Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91081 times)

doafan

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #690 on: May 17, 2017, 06:09:08 pm »
Just wondering if Mahal is on steroids ?, yesterday it was very clear with those damn close ups that this dude have earned a freaking physique but that bacne at his chest doesn't came by itself  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2017, 06:25:01 pm »
Just wondering if Mahal is on steroids ?, yesterday it was very clear with those damn close ups that this dude have earned a freaking physique but that bacne at his chest doesn't came by itself  ???

Probably.  He's freaking jacked.

doafan

« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
So what the hell has happened with the wellness policy ?, don't want to believe that the WWE is making an exception just with him or maybe they are just looking the other side  :-\

« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:07 pm »
So what the hell has happened with the wellness policy ?, don't want to believe that the WWE is making an exception just with him or maybe they are just looking the other side  :-\

I have no idea how anything they do works there.  Like Brock Lesnar actually got caught juicing in UFC, he's suspended right now, but is still in WWE, but I've heard of people who get caught in the wellness policy and suspended, but that could include more than just if you take roids.  Like Jinder clearly is taking stuff, he's one of the most ripped guys on the roster right now, it's obvious, but maybe as long as he isn't caught, they don't care. 

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter to me.  Not really impressed with him anyways.  I kinda liked the heel idea, attacking peoples notions of diversity, as it is a heel move utilizing a good idea, but then he just has two randos doing his dirty work, which just makes him a generic heel.  I think he's only getting a push due to them starting up the WWE market in India right now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #694 on: May 18, 2017, 12:38:18 pm »
Honesty, I don't understand why steroids are such a big deal in wrestling anyways. It's not like it's a "performance enhancer" for them, the matches are all pre-determined, it's a show. It's not the same as a football or baseball player getting an unfair advantage.

« Reply #695 on: May 21, 2017, 02:52:27 am »
Not posting the play-by-play for the NXT Takeover, but overall good show as NXT usually does.  That ending though.  Man it was well done.  I won't spoil it if anyone is watching it tomorrow or monday.

« Reply #696 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:40 pm »
Heel Ziggler called Nakamura "boy"...Ziggler is a year younger than Nakamura lol

Breeze and Fandango took a really stupid gimmick and have kinda made it work.  Funny stuff lol Normally shenanigans in a championship is annoying, but this is fun I think.

Ellsworth really needs to go away.  Even as a joke comedy jobber, he's just annoying.  I barely even liked him when other people liked him lol Becky Lynch has a sick look right now.  Large hair that is sorta mohawk-like with braids on the side.  Back at Wrestlemania it was very Horizon Zero Dawn-like, but way cooler here as her own thing.

Don't really mind about Jinder getting the belt, other than I'm glad Orton is done with it.  He's a boring champ, so maybe with Jinder as an actual character, they'll do something interesting now.  He's also kinda over too.  Just as many cheers as boos.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:51:37 pm by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #697 on: May 22, 2017, 02:18:33 pm »
Breeze and Fandango took a really stupid gimmick and have kinda made it work.  Funny stuff lol Normally shenanigans in a championship is annoying, but this is fun I think.

Indeed it was funny but they also were pretty serious even for a moment got the idea that we might had a new tag team champs  ;D

Can't believe that totally forgot about the event, if it wasn't because my wife ask me before went to bed if I wasn't to watch it would totally missed and that would be bad cause really liked almost all the matches, three of them took my full attention, 1.- glad that Sami didn't lost this time but had the feeling that this feud will gonna continue for a couple of weeks (if not months) 2.- the same will happen to KO and AJ because of that count out which by the way I didn't liked but guess that re match would be better and of course the main 3.- between Orton and Mahal, guess that Randy used extreme force (or maybe it was the biggest botch) against the Singh brothers he even made an expression when he attacked the second brother ...

... about the result of this match am glad that we have a new champ, for now just want to see if what Owens said at yesterday Talking Smack about the new champ is true.

