championships in the WWE? If the champion refused to compete for over 30 days, they were stripped of their championship.

In fact, WWE cited that not too long ago when they stripped Finn Balor of his Universal Championship after his injury.

...so what's going on with that and Lesnar?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:03:53 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #683 on: May 16, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »
Remember when there was a 30-day no compete rule on championships in the WWE? If the champion refused to compete for over 30 days, they were stripped of their championship.

In fact, WWE cited that not too long ago when they stripped Finn Balor of his Universal Championship after his injury.

...so what's going on with that and Lesnar?

Brock Lesnar gets to do what he wants basically, which is why he really needs to lose the belt.  I've gotten tired of his bullshit for awhile now and the whole Goldberg thing just made it so much worse.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #684 on: May 16, 2017, 03:40:10 pm »
It's really hurting the title picture. It's a huge hole in Raw. The main-event scene should be about chasing that strap.

But at the same time, it is bringing more prestige to the IC title. Last night on Raw, it was kind of cool having that main-event intro to a IC match.

« Reply #685 on: May 16, 2017, 05:06:52 pm »
It's really hurting the title picture. It's a huge hole in Raw. The main-event scene should be about chasing that strap.

But at the same time, it is bringing more prestige to the IC title. Last night on Raw, it was kind of cool having that main-event intro to a IC match.

True, but isn't it just Ambrose and Miz again? I feel like I remember that going on in Smackdown.  Part Timers like Lesnar definitely should not have the belt though.  Doesn't sound like he'll drop it till at least July, so another 2 months of nothing going on with the belt.

doafan

« Reply #686 on: May 16, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »
True, but isn't it just Ambrose and Miz again? I feel like I remember that going on in Smackdown.  Part Timers like Lesnar definitely should not have the belt though.  Doesn't sound like he'll drop it till at least July, so another 2 months of nothing going on with the belt.

Was about to say that Sami deserves a chance for that title (in fact for any) but he is now part of SmackDown so that will no be longer possible but anyway we need a new IC champion cause Ambrose has been kinda lazy this past months but The Miz again ?, I mean come on they have a lot of wrestlers there that deserves a chance  :'(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #687 on: May 16, 2017, 08:37:10 pm »
I'm still a big Ambrose fan, have been since he debuted in WWE. So I'm all for him keeping the title.

« Reply #688 on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:58 pm »
I'm still a big Ambrose fan, have been since he debuted in WWE. So I'm all for him keeping the title.

Oh I agree.  He's not a particular great wrestler, but a ton of fun to watch character wise.  It's just that I'd probably rather other people involved than resuming a similar fight they had on Smackdown.

« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »
While not all doom and gloom, I like the talk from Matt Hardy about wanting to do something with Bray Wyatt as Broken Matt.  That would be amazing and could be the first time in a long time that Bray has something to work with that makes sense and could be fun and a long running thing.