Author Topic: Wrestling Thread!  (Read 91688 times)

Re: Wrestling Thread!
« Reply #705 on: June 08, 2017, 03:34:15 pm »
Yeah I'm not too worried about watching the live shows lately outside of PPV's.  Waiting for something to happen, like Strowman returning or Lesnar to drop the belt so that something can be done with it again.  Or the Hardy's to break or something.

doafan

« Reply #706 on: June 08, 2017, 03:52:13 pm »
Waiting for something to happen, like Strowman returning

Really hope that we can have him back in RAW as soon as possible, he is the main reason why I watch the red brand after KO went to SmackDown.

or Lesnar to drop the belt so that something can be done with it again

He is going to lose it against Samoa Joe at Great Balls of Fire (LOL who was the asshole that came with this ridiculous name for an event), what ?, I can dream too.

Or the Hardy's to break or something.

Eventually this will happen but they can accelerate the process if they decide to pay the right amount of money to whoever is in charge of the TNA right now, want to believe that you are talking about the rights of Broken Matt and Brother Nero and not about that some of these poor two break any part of their bodies at the ring ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #707 on: June 16, 2017, 10:29:49 am »
Still can't believe that we are going to have another event this next Sunday and am not going to miss this one, well at least am interested in three matches

Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the WWE Championship: No matter what Jinder has to retain, with or without help he has to retain the belt.
Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Money in the Bank ladder match for a WWE Championship match contract: Sami or Nakamura, in that order has to win the contract.
The Usos vs. The New Day: Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Carmella - Money in the Bank ladder match for a WWE SmackDown Women's Championship match contract Don't care who wins this one but really can't miss the mess that they
Naomi vs. Lana: Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

« Reply #708 on: June 16, 2017, 03:15:10 pm »
Hopefully some good stuff from this one.  Jinder definitely has to win, pushing Orton out of the championship picture for awhile.  Definitely want Sami or Nakamura to win the MITB match.  Also not really interested in who wins, maybe Becky, but hopefully a womens ladder match is good as I believe this is the first one.  And then the other two are just "Yeah sure", even though I always enjoy The New Day.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #709 on: June 16, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »
Have you guys seen what this shit-stain on the wrestling industry (Vince Russo) is up to, now?

This is his "public apology" to Eric Bischoff. Which is really nothing more than a pathetic, rambling attempt to make a jab at Bischoff through the internet becuase he's jealous that Bischoff still gets work from the WWE from time-to-time.

He did a similar "apology" to Jim Cornette recently for the same damn reason. Russo then challenged Cornette to a debate, which Cornette responded by challenging Russo to a fight.

If you get a chance, watch these. And then, I want to hear what you guys think about all of this.

Vince Russo Publically "Apologizes" to Eric Bischoff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duD_sm-wMjk

Vince Russo Publically "Apologizes" to Jim Cornette:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsq3wn9_X0

Cornette Responds to Vince Russo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HErBP9e6H9A
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:10:40 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #710 on: June 16, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »
My knowledge isn't deep enough to really know what is going on, but isn't Russo widely considered to be one of the guys who screwed up a ton of things over his years in the industry and despite frequently being problematic, continued to get work for no damn good reason? He also just seems to be a general shitbag of an individual reading about some of his podcast talk.  Not gonna pretend that any of the guys are angels, but just seems like Russo is trying to fling shit and see what sticks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #711 on: June 16, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »
Yes, Russo is largely responsible for the demise of WCW. Ratings tanked under his watch and his nonsensical storylines. He's the man that put the belt on David Arquette.

He was such a cancer to the industry that recently Dixie Carter (TNA) had to secretly pay Russo because if their network found out he was involved at all, they would have cancelled TNA. Which did happen, and they did get cancelled (forcing them to move to their new network).

And now he's just desperate for attention.

doafan

« Reply #712 on: June 16, 2017, 05:59:22 pm »
He was such a cancer to the industry

Sorry my friend but have to fix your sentence, just for the simple reason of being alive this asshole he's still a cancer.

recently Dixie Carter (TNA) had to secretly pay Russo because if their network found out he was involved at all, they would have cancelled TNA. Which did happen, and they did get cancelled (forcing them to move to their new network).