« Reply #698 on: May 22, 2017, 03:01:10 pm »
I don't think it was quite a botch on Randy's part, it was just that Randy was spinning a guy that was way outside his weight range and it spun him too much along with the guy jumping abit too high.  Luckily he landed on the plastic cover and not on his head (Seems more shoulders, arms, and neck).  Luckily the guy was up later, so he was mostly okay, but man it was scary to watch live lol

doafan

« Reply #699 on: May 22, 2017, 03:14:56 pm »
Luckily the guy was up later

Yes and he received a DDT in the ring  ;D

doafan

« Reply #700 on: June 03, 2017, 12:33:47 pm »
Didn't knew that tomorrow we are going to have the event Extreme Rules where being honest I haven't been seeing RAW lately but haven't missed any episode of SmackDown Live, after the Draft had the idea that the blue show was much better and after the latest changes without a doubt it has become better, was watching the red brand because of Strowman but since he is out for a while won't gonna watch it until he returns into action, anyway here is the list of the matches that we are going to have this Sunday, if I manage/convince my wife to make some boneless and some homemade pizza I'll watch some matches or at least the one for the Tag Team Championship  ;D

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Samoa Joe -   Fatal 5-Way Extreme Rules match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Universal Championship
Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz (with Maryse) - Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship if Ambrose is disqualified, he will lose the title.
Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley - Kendo Stick on a Pole match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship.
The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro and Sheamus - Steel Cage tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship.
Neville vs. Austin Aries - Submission match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
Rich Swann and Sasha Banks vs. Noam Dar and Alicia Fox - Mixed tag team match.

« Reply #701 on: June 03, 2017, 02:06:19 pm »
I'll be watching since I have my subscription left, but I'm not looking forward to much.  The tag team match could be good and the 5 way has potential, but that is all I'm looking at really.

« Reply #702 on: June 04, 2017, 10:56:44 pm »
Tag Team Match with Cesaro/Sheamus vs Hardy's was pretty solid, though I kinda hate when the match is just "escape", especially with the door which is an obvious problem of the match's design, but Jeff with his high flying is always welcomed and now maybe Hardy's can do something soon to be more than champions.

IC Belt of Ambrose vs Miz was their basic match, but the story aspect involving Dean trying not to get DQ'd and Miz trying to DQ Ambrose really elevated the match to be something more.  Miz is a pretty top notch heel.

Fatal 5 Way was great.  Lots of good spots, everyone looked strong, and a surprise win by Joe! He was honestly the last person I expected to win out of the 5 guys and it was well earned.  I'm kinda curious if this means that his match will try to turn into a submission match like Brock did against Undertaker.  In terms of story, Brock being raw power, you want to get him to the ground and try to take him out that way than purely doing hits, so it makes sense for them to do. 

I don't know what they are doing with Neville and Aries anymore.  It's been going on for awhile now, Aries has been taken out at 3 title shots now, and it just makes him look bad.  One thing to keep Neville strong, he's a great dominate heel for that division, but this does nothing but continue to bury Aries.  They put on good matches, but I thought for sure Aries would win this.

doafan

« Reply #703 on: June 08, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »
Rich Swann and Sasha Banks vs. Noam Dar and Alicia Fox: Didn't saw it.
Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz: Seriosuly a disqualification match in Xtreme Rules, what the hell were they thinking.
Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley: Didn't saw it.
The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro and Sheamus: Honestly started to watch this one but at some point was tired of it so decided to do other things, just came back to see the ending of this one.
Neville vs. Austin Aries: Didn't saw it.
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Samoa Joe : Totally wasn't expecting Samoa's victory, the match as expected took my full attention, loved the team work of Samoa/Bray by the way this past RAW got better when Heyman came into the ring, can't wait to see if Joe can beat the hell of Lesnar just hope that the writers don't fuck up the plan or the history cause they are making a good job with Joe  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #704 on: June 08, 2017, 02:44:22 pm »
Honestly, I'm having trouble paying attention to wrestling lately.

While the talent on WWE is tremendous (I feel they have the best roster they've had since the Attitude Era), all the talent in the world can't help WWE's atrocious creative. The storyline and matches are still just far too predictable, and every episode feels the same. If I miss a Smackdown or Raw, it's not that big of deal because it's just business as usual at WWE and everything feels so similar.

I had such high hopes, too, with all this influx of fresh, hungry talent.

Frankly, WWE is boring lately.

On a side note, though, I LOVE that the real Goldust is back. I HATED what they did to his character over the years. And I've always loved the original incarnation of Goldust.