Well this is new for me, guess that I'll have to read a couple of articles just to know what a mess this cancer did to the TNA.

And now he's just desperate for attention.

Yes and gotta love Cornette's reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPVuHJbbGp8

« Reply #713 on: June 18, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »
Hype Bros vs Colons - It's a nothing match, Hype Bros won because people like them more than the Colons lol

MITB Women's Ladder Match - I'm actually pretty excited for this as due to them never using women in matches with any serious gimmicks...ladders, tables, chairs, etc (That kendo stickmatch between Bliss and Bayley was bad)...so this should be fun as it gives them something more to do.  I'm pulling for Becky in this one as she's always been abit of a favorite despite being used so poorly since coming to the main roster.  Great that they are kicking off the show with this.

And Ellsworth bullshit won it for Carmella.  Fuck this Ellsworth garbage.  The first women's MITB match and it's won by a guy coming in to win it for the woman.  God this is stupid.  The crowd isn't having it either.  This isn't legit heel heat, this is "That was a garbage ending" heat.

Uso's vs New Day - PLEASE SAVE THIS SHOW, NEW DAY! I'd like them to win, but please just be a good match.  Poor botch with Big E and one of the Uso's lol Unfortunate, but it happens. Oh my god...Count out win for New Day, that doesn't net them the belts...Oh my god, this show...

Naomi vs Lana - Honestly, before, this was like a nothing match for me, but now I'm just hoping to get something out of this.  Please let this be at least something.  I don't care who wins, just give me a good, complete, match. Oh my god...I just realized that Carmella has the chance to cash in on this match with her bullshit win from before.  Please no.  And it happened...please don't be bullshit...Not a good match, but at least Carmella didn't actually cash-in, just teased.  Lana doesn't seem to be particularly good.

Maria Kanellis? Looking it up, some former WWE wrestler from the Mid-2000 roster coming back? Nothing for me as I didn't watch WWE during that era.

Mihal vs Orton - These last two matches really need to be good, because so far it's been very disappointing even if there was good stuff in the Women's MITB match and New Day vs Uso.  Screwy endings make for annoying times.  Good start for this one.  I didn't know this was Randy's hometown, so there's some good crowd hype going on and he seems more intense than usual.  Personally felt he seemed to be just going on auto-pilot for awhile and wasn't anything more than a "RKO Outta Nowhere". And there we go, a win for Jinder.  There was some good stuff going on and it had a proper end. A solid match.

Ascension vs Breezango - I know it was a comedy angle, but the reveal was the only other obvious tag team? lol Sure, whatever lol  Hilariously, the only legit match so far on the main show in terms of an undeniable win lol

MITB Men's Match - Hoping for Nakamura or Zayn on this one, but I'm cool with most anyone getting it other than maybe Dolph. Should be good though. And there goes Nakamura with a run in from Corbin stomping him, likely taking him out of the match...Oh my god, this PPV...

Well this match turned good and got better, but man, Corbyn winning  feels anti-climatic, but now I think at least we can look forward to Nakamura vs Styles matches lol I don't know the last PPV that felt this unsatisfying, even if there were good matches going on.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:46:52 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #714 on: June 19, 2017, 10:17:05 pm »
Remembered that RAW was on, so I came back to the show in progress literally just as Strowman returned to the show, causing Reigns to lose a match and then get slammed and setup a match for Great Balls of Fire between them in an ambulance match lol I guess I needed something more to perk me up after last nights PPV.

And the hits keep on coming.  They break up DIY and they've broken up Enzo and Cass.  It's like WWE doesn't want us to be happy.  When I see people quitting WWE because of the booking and writing, I can't blame them.  When at any point have there been issues with them that this makes sense?  They make it out that Cass has hated it since NXT, but come on, that's been years! This is such a weak reason with the lamest build up.  I know they weren't really doing much with them, but like what now? They've built Enzo as a light weight that gets beat, but had Cass to back him up and Cass isn't anything on the mic, so that's where Enzo would fill in.  They were the type of tag team that complimented each other really well.  Sometimes with this company...

Also apparently Roman is just automatically #1 contender for Lesnar at Summerslam? Cause he can just do this? We know Joe isn't going to win it at Great Balls of Fire, so this is just gonna be a rematch of the Wrestlemania between them, but we won't have a Rollins save? Yeah, people would just love another Reigns championship go, because Lesnar has to lose it soon, but man I do not want Reigns to win lol

*EDIT* I hate that Enzo and Cass were broken up in such a poor way, but they did sell it incredibly well.  I just hope they both aren't left squandered separated.  As I read more, seems like Enzo could go the way of more of being a manager/valet, in the likes of Jimmy Hart, which would be cool since Enzo isn't exactly known for his top quality wrestling ability and it focus him onto what he does best, which is talk alot.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/6/20/15835818/wwe-raw-enzo-amore-big-cass-break-up-heartbreak
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:52:02 am by kamikazekeeg »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #715 on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:17 am »
So Booker T is now a heel announcer? Or was he just a little salty on Raw this week?

BTW guys, if you're on Facebook, and want a drama-free wrestling group, I've got a small wrestling group I've ran for a couple years now. It started as just a group of guys that were in a comic group that were also wrestling fans, but it has grown a little bit. Still a pretty small group, though, at 180 members. A lot of us both keep up on WWE currently and are old-school fans. No trolls, and a friendly atmosphere. Feel free to join us:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788451467919800/?fref=nf
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:30:55 am by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #716 on: June 20, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
Remembered that RAW was on, so I came back to the show in progress literally just as Strowman returned to the show

For some unknown reason decided to watch yesterday's show and my expression when I saw the ambulance was FUCK YEAH and am glad that they decided to continue with this feud.

Also apparently Roman is just automatically #1 contender for Lesnar at Summerslam? Cause he can just do this? We know Joe isn't going to win it at Great Balls of Fire, so this is just gonna be a rematch of the Wrestlemania between them, but we won't have a Rollins save? Yeah, people would just love another Reigns championship go, because Lesnar has to lose it soon, but man I do not want Reigns to win lol

Being honest this idea never come to my mind, mainly because really love the idea that Samoa can actually won the belt, I mean they are doing things pretty good with these two and without a doubt Joe will be a badass champ but what you think can also happen, if they decide to give Reigns another shoot for the belt they literally will throw everything to the trash can, really hope that you are wrong man.

I hate that Enzo and Cass were broken up in such a poor way, but they did sell it incredibly well.  I just hope they both aren't left squandered separated.

Incredible ?, come on man they need to give Enzo ASAP an Oscar for his performance, his expression and that tear totally broke my heart but what really piss me of is that the writers decided to make Big Cass a Heel and not Roman, everybody hates Reigns and that's one of the reasons why they he needs to be part of the bad boys, it would sell even even more this way, dunno what the hell they are thinking but this rupture of the SWAFT team can work in so many different ways.

« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »
And just like I thought they would do, they stripped Carmella of the briefcase and are redoing the MITB match next week.  Dammit, McMahon.  This offers no story value, this doesn't enhance any of the people involved, and all it does is cheat people who pay for the network, to have the actual outcome of the match happen on TV instead.  This is why ratings suck for WWE right now, because people get annoyed with the bullshit.  I don't even know if I'll watch Great Balls of Fire, because that name sucks and I just am losing interest.  For every good thing, there's just as many bad things.

doafan

« Reply #718 on: June 28, 2017, 02:52:45 pm »
Am just gonna leave these images here from yesterday's SmackDown Live  :o

« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2017, 03:20:23 pm »
Am just gonna leave these images here from yesterday's SmackDown Live  :o

Yup.   So WWE fucked up the first match...just so Carmella could keep it.  The worst writing and I heard the response was very tepid.  Every time I think the company is going in a better direction, we get crap like this.  I wonder if Vince retiring would solve anything